Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What has happened to Jamie Elliott the budding A Grader

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon he'll kick a bag against Port....as will Cloke.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:56 pm
Post subject: Re: What has happened to Jamie Elliott the budding A GraderReply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

In the last two weeks you would hardly notice that he was playing. Jamie gives us the wow factor when he is on song and the wow factor is important in winning games that are in the balance. He has been sorely missed.

Might have something to do with the last two games being against quality opposition. I hope he doesn't end up like Leon Davis, who was often a world beater against ordinary teams but went missing against the good teams.

That's a myth perpetuated on the back of a couple of quiet GF performances but hardly reflective of his performances across his career.

Overall final's performances: Leon played 18 finals with an average of 13 disposals, 0.8 goals and 3.6 tackles.

Grand Finals: Played in 3 GF (2002, 2003, 2010) for an average of 5.2 possessions and 0.4 goals.

Bucks played with Leon in many finals' campaigns and I believe it is the reason we didn't make much of an offer to keep him when Bucks came on board as head coach in 2012.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:21 pm

ok I'll put my 2 bob in
at the presser bux said something the Pies have some issues that haven't made the back pages
3 players or staff members are grieving and they're unrelated
maybe one of them is Billy Elliott - kinda makes sense as bux on the bench and the players in the huddle were giving Billy alot of attention???

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:01 am
Post subject: Re: What has happened to Jamie Elliott the budding A GraderReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

In the last two weeks you would hardly notice that he was playing. Jamie gives us the wow factor when he is on song and the wow factor is important in winning games that are in the balance. He has been sorely missed.

Might have something to do with the last two games being against quality opposition. I hope he doesn't end up like Leon Davis, who was often a world beater against ordinary teams but went missing against the good teams.

That's a myth perpetuated on the back of a couple of quiet GF performances but hardly reflective of his performances across his career.

Overall final's performances: Leon played 18 finals with an average of 13 disposals, 0.8 goals and 3.6 tackles.

Grand Finals: Played in 3 GF (2002, 2003, 2010) for an average of 5.2 possessions and 0.4 goals.

Bucks played with Leon in many finals' campaigns and I believe it is the reason we didn't make much of an offer to keep him when Bucks came on board as head coach in 2012.

You missed his 2011 GF stats, where he had 20 disposals and laid 11 tackles. But I guess that was overshadowed by his opponent Varcoe kicking the first two goals of the game. I was actually disappointed that he didn't go for one more year because I thought he reinvented himself as a small defender.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Aren't we being a bit harsh on Elliot? Played two great defensive teams the last two weeks. Still kicked a great goal at a critical stage in the last quarter against Hawthorn. Sometimes you don't get a lot of opportunities against the really good sides when you play forward on the ground. Rioli didn't get a lot of opportunities either, but with 10 possessions got best man on the ground. So Rioli is the benchmark for Elliot to aspire to. It's not about taking a scorcher of a mark. Elliot has to temper his passion for the sake of the team and play more team oriented footy. That's part of the learning process. We should be more critical of Elliot's game once he's played 100 games.

YEP!! Sometimes he's got to stay down and crumb a goal.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:24 am

Let's not forget the effects of a big preseason with midfield aspirations, and the unbelievably godforsaken role of being a small forward target.

He's got the attitude and will work it out. Bucks might well be the ideal mentor for him in that regard, too. But, if not, just the familiar football names:

Robert Harvey - Senior Assistant Coach
Ben Hart - Assistant Coach (Backline)
Scott Burns - Assistant Coach (Midfield)
Craig McRae - Development Manager
Anthony Rocca - Development Coach (Forward line)
Tarkyn Lockyer - Development Coach (Midfield)

Shocked

Geebus, there's some substance, experience and diversity there. I feel mentored having just copied and pasted in the names!

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 am

pietillidie wrote:
Let's not forget the effects of a big preseason with midfield aspirations, and the unbelievably godforsaken role of being a small forward target.

He's got the attitude and will work it out. Bucks might well be the ideal mentor for him in that regard, too. But, if not, just the familiar football names:

Shocked

Geebus, there's some substance, experience and diversity there. I feel mentored having just copied and pasted in the names!

I remember a day a long time ago when Buckley became the oldest player at Collingwood and I therefore became older than the entire Collingwood list.

Now I look at the assistant coaches and I think its the case that I would now also be the oldest coach in the coaching team!!!!

Shit!!!

Next up I guess I become older than the board members.......

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:10 am

E wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Shocked

I remember a day a long time ago when Buckley became the oldest player at Collingwood and I therefore became older than the entire Collingwood list.

Now I look at the assistant coaches and I think its the case that I would now also be the oldest coach in the coaching team!!!!

Shit!!!

I guess the fallout from Mick's departure continues.

I remember the first time I realized I was older than a couple of the players and how weird it seemed.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am

Lets just hope he has a blinder tonight against Port and he gets well and truely back on track.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:26 am

E wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Shocked

Shit!!!

My God, Nicks is becoming a geriatric ward!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:35 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say but assume the stats are to support the fact that Leon did play well in big games, just tainted by a couple of ordinary GF performances. Would also think that the club played other big games that weren't finals and Leon did okay in those as well.

Don't think Bucks taking over as coach had anything to do with the offer made to Leon. As I understand it, once Leon had announced his intentions the club signed other uncontracted players (like Macaffer) with available TPP capacity and when he eventually reconsidered there wasn't any capacity to pay him more than offered.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 am

Well, whatever the reason, it was a great outcome.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Lets just hope he has a blinder tonight against Port and he gets well and truely back on track.

He will. If he wears his black boots! Very Happy

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Another ordinary night for Jamie last night. Should we be concerned by his recent poor form or is this just a small setback?

It's also fair to remember that he's only 22 as well so at that age most players are bound to be inconsistent at certain stages of the year.

Last edited by Jezza on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:41 pm

What do your friends advise you to do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: