Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose another thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

richo wrote:
Rumour I heard was that Westhoff said "need head" to Adams in the pack.

Lucky he didn't say dickhead then, or Adams might be looking at an 8 or 10 week spell. Laughing
richo 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Saw Tony Francis walking out after the game, his young lad wearing a pies scarf. Couldn't help but see the similarities between Taylor's knee, Tony's "kick" and how remarkably similar our current young team is to that of 1990, in terms of where our young side is headed.

Last edited by richo on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:17 pm

I don't really understand why we would select Moore when we knew we'd need to play him in defence with Williams always going to be omitted for Grundy for personal reasons.

Surely it would have been better to play Marsh or Scharenberg.

piester 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:33 pm

It was always going to go one of two ways - the emotion would carry Port to a win or they would fall in a heap. Unfortunately for us the emotion carried them to the victory, and if you look at some of their players post match they had tears streaming down their faces so the game meant a lot to them. Was always going to be a tough ask for us up against that scenario. On any other given day we would have had their measure, unfortunate the timing of the match was on the back of 2 close losses and leaves us precariously in the 8, but am sure we can have a strong finish to the season from this point on.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Last Qtr reminded what we did with Melbourne on Queens Birthday. Where they bombed the ball into the F50 and Oxley was taking Intercepting Marks.

That what happened last night

uncanny 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:49 pm

After getting smashed early they we're a bit stiff to lose in the end. Good to see they never gave in. Very disappointed to lose that one but hoping for a good finish to the season, starting next week.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
This loss is all in bucks.. He was our worst offender performer tonight. Picking 5 talls in wet conditions and allowing broadbent to be lose man in last quarter when we should Of went man on man.

He has had a good year but last night it is all in him.. Disgusting effort

If we miss finals again after 8-3 start then questions need to be asked.. I can take the freo & Hawks loss as much as they hurt but losing a game because your coach had a brain fade is unacceptable..

Never been so angry about a loss before

You cannot be serious - where were you in 2002, 2003 and 2011?

grand finals aside, surely the loss to port in the finals in 2013 has to rate up there.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
jackcass wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
This loss is all in bucks.. He was our worst offender performer tonight. Picking 5 talls in wet conditions and allowing broadbent to be lose man in last quarter when we should Of went man on man.

He has had a good year but last night it is all in him.. Disgusting effort

If we miss finals again after 8-3 start then questions need to be asked.. I can take the freo & Hawks loss as much as they hurt but losing a game because your coach had a brain fade is unacceptable..

Never been so angry about a loss before

Is this the start of the "sack Bucks" push?

I think u will find that I am a bucks advocate but he has a shocker in every department last night. Selection match ups & allowing a loose man in defence. Jury is still out with him, Derek hine is out Best asset now we wait and see if bucks can use the list at his diaposal.

Ethier way bucks has been good this year, so he is allowed a shocker I guess.

From what I saw, it was good coaching having an extra man back when you are getting belted by Wines and Gray. Players though need to have an ounce of intelligence when they break free with the ball, not to panic and bomb it to a one on two contest in the forward line. Watching Buckley smashing the phone down in the coaches box, I can guess the players were getting the message in the quarter time and three quarter time huddle.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:42 am

richo wrote:
Saw Tony Francis walking out after the game, his young lad wearing a pies scarf. Couldn't help but see the similarities between Taylor's knee, Tony's "kick" and how remarkably similar our current young team is to that of 1990, in terms of where our young side is headed.

That's the spirit, Richo.

I lap these losses up. The toughness and the team grit; you can't buy that.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:05 am

If a team is going to lose then this is how. Didnt give up and kept trying
Next year we will be even better.
If you accept this is a development year then it explains why Moore was kept in. He is potential but is not ready yet

If a player makes a mistake we accept it
If a umpire makes a mistake its because they are corrupt
If a coach makes a mistake we demand instant dismissal

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Last Qtr reminded what we did with Melbourne on Queens Birthday. Where they bombed the ball into the F50 and Oxley was taking Intercepting Marks.

That what happened last night

You're right, Dave.

We did the same against Freo, but were much better when we played Hawthorn, where our goal kicking let us down. I think the players were so caught up in the frenzy of trying to win the game, they just lost their composure.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Another honourable loss. We don't have to like them, but we need to acknowledge them and Thursday night's loss was full of positives, we stuck to a task against a quality team with their season on the line and very nearly got over the top.

The one and only disappointing thing to come out of this game was selection. I don't know why we would have thought that such a tall lineup would work on a wet night. It's a poorly balanced lineup for any game, but when heavy rain was forecast it was simply bizarre. The only reason I can come up with is that we didn't want to drop Moore after only one game. It's a poor reason, but I can't find another that makes any sense. The injury to Broomhead made the decision even worse and I don't have any doubt that it cost us the game. Replacing a small with a tall was just plain dumb. Put Kennedy in the side ahead of Moore or Witts and I'm confident we win.

Ok, Adam's brain snap was also not so good. Lost the plot after it (a couple of free kicks and an awful turnover) and had a big hand in Port getting over the top. Let's hope Greenwood's ready to go next week because Taylor won't be playing.

Boot 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:01 pm

I just watched the last two minutes of this game on the clubs website. Does anybody else feel that Cloke was unlucky not to be paid the mark on the siren?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 pm

^^Haven't seen the replay, but questioned at the time whether he marked it. Even it he did, was it after the siren? He didn't seem to claim it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Boot wrote:
I just watched the last two minutes of this game on the clubs website. Does anybody else feel that Cloke was unlucky not to be paid the mark on the siren?

Not since the ball came through Elliott's hands first!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: