Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
^ Sorry mate. Smile

Just by the by, how many wins do you reckon Mighty Mick could conjure if he did coach both Norf and Essendon at the same time? Smile

Two.

One if they only played each other once.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Sorry mate. Smile

Just by the by, how many wins do you reckon Mighty Mick could conjure if he did coach both Norf and Essendon at the same time? Smile

It's hard to say. But Brad Scott has been coaching North and Geelong at the same time, so it's doable. Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:20 am

Can't see why we would bring in Scharenberg and change our defence. I thought our defence was excellent against Hawthorn: desperate and tough. I know some have questioned Toovey, but I would not like to see him out of the team and Scharenberg brought in. We would desperately lack experience in the back half.
Rioli getting off the leash cannot be attributed solely to Toovey... we play a team defence.
Is there a reason to prefer Scharenberg over Maynard? Or Marsh over Maynard? Not sure why this would be the case.
I sincerely hope that Travis Varcoe is not suspended. Clearly does not warrant it...Rioli obviously ran forward with his head down, meaning that Varcoe would inevitably make contact high unless he just let Rioli through. No win situation for Varcoe, and clearly non-intentional impact. In my mind, should be Rioli who is scrutinised.
If Varcoe is suspended, then we need pace, either Sinclair or Kennedy. Did Sinclair play VFL? I cannot find any mention of him.
I would definitely bring in Grundy, and I think as a result Moore would have to go.
Other than that, I can see no other necessary changes (unless Varcoe is out).
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 am

Just thought about it again. If the Selection Panel considers that Sinclair is right to go and in good form, then perhaps Sinclair should replace Maynard to match up with Port's snappy, small forwards better. I want Grundy in the side
so can see no alternative than dropping Moore for him. If Varcoe is suspended, Kennedy to play.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:01 am

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
Moore should not have got a game in front of Grundy, selection committee cost us the game!

In Greenwood, Grundy, Schanerberg

Out Moore, Maynard, Broomhead ( too soft )

BullShit Evil or Very Mad Cloke and White Missing Set Shots. Cost us the Game

that's bullshit dave. stop trying to pin it on those two.

Cloke Kicked 1 goal Bloody 5. He Kicks Straighter we win and White not Shanking them in the Last.

We win by 5 Bloody Goals.

Then don’t Blame a Kid in his Debut for Losing the Bloody Game

Actually impossible to say what the outcome would have been if any of the points kicked had been goals. Sets up a completely different paradigm. Ball goes back to the centre rather than being trapped in our F50. Cloke's and White's misses no more or less significant than any of the others.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:05 am

Only one player deserves, almost needs, to be dropped after the Hawthorn game and that's Maynard. Unfortunate on the kid after only his first game but he directly cost us at least 3 goals with some pretty poor mistakes. I feel he had more impact on the loss than anyone. Moore didn't get a lot of it but competed very well, far better than we've seen from Gault or White, though he might miss with Grundy ready to return.

in: Grundy, Scharenberg/Sinclair/Goldsack/Seedsman (we really do have a lot of half back flankers Very Happy)
out, Moore, Maynard

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:02 am

Ev5Magpies wrote:
Grundy for Moore & Scharenburg for Maynard are the only two changes for me. Maynard to stay if Varcoe misses one.

I generally agree with this.

I'm definitely in favour of dropping Moore for Grundy. Nothing against Darcy as I thought he was okay on Friday night but he was never ready for senior football but I think playing against the Hawks will do his experience a world of good. He would have learnt a lot that night but Grundy's strong form in the VFL and his general presence makes this change a no-brainer. If Darcy keeps playing up forward in the VFL in the next few weeks and produces good performances it might be worth bringing him back against Melbourne or Carlton in a few weeks time.

I thought Maynard was better than Moore on Friday night and I would be hesitant to drop him but Scharenberg is finally starting to emerge and playing in his home state may be the perfect place to make his debut. I think he'll slot into the side without any issues because he's such a composed footballer as he is but I would be happy to retain Maynard if Bucks decides to keep him in the side.

It would be surprising if Varcoe was suspended in my opinion but if he is dropped then either bring in Kennedy or retain Maynard.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:38 am

Jezza wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:
Grundy for Moore & Scharenburg for Maynard are the only two changes for me. Maynard to stay if Varcoe misses one.

I'm definitely in favour of dropping Moore for Grundy. Nothing against Darcy as I thought he was okay on Friday night but he was never ready for senior football but I think playing against the Hawks will do his experience a world of good. He would have learnt a lot that night but Grundy's strong form in the VFL and his general presence makes this change a no-brainer. If Darcy keeps playing up forward in the VFL in the next few weeks and produces good performances it might be worth bringing him back against Melbourne or Carlton in a few weeks time.

I thought Maynard was better than Moore on Friday night and I would be hesitant to drop him but Scharenberg is finally starting to emerge and playing in his home state may be the perfect place to make his debut. I think he'll slot into the side without any issues because he's such a composed footballer as he is but I would be happy to retain Maynard if Bucks decides to keep him in the side.

It would be surprising if Varcoe was suspended in my opinion but if he is dropped then either bring in Kennedy or retain Maynard.
Can't argue with that Jezza.
I'm wondering though can Shaz play another position other than hbf ?
He played a few different positions in the 18's including some time up on a wing.
I remember Leigh Matthews stating pre draft he could develop into a genuine mid with his skills.
I'm all for playing the kids give them a taste and then after a game or 2 send them back to practise what they learned.
I thought Moore showed he has the courage and desire to play seniors just lacks the body and nous at this time. Maynard looked like a deer in the head lights at times. Panicked a bit leading to poor disposals. But he showed when given time he has the skills.
Both would be unlucky to miss.
Grundy's form (from all reports) demands selection. Does he come in for Witts or Moore is the question.
If Varcoe misses (and I've seen worse this year go unpunished but they weren't pies players so he could face anything from 1 week to life) then Maynard might stay in or bring up a fast player.
Ports leg speed isn't as quick as everyone thinks. This year they have been exposed running one way only. Wines is a key and I would put Crisp on Gray.
Crisp for mine has been in our top 5 the past few weeks so keep his development going putting him on there best mid.
It's good we are actually having selection debates because ifs players in form pushing for places other than who's left standing not injured like last year.
I hope we rested Greenwood because of the turn around time. Love to see another hard nut playing inside give Pendles some more protection as well as space.
DeGoey I thought played well the other night showed he is a player of the future. Some of his vision reminds me of our skipper.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:39 am

Jezza wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:

Can't argue with that Jezza.
I'm wondering though can Shaz play another position other than hbf ?
He played a few different positions in the 18's including some time up on a wing.
I remember Leigh Matthews stating pre draft he could develop into a genuine mid with his skills.
I'm all for playing the kids give them a taste and then after a game or 2 send them back to practise what they learned.
I thought Moore showed he has the courage and desire to play seniors just lacks the body and nous at this time. Maynard looked like a deer in the head lights at times. Panicked a bit leading to poor disposals. But he showed when given time he has the skills.
Both would be unlucky to miss.
Grundy's form (from all reports) demands selection. Does he come in for Witts or Moore is the question.
If Varcoe misses (and I've seen worse this year go unpunished but they weren't pies players so he could face anything from 1 week to life) then Maynard might stay in or bring up a fast player.
Ports leg speed isn't as quick as everyone thinks. This year they have been exposed running one way only. Wines is a key and I would put Crisp on Gray.
Crisp for mine has been in our top 5 the past few weeks so keep his development going putting him on there best mid.
It's good we are actually having selection debates because ifs players in form pushing for places other than who's left standing not injured like last year.
I hope we rested Greenwood because of the turn around time. Love to see another hard nut playing inside give Pendles some more protection as well as space.
DeGoey I thought played well the other night showed he is a player of the future. Some of his vision reminds me of our skipper.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Only one player deserves, almost needs, to be dropped after the Hawthorn game and that's Maynard. Unfortunate on the kid after only his first game but he directly cost us at least 3 goals with some pretty poor mistakes. I feel he had more impact on the loss than anyone. Moore didn't get a lot of it but competed very well, far better than we've seen from Gault or White, though he might miss with Grundy ready to return.

in: Grundy, Scharenberg/Sinclair/Goldsack/Seedsman (we really do have a lot of half back flankers Very Happy)
out, Moore, Maynard

Yes, agree. Frankly, I think we lost that Hawthorn game at teh selection table. The Hawks are just not the side against which you blood two rookies. We did, amd both played way below the impact that you need to beat the fashion-challenged monsters. Maynard may make it, and I'm sure he'll get another chance, but this week is a clutch game, now, and we need our most composed and experienced outfit for it.

In:Grundy and Seedsman or sinclair (probably the former as the latter needs a bit more time and confidence in the hammy). I'm assuming Goldy won't be right.
Out : Moore, Maynard.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:58 am

After 2 mighty weeks without winning I am worried of a let down (if a let down is possible after losing 2 in a row).

Even if we play at 80% intensity of what we have shown in the past 2 games it should be enough to win.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:38 am

IN: Grundy
OUT: Moore

Be nice to see Moore get a few games but Grundy needs to come back into the side and he's the logical out to accommodate that.

Goldsack is the only player who didn't get a run at either level on the weekend who appears likely to come straight in but more likely he won't be available. Maynard would be vulnerable if Goldsack was available but with Sinclair and Scharenberg not quite ready he may well hold his spot. Marsh might be considered as a replacement.

Kennedy also in the frame given his performance on the weekend but who goes out to accommodate that?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:59 am

Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

out, Moore, Maynard

Yes, agree. Frankly, I think we lost that Hawthorn game at teh selection table. The Hawks are just not the side against which you blood two rookies. We did, amd both played way below the impact that you need to beat the fashion-challenged monsters. Maynard may make it, and I'm sure he'll get another chance, but this week is a clutch game, now, and we need our most composed and experienced outfit for it.

In:Grundy and Seedsman or sinclair (probably the former as the latter needs a bit more time and confidence in the hammy). I'm assuming Goldy won't be right.
Out : Moore, Maynard.

who would you have played instead? we didn't lose it at the selection table. a 10 point loss does not suggest that. we lost it in the third quarter.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
After 2 mighty weeks without winning I am worried of a let down (if a let down is possible after losing 2 in a row).

Even if we play at 80% intensity of what we have shown in the past 2 games it should be enough to win.

I think we will be desperate to smack em , lets hope so!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

I think we will be desperate to smack em , lets hope so!

I'd be worried if we didn't go into every game with 100% intensity. However the Power will take a lot of beating over there. Shoulkd be another close one fully capable of going either way.
If we have actually learnt from our last two defeats, we might come out on top.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16   

Jump to: