Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 12 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbott came off after the game with his left wrist in a makeshift sling. Doubt we'll be seeing him for a while...
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Kosh wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Has anyone danced on a dollar or tripped the light fantastic yet?

Anyone?

Missing this one completely.

Anyone do anything flashy.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Back in a warm car after another great win. Big Show walking off in a bit of discomfort. Arm or wrist. Doesn't look too bad. Big Cox was big today. Grundy huge till he went off. Tone looks sore too. Maybe a rolled ankle.

May I just say Bruce you are a wimp! I've got the 3 hour drive home now and you're on the banana lounge in front of the heater. Need some leg warmers too?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:01 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Back in a warm car after another great win. Big Show walking off in a bit of discomfort. Arm or wrist. Doesn't look too bad. Big Cox was big today. Grundy huge till he went off. Tone looks sore too. Maybe a rolled ankle.

May I just say Bruce you are a wimp! I've got the 3 hour drive home now and you're on the banana lounge in front of the heater. Need some leg warmers too?

I had to turn the heater way down as I was as warm as toast. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:12 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Abbott came off after the game with his left wrist in a makeshift sling. Doubt we'll be seeing him for a while...

Must have been a bad hamstring injury to need that. Shocked
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Must have been a bad hamstring injury to need that. Shocked

Come again...? Confused

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:19 pm

So who were our best players and who are likely to come under consideration for Thursday's game against Port?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:32 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

He came off earlier in the quarter with the same injury but came back on after 6 or 7 minutes.
Must be either a wrist or a shoulder, my bet is a shoulder because he came back on, But maybe a wrist.
Strange that the main injury occurred off the ball with a one on one 40m from the ball.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 pm

First of all I want to talk about Cox!
I like this fellow, the improvement since game 1 has been fantastic.
He can lead, he can ruck, he can take a big mark he can kick, but most of all he can now throw his body around and he bumped numerous opponents. He was also in and under a few times in the the contest. Not once did an opponent mark the ball when Cox was near. Every time the ball came to ground and occasionally he would mark.
Sometimes he lets a Pie player get the ball when clearly he,was in a better position.
On today's game Cox is superior to Gault in every aspect.
When Gault was in the ruck at the start of the last quarter Sandy got a run on.
In the last 10 minutes Cox had a leg injury but he worked manfully to play the game out.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 pm

DP
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Kosh wrote:
Off home now. Will post up my thoughts later. I think my arse cheeks have frozen together

Left at 3Q time myself for the same reason. Just freezing out there today.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I was also impressed by Marsh and the Berg, both were good and look to be a cut above the VFL.
The Berg never panicked and had plenty of time to give the ball off. I can see why he went for such a high draft pick.
Marsh except for his kicking was also cool under pressure.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

thompsoc wrote:
First of all I want to talk about Cox!
I like this fellow, the improvement since game 1 has been fantastic.
He can lead, he can ruck, he can take a big mark he can kick, but most of all he can now throw his body around and he bumped numerous opponents. He was also in and under a few times in the the contest. Not once did an opponent mark the ball when Cox was near. Every time the ball came to ground and occasionally he would mark.
Sometimes he lets a Pie player get the ball when clearly he,was in a better position.
On today's game Cox is superior to Gault in every aspect.
When Gault was in the ruck at the start of the last quarter Sandy got a run on.
In the last 10 minutes Cox had a leg injury but he worked manfully to play the game out.

Don't always see eye to eye with you Thompsoc, but agree with this assessment. I was pleasantly surprised by Cox' turn of pace and willingness to get physical with opponents. He may not make it but it won't be from lack of application.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Just got home from the feezer that was Vic Park today, will attempt a review below. Stood with Dave and our VFL group near the bench, watched the end of the Giants/Tigers game on a phone, saw Scharenberg and Marsh hold us together down back, good day.

Anyway;

2; Dwyer; In the bests again, as he always is at this level. Some of his second efforts were inspiring today.
4; Grundy; Was close to best on ground for the first three quarters for sure, really strong in the ruck, took some big marks around the ground and used it well. Rested in the final term, presumably for the trip to Adelaide.
7 Kennedy; If he wasn't best on ground he'd be damn close to it. Brilliant in patches, including the start of the third term when no one would help him. Came off in the first 30 second with Brodie in a double blood rule, they laughed about it when coming back on.
12; Scharenberg; Once again better then last week, I'm calling it, he's ready for senior footy, If Maynard was ready, so is Matty now. He set up the winning goal by winning a contest on the wing and using it well.
14; Young; Ok I guess, used it well most of the time, had a shocker in the third but it rolled out of bounds so didn't hurt us.
17; Marsh; Played on McCartin and blanketed him for three quarters. Brilliant defensively but his kicking isn't good, we know that. In the bests again
19; Greenwood; DIDN'T PLAY, general soreness, more like leg soreness given as the excuse.
27; Amrstrong; Did ok at times, but didn't have a massive impact on the game
28; Sinclair; Too good for this level but isn't anywhere near ready to go, Only played 3/4 of the game time, although did come back on late in the last quarter to help save us.
33; Karnezis; Thought he was good today, kicked the match sealing goal, tackled pretty well, played well I thought.
38; Goodyear; Got him confused with Jake Williams a lot because they look so similar, but he had an impact at times, I think.
39; Manteit; A quieter game for him but he shows plenty of potential.
40; Seedsman; Was he being saved for Thursday? Spent more time on the bench then on the ground in the second half after being in our best 3-4 players in the first half.
41; Abbott; The Big Show was back, the goal to start the final term and the celebration was rather nice. Hurt his shoulder twice in the final quarter, hope he's ok.
44; Gault; Played up forward and in the ruck, did ok, without being a standout at any point.
46; Cox; Presented well up forward but just couldn't hold a mark. One real highlight was a beautiful kick to Patty 30 out on the chest. he is improving every time he plays.

Of the VFL listed players Williams, Moloney, Pendlebury amd Gray stood out, although Gray missed too many shots that could have sealed it.

Story of the day..... Grundy will play vs Port, Seedsman maybe, Levi out was a disappointment, Marsh and Shazz great down back.

Another good VFL win, against another top 4 team.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Kosh wrote:
Off home now. Will post up my thoughts later. I think my arse cheeks have frozen together

Some at the game disappointed with that news.

Shocked Confused ehmmmmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17   

Jump to: