Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore or less?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He really just needs to beef up a bit. Presently, he's very much got the physique of a gangly teenager. I reckon when he's added 10 ks of muscle he'll be a beast.
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He really just needs to beef up a bit. Presently, he's very much got the physique of a gangly teenager. I reckon when he's added 10 ks of muscle he'll be a beast.

Haha yes he does look very gangly, doesn't he! His physique reminds me a bit of Thanasi Kokkinakis.... I'm sure he'll be ale to compete much more effectively when he puts some muscle on, he's already got the drive and intensity.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't see why a KPF at VFL level can't kick 5 goals, Abbott did it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm sure VFL watches will be able to real off others who've done it over the last couple of years.

Last edited by jackcass on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:18 pm

bkelly123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Haha yes he does look very gangly, doesn't he! His physique reminds me a bit of Thanasi Kokkinakis.... I'm sure he'll be ale to compete much more effectively when he puts some muscle on, he's already got the drive and intensity.

His Body and Tank is the Only thing that is Holding Moore back really at the Moment

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
bkelly123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

His Body and Tank is the Only thing that is Holding Moore back really at the Moment

Those are the only things holding me back as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

He does but that will only come in time.

Still 93kg on a 199cm frame is surprisingly heavier than most would think.

In comparison Reid was around the 195cm 83kg mark when drafted.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:47 pm

He's a good size but needs to learn how to use his body to advantage.
That's only going to happen as he gains experience.
Not so sure of the wisdom playing 2 rookies against Hawthorne when Reid, Grundy and Greenwood were available and have been playing well in the VFL but Buck's seems to know what he's doing and that's good enough for me.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:53 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Not so sure of the wisdom playing 2 rookies against Hawthorne when Reid, Grundy and Greenwood were available and have been playing well in the VFL but Buck's seems to know what he's doing and that's good enough for me.

Reid had not even been able to complete a full VFL game, Greenwood had ankle soreness keeping him out of the VFL and Grundy was recovering from whiplash. Under the circumstances, we picked the best available team.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:54 pm

3.14159 wrote:

Grundy was available but we took the cautious approach after his neck injury and eased him back in at the lower tempo of VFL.

Reid and Greenwood didn't play VFL because of injury/soreness.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Playing White as a utility would be the only way you'd think we could fit all 5 big men in the side as forward and/or ruck options.

Perhaps we could trial him as a poor mans Roughead in at the centre bounces?

Not White. Absolutely not White for that role. If you are going to play a genuine ruck-rover (which is what we are talking about here, let's call it by its name), there are only two big men with the requisite abilities: Grundy and Cloke. Obviously Cloke won't be used that way - well, not unless we have two of him with the other playing forward. Grundy, however, has no established useful role when he isn't rucking, and that's quite a portion of every game so long as we are fielding Witts as well. Grundy (like Witts) has often been sent forward when not on the ball, but neither one has established himself as a genuine scoreboard danger yet. Grundy's ball sense in traffic and physicality make him a natural if we want a true ruck-rover. (Cloke has the same qualities - if you haven't realised this yet, look at the heavy work he does inside the packs which develop on the forward line if they ball is held in for any length of time - but has other duties.)

White, on the other hand, isn't physical in the packs and lacks eye-ball-hand coordination. As a ruck-rover, he'd be close to the worst possible choice in our 22. White's strength is his mobility and ability to burn off backmen with his pace around the forward half. He is an athlete first and a footballer a long way second.

Moore? Early days yet. I don't mind seeing him go back to the twos for a while to earn his stripes. He'll only improve. If there is a vacant spot - let's say because White is injured or one of the ruckmen out - sure, Moore is next in line. Until then, much as White frustrates the hell out of all of us, he's returning a steady two goals per game, which is what he's there for. Time enough to reconsider if and when Moore starts booting six in the twos every couple of weeks, or when one of the other talls goes down.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
You can’t Expect many 5+ Goals games from him even in the VFL

I agree. They will happen but they will be few and far between - probably no more often than (at absolute max) one a week.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:17 pm

3.14159 wrote:

Reid and Greenwood where not Available but Grundy might of played

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Tannin wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
You can’t Expect many 5+ Goals games from him even in the VFL

I agree. They will happen but they will be few and far between - probably no more often than (at absolute max) one a week.

They are lot Rarer then they use to be

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:25 pm

I used to pay out of Malthouse for giving a player 1 game in the AFL side then 12 weeks out then half a game in then 10 weeks out (my maths doesn't add up, I know).

I tend to figure give a player two or three weeks. It's going to take some time to find your feet, especially considering the step up from VFL to AFL.

However, it all comes down to matchups. It would have been madness to keep Moore on with what's his face being subbed.

I never really wanted to get rid of Ceglar either. But I'm glad to see him getting regular games now. If Hawthorn are to win the flag, I hope he is apart of it.

As much as White shits me, I think he's currently quite important to the side. His size and rucking ability is important. Regardless of what people say, I think he stays in the side. He may not be the future of our side, based on age, but when you are a developing side, you need player who have a bit of experience.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Despite two poor kicks from White, he has been quite solid the last month, he has provided a contest and hit the scoreboard which is all we can ask.

Moore offers a point of difference and i think we give him 3-4 weeks to see what dividends that pays, which then allows us to make a decision on what set up we take into finals (assuming we're a player).

Im still not sold on the Witts/Grundy combination. I like both individually, but we can look slow with the pair and I'm yet to see us dominate a ruck dual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: