Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies pipped again . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
LOL at those who thought we were a chance tonight.
Bent over & let them have their way with us again!

Same old, same old!

you must have watched a very different game to the rest of us or don't fully understand what happened.

nine points ain't nine inches! No way we bent over!

Poor kickings, and yes, shit decisions, but so many positives, so much intent. The skills wobbled a bit, but yeah, it's all coming together.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:27 am

We are playing the games right out. I hope we can keep this up because it will mean we will beat most of our opposition in the next nine games.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:36 am

Last night I was bloody annoyed we lost as we had our chances. This morning I reflect and at the start of the year I had these two games as losses and big losses. I was worried our young team would drop their intensity this week and they didn't.

Bring on Port, we fear no one.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:36 am

Just had another look at the game - really pleased with the effort of all players. Tooves got beaten and I would think has something else going on. I reckon we missed a Goldsack type of player in the back half late in the game.

I know the discussion has been about how we lost because our young players were beaten but I don't think that's right.

In simple terms we lost because senior players (Cloke, White and Fasolo) missed goals they should have kicked.

These players could take a leaf out of Varcoe's book. Here is a guy who was considered 'soft' who is doing the really hard things week in week out - he has taken on his role as a leader seriously.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

perthmagpie wrote:
We are playing the games right out. I hope we can keep this up because it will mean we will beat most of our opposition in the next nine games.

That's the key. If we can keep up the intensity, effort and pressure we won't lose many more games this season (and onwards). If we drop off things are so close we could miss the 8. I have very few realistic scenarios where 12 wins is enough ... I think it could be 13 wins and percentage or 14 wins to make the 8 this season.

The way we are playing none of the favourites would be taking us lightly in finals.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:39 am

Bucks was reluctant to publicly blame those players for kicking points because up until last night we were the most accurate team in the AFL for 2015. I'm hoping it was an aberration. 31 scoring shots is something we haven't been able to do against these mugs.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am

I wonder what the pressure ratings for Pies and Hawks were last night. Buckley disclosed the ratings for the Freo game on AFL360 ... I'm hoping he'll do the same again. I would expect that the Pies rating would be right up there again.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 am

What were the time in F50 stats last night? It seemed that we had it our end a fair bit. The Hawks have been very good at locking the ball in their forward line this year. It was great to see the shoe on the other foot last night even though we didn't take our opportunities.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:56 am

Johnno75 wrote:
What were the time in F50 stats last night? It seemed that we had it our end a fair bit. The Hawks have been very good at locking the ball in their forward line this year. It was great to see the shoe on the other foot last night even though we didn't take our opportunities.

46 to us, 50 to them.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:01 am

stats from the game.

statscollvhaw.JPG

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am

John Wren wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

46 to us, 50 to them.

I think he was after the time % rather than entries.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:07 am

think better wrote:
Just had another look at the game - really pleased with the effort of all players. Tooves got beaten and I would think has something else going on. I reckon we missed a Goldsack type of player in the back half late in the game.

I know the discussion has been about how we lost because our young players were beaten but I don't think that's right.

In simple terms we lost because senior players (Cloke, White and Fasolo) missed goals they should have kicked.

These players could take a leaf out of Varcoe's book. Here is a guy who was considered 'soft' who is doing the really hard things week in week out - he has taken on his role as a leader seriously.

Yeah we really need a little something down back, a roaming Maxie would have been good, to often caught with the Hawks on the fly, and nobody home

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:09 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

46 to us, 50 to them.

I think he was after the time % rather than entries.

yeah, misread that. here's some more stats. still doesn't answer the question. Wink

statscollvhaw[1]m.JPG

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am

Conversion killed us… just lacked a little poise and polish to win it. Some of it was due to young kids on a big stage but also a lack of confidence and belief!

The Pies are building a top tier team. The ball movement is great - they link up and support each other and are not overly predictable. The switch, can play short or go long - they play wide or thru the centre. Last night with Goldsack out others had to kick-in and Landgon and Varcoe did a good job with the Hawks unable to keep the ball in their fwd line which they like to do most weeks. Our mids seem to get better as the game progressed.

Playing two newbies was always going to be tough against the Hawks but that will be great experience for both of them and will pay off in the longer term. We were not physically mauled by them nor run off our feet - it was just a little bit of class that made the difference and that is something we might even be able to address this year - but certainly by next year as they begin to BELIEVE!

Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am

Before the season started, most people were saying we'd struggle to make the eight. Now they're complaining because we haven't locked up a top four position. Yes, there are areas that could use some improvement, but, bloody hell, this side is traveling okay. Two first gamers played last night, in what was a close-run loss to the reigning premiers. Impressive.

I see constant improvement, with a huge upside to the team. I am loving their efforts and expect to see better things over the next three years.

Mr. Buckley, take a bow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17   

Jump to: