Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brad Scott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm
Post subject: Brad ScottReply with quote

Due to a whole range of other dramas Brad Scott's woes have managed to fly under the radar this year. But after making the prelim last year and topping up for a flag with Waite and Higgins it looks the Roos are going to miss the eight this year. So it seems like there're going to be four clubs in search of a coach at season's end: Essendon, Adelaide, Carlton and the Roos. With so many clubs searching for a coach I'd expect Scott and Hird to be sacked before the end of the year so their clubs can give themselves the opportunity of getting the best coach available. If they wait until the off season they'll be left with the applicants Adelaide and Carlton rejected.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If North don't make the eight Brad Scott is in trouble especially after six seasons with the club. Damien Hardwick needs to start producing the goods for Richmond during the finals especially in his sixth season as coach of the club but I don't expect him to be sacked this year though.

Hird should have been sacked a long time and his current performance shows Essendon needs a new coach but will the board have the courage to sack their favourite son. I think regardless of what happens now I don't think Hird will be sacked before the verdict of the Essendon 34 is handed down in the future by WADA.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I can't believe what Brad Scott said about Selwood's chicken wing tackle on one of his own players. If I were a Roos player, I would be asking whose side he is on.
In any other code of football, Selwood would have been red-carded for that. If a player has a duty of care not to injure another player's head when he is bumping, which is high speed and single action, surely that duty of care also applies to other actions that can cause injuries that are not only potentially career-ending but also life long. What Selwood did to Wright was not high-speed, nor was it in contest for the ball. It was a sustained action intended to hurt a bloke whose shoulder was already strapped. I am amazed the North player to pushed him off Wright didn't punch him in the face, because he surely deserved it.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:42 pm

^ i thought the actions of the north player (34) pushing selwood off looked like they could have done further damage given the angle the arm was being held at.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:47 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ i thought the actions of the north player (34) pushing selwood off looked like they could have done further damage given the angle the arm was being held at.

I agree - but I think the urgency of the situation would have clouded any rational assessment, such as take another 4 or 5 seconds to go around the other side and go at Selwood from a different angle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: