Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Prison welfare advocate "get over it"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed like it was.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm all for whatever checks and balances are required to keep officialdom within prisons accountable and prisoners safer from violence, rape and abuse.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
^ I think that's a sad attitude, Mugwump. Prisoner welfare isn't exactly at the front of the queue when it comes to social or political concern, and stories like this will always be leapt on by unethical media outlets looking for outrage and populist politicians looking for easy votes. The fact that we have anybody in our society brave enough to argue for the welfare of our prisoners is something to cherish, and something to support at all costs, I would have thought.

There's a saying in football that your team is only as good as your 22nd player. I think society is much the same – the welfare of prisoners reflects our humanity as a whole.

Football teams get to delist players who aren't up to standard.

Big hands clapping

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 pm

Wokko wrote:
I agree with David here, a prisoner still needs to be treated with humanity otherwise we may as well just bring back the death sentence. Small carrots for prisoners help to keep them well behaved and would also prevent mental health breakdowns and further costs.

If someone killed my daughter I'd be spending every waking second figuring out how to return the favour, I certainly shouldn't be deciding on how the murderer is treated in jail (if I didn't get to them first, then I'd be hoping my stay would be somewhat comfy).

Yep hundred percent agree

Waste of money keeping this prick alive.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Why does he need a toaster? Don't they just get their food given to them? Its not as if he's got a loaf of bread in his cell.

Good question

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm all for whatever checks and balances are required to keep officialdom within prisons accountable and prisoners safer from violence, rape and abuse.

Really?

I'd rather keep law abiding citizens, not to mention innocent little girls, safe from rape, murder and torture.

Funny though, if he only gets let out 1 hr a day, he's probably safer. Personally I'm happy for him to go in general pop, nothing like a bit of jail house justice for pedophiles, rapists, murders. And he's got three out of three

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:01 am

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 am

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:
^ I think that's a sad attitude, Mugwump. Prisoner welfare isn't exactly at the front of the queue when it comes to social or political concern, and stories like this will always be leapt on by unethical media outlets looking for outrage and populist politicians looking for easy votes. The fact that we have anybody in our society brave enough to argue for the welfare of our prisoners is something to cherish, and something to support at all costs, I would have thought.

There's a saying in football that your team is only as good as your 22nd player. I think society is much the same – the welfare of prisoners reflects our humanity as a whole.

I don't object to people advocating for prisoners. I just want to ensure it is not publicly funded. Prisoners have their broad basic rights guaranteed under the common law the same as the rest of us. If volunteers want to advocate for them, fair play to them. It's just not a priority for government in my view. If I were to spend money on this area, I'd spend it on making sure that prison inspections were conducted effectively, and on post-release schemes.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that this guy is getting government funding. He just sounds like a not all that articulate rent-a-quote put on by ACA to dial up the outrage a little.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 am

You cannot be objective when you throw emotion into the argument.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:26 am

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

I don't object to people advocating for prisoners. I just want to ensure it is not publicly funded. Prisoners have their broad basic rights guaranteed under the common law the same as the rest of us. If volunteers want to advocate for them, fair play to them. It's just not a priority for government in my view. If I were to spend money on this area, I'd spend it on making sure that prison inspections were conducted effectively, and on post-release schemes.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that this guy is getting government funding. He just sounds like a not all that articulate rent-a-quote put on by ACA to dial up the outrage a little.

the fact that he is being down graded as a prisoner still remains. but typical response.

take the emotion out of! hes the 22 player! OMFG! not a world i want to live in. this ^&*^*% gave up his right to any special privlidges when he raped, tortured and killed that child, and never even showed a speck of remorse. the only thing they should give him is a razor blade. a blunt one.

you cant take emotion out of it. if living is a right, where are the rights of that little girl? can you just imagine the torture in her mothers head every single $£$%^%%$ day? knowing what her little girl went through? how about a trade? how about he show some remorse? say the magic s word? do something constructive for the community? you work, you get paid, just like the real world.

apparently getting downgraded is the stepping stones to eventual release. that cannot happen.

a world with no emotion. where do i get the escape capsule?

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 am

Quote:
I just want to ensure it is not publicly funded

interesting how the other peoples money brigade never mention their (and David Flint's) 86 billion dollar hobby.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 am

A royally good post. Smile
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:57 am

think positive wrote:
I'd rather keep law abiding citizens, not to mention innocent little girls, safe from rape, murder and torture.

Then you had better be very, very careful about the policies you vote for, because financial stress, poverty and social division increase the rate of all of those.

Were you aware of that?

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:59 am

What happened to it?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 pm

🔫
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: