Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring questions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
Avg frees per game is 35. 15 tonight in wet weather! Only 1 free in the last 38 minutes!

There's an argument that that's good umpiring but the blatant holding severely affected our ability to contest the ball time after time after time. Swanny was blatantly pushed in the back.... none of those frees are altered by wet weather.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Avg frees per game is 35. 15 tonight in wet weather! Only 1 free in the last 38 minutes!

Probably the out on the full!
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:30 am

What gets me is the opposition standing over the mark. Every team we play does it: Hawks, Freo, Geelong and Port tonight. They all guard the mark then peel off, only to have the next in line guard it 1-2m in front albeit 5m to the side, then they start moving back to the original mark and they are in front by 2m. It erks me! Then we have Fasolo 1m in front and not called back but given 50m against...what a joke!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:31 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

There's an argument that that's good umpiring but the blatant holding severely affected our ability to contest the ball time after time after time. Swanny was blatantly pushed in the back.... none of those frees are altered by wet weather.

I was just stating facts. The umps definitely let things go more than usual.

There are more stoppages and it tends to be more contested in wet weather and as a result one might expect more frees - that was the point of my mentioning the weather.

For mine, good umpiring is consistent umpiring so players know what to expect - decision to decision, quarter to quarter, game to game and round to round.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am

Other one I really noticed was the time to take a kick, they got at least 10 seconds before the umpire even gave them the hurry up whistle in the last couple of minutes, yet every other game its 6-7 seconds if lucky and they are usually really strict on it in the last qtr of a close game.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am

Stinger wrote:
What gets me is the opposition standing over the mark. Every team we play does it: Hawks, Freo, Geelong and Port tonight. They all guard the mark then peel off, only to have the next in line guard it 1-2m in front albeit 5m to the side, then they start moving back to the original mark and they are in front by 2m. It erks me! Then we have Fasolo 1m in front and not called back but given 50m against...what a joke!

...and BINGO was his name-o.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 am

Bald headed Simon ovelander Nicholls how does he still umpires
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:46 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Other one I really noticed was the time to take a kick, they got at least 10 seconds before the umpire even gave them the hurry up whistle in the last couple of minutes, yet every other game its 6-7 seconds if lucky and they are usually really strict on it in the last qtr of a close game.

Also the siren...they couldn't have pressed the button quick enough! Watching it on TV there is usually a 2-3 sec delay, yet as Cloke went to ground as the clock hits 2-1-0, it goes off instantly!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:59 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
Bald headed Simon ovelander Nicholls how does he still umpires

He's rocketed past Kamolins, Stevic and Schmidt on my maggot list.
Fukken dog of a thing.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 am

Don't forget Troy "crazy john" Pannell.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:08 am

Stinger wrote:
Don't forget Troy "crazy john" Pannell.

Ooh ya, he top-5 material.
Along with "Leo Sayer" McInerney.

winterstick 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:09 am

love the way some posters on B/F say the umpiring was fair or pretty even just to sound level headed or maybe even intelligent. Yes we played pretty average but the umpiring was terrible, I don't care if the frees evened out at the end and it's almost as if upstairs deliberately does it. they lost us the game but our players lost us a bigger margin.
I don't know about you guys but I was pretty angry for a couple of hours after the game.
The usual answer "I didn't see it"
winterstick 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:13 am

Stinger wrote:

I saw it a few times, the umpire calls "back two meters" player takes one short step backwards and the umpire says "that's it"
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:45 am

I never bother buying into umpiring because it's out of our control but tonight was horrible.
Faze pinged 50 for being over the mark without warning. Not 5 minutes later Gray called to go back 2 meters on 4 occasions takes a half meter step and that's fine
Pendles is changing his name to teddy bear as he was cuddled so much around the ball tonight by port players it was ridiculous
On at least 8 times tonight port players dived head first into our players legs below the knee and nothing
Both Grundy & Witts thrown out of ruck contests without penalty.
Players blocked out of contesting for marks and nothing
Seriously this was the most one sided umpiring display for the season
No wonder Adams got frustrated
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 am

The push in the back by Gray(?) on Tooves(?) that resulted in a goal was the other one that got me spewing. Clear push in the back and commentators suggest umpire wAs unsighted. Then one of the replays runs and you can see the umpire run past the camera that clearly, obviously, without doubt shows the push.

If the ump was unsighted then he was running with his eyes closed or looking for his mum in the crowd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: