Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose another thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Port rode the emotion and got the narrow win. Adams is gone, gone, gone which is a big loss for us.

We have a problem with 'bustling' teams - teams that 'mongrel' the ball forward with nudges, taps and even fumbles. Improvement will come but its just not quite there yet.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Boot wrote:
I just watched the last two minutes of this game on the clubs website. Does anybody else feel that Cloke was unlucky not to be paid the mark on the siren?

Not since the ball came through Elliott's hands first!

Elliot should of Marked it really

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:14 am

I had to rely on sms score updates from home as I'm still holidaying OS so I couldn't watch it live. Probably just as well in the end based on what I've read on here. I know we can get carried away with our interpretations of what we see live, but were we really as bad as what people are saying?

So far I've read that it's Cloke's fault, White's fault, Fasolo's fault, Elliott's fault, the selection committee's fault, the umpires fault, the weather's fault and Buckley's fault that we lost.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:27 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Boot wrote:
I just watched the last two minutes of this game on the clubs website. Does anybody else feel that Cloke was unlucky not to be paid the mark on the siren?

Yep, he'd have needed a false beard and glasses and a sex change to get out of that ground alive if he'd paid that mark to Cloke. And it wasn't worth it anyway. Cloke was too close to goal,and would have put it into the forward pocket.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:36 am

Remember when Licuria dropped the knee into Akermanis's head? Come to think of it Adams is a similar type of player to Licker.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:21 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
I had to rely on sms score updates from home as I'm still holidaying OS so I couldn't watch it live. Probably just as well in the end based on what I've read on here. I know we can get carried away with our interpretations of what we see live, but were we really as bad as what people are saying?

So far I've read that it's Cloke's fault, White's fault, Fasolo's fault, Elliott's fault, the selection committee's fault, the umpires fault, the weather's fault and Buckley's fault that we lost.

Not sure what you've been reading but we were actually very good. Selection committee did make a bit of a howler though.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:35 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Another honourable loss. We don't have to like them, but we need to acknowledge them and Thursday night's loss was full of positives, we stuck to a task against a quality team with their season on the line and very nearly got over the top.

The one and only disappointing thing to come out of this game was selection. I don't know why we would have thought that such a tall lineup would work on a wet night. It's a poorly balanced lineup for any game, but when heavy rain was forecast it was simply bizarre. The only reason I can come up with is that we didn't want to drop Moore after only one game. It's a poor reason, but I can't find another that makes any sense. The injury to Broomhead made the decision even worse and I don't have any doubt that it cost us the game. Replacing a small with a tall was just plain dumb. Put Kennedy in the side ahead of Moore or Witts and I'm confident we win.

Ok, Adam's brain snap was also not so good. Lost the plot after it (a couple of free kicks and an awful turnover) and had a big hand in Port getting over the top. Let's hope Greenwood's ready to go next week because Taylor won't be playing.

Next thing is for our developing team to learn is how take that effort to the next level and to win ugly
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:37 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Boot wrote:

That's what I thought.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:03 am

think positive wrote:
OMFG pull your heads in.

They never quit. We have had two bloody hard weeks, it was their ground, they had last week off, and extra time to digest the awful loss, a loss both teams suffered.

Yeah, we have a way to go with skills under pressure. Let's not forget we were supposed to be bottom 4!

**** it, I'm proud of that effort, that come back. Three $£$%^%%$ points, it was anyone's game.

Grow some Fuckng balls, this team is going all the way. It won't be this year, but I'm telling you here and now Buckley will hold the premiership cup with these boys by his side

Go Pies.

This!!!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:25 am

winpies wrote:
think positive wrote:
OMFG pull your heads in.

They never quit. We have had two bloody hard weeks, it was their ground, they had last week off, and extra time to digest the awful loss, a loss both teams suffered.

Yeah, we have a way to go with skills under pressure. Let's not forget we were supposed to be bottom 4!

**** it, I'm proud of that effort, that come back. Three $£$%^%%$ points, it was anyone's game.

Grow some Fuckng balls, this team is going all the way. It won't be this year, but I'm telling you here and now Buckley will hold the premiership cup with these boys by his side

Go Pies.

This!!!

Other than the fact that they didn't have last week off at all, the rest of the post is as about as accurate as that point!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Boot wrote:

Yeah, thought Elliott should have taken that one, it was difficult, but he is a good mark.....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:01 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Not sure what you've been reading but we were actually very good. Selection committee did make a bit of a howler though.

I have been reading nick's of course.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:14 am

The start killed us , it was a gutsy effort to claw it back. We really missed Williams , he would have shut down Winguard or diver smallfries. Really disapointed in Cloke it was a big chance for him to step up. Our kicking into forward 50 was not good. It was like we kept looking for Broadbent! Great game by Adams, Swanny , Langdon , Degeoy and N.Brown.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

3rd degree wrote:
The start killed us , it was a gutsy effort to claw it back. We really missed Williams , he would have shut down Winguard or diver smallfries. Really disapointed in Cloke it was a big chance for him to step up. Our kicking into forward 50 was not good. It was like we kept looking for Broadbent! Great game by Adams, Swanny , Langdon , Degeoy and N.Brown.

As some of us predicted before the season, this is typical of a developing team. They will win when not expected to, lose when not expected to and be unpredicatable. The facts are that we have not lost by more than 2 goals to three very good teams over the past three weeks, irrespective of how unlucky we may have been in each contest for various reasons. That is footy.
It is also highly probable that Collingwood will win this week against the wet toast as this fits in nicely with the unpredictability aspect of such teams.
As for me, I'm just rapt with how this team is progressing and know deep down that the big picture will show vast team improvement by the end of the season. To me, making the finals will be an absolute bonus as my pre season prediction was a finish between 9 - 12.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Listening to Maxy, it's clear that allowing Port to play an extra man in defence in the last 5 minutes cost us the game.......apart from giving them a 4 goal head start in the first quarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: