Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The coveted yellow muppet award

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute disgrace. This is just the last 5 mins.

8.26 - Gray (arms up) tackled - incorrect disposal.
6.48 - Moore - incorrect disposal, we are even
Yet in the same play - Hartlett can kick off the ground straight for the boundry and it's a throw in.
6.30 - de Goey jumped all over in a marking contest that he actually marked! No free.
4.48 - Grundy taken down around the neck from boundary throw-in by Ryder - play on.
1.43 - High ball into fwd 50 by toovey, Oxley taken high - play on.

Yeah, yeah - you'll argue that the first quarter put us out of the game but the umps did everything possible to make sure Port got over the line.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 am

Stinger wrote:

Yet in the same play - Hartlett can kick off the ground straight for the boundry and it's a throw in.
6.30 - de Goey jumped all over in a marking contest that he actually marked! No free.
4.48 - Grundy taken down around the neck from boundary throw-in by Ryder - play on.

Yeah, yeah - you'll argue that the first quarter put us out of the game but the umps did everything possible to make sure Port got over the line.

Well noted Stinger; i'll be downloading each quarter and monitoring cheat-count by those three maggots, just in case I'm a deluded paranoid...

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:47 pm

piedys wrote:
Stinger wrote:

Well noted Stinger; i'll be downloading each quarter and monitoring cheat-count by those three maggots, just in case I'm a deluded paranoid...

Because I'm too lazy, can you do me a favour and get the odds for the match too? I'd be interested in head-to-head, line and quarterly. Convinced that this has a lot to do with the umpiring we see and I've been suspicious of one umpire, who may or may not have been mentioned in this thread, for years
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:55 am

As much as I like the Yellow Muppet idea, I'd like to propose a different award: The Nick's Muppet - awarded after each Collingwood loss, to the single most ignorant goose poster. There are a few usual suspects who would dominate this award and we all know who they are. Nominations open.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:14 am

Geek wrote:
piedys wrote:
Stinger wrote:

Because I'm too lazy, can you do me a favour and get the odds for the match too? I'd be interested in head-to-head, line and quarterly. Convinced that this has a lot to do with the umpiring we see and I've been suspicious of one umpire, who may or may not have been mentioned in this thread, for years

fairly sure it was something like this:

head to end: port $1.95 to coll $2.05
line: +/-3.5

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:39 pm
Post subject: Re: The coveted yellow muppet awardReply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
It's only play on when the umpire calls it, not when the player on the mark thinks it. 50m penalty every day of the week.

No it isn't. It's the umpire calling it wrong. Play on is play on every day of the week. The umpire not calling it doesn't make it right. That's the point of the argument FFS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k34-lVAWl1U

Did the ball hit the post? Yeah it did.
The umpire calling that it didn't doesn't make it right.

This is not an argument of what history will tell us.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am

Just torturing myself by watching the replay of the Pirt game. Second qtr 7 minutes to go Witts in the goal square - jumper grabbed play on. 2 minutes later Witts clear mark; but no free kick for illegally disposinv of the defender. F... This is a corrupt system. Meanwhile Mitchell gets his 400th slap on the wrist for deliberately in an unprovoked manned kneeing someone whereas Adams who is now massively important for us gets 2 weeks because he reacts after being dragged down. I am so over this - lets start our own breakaway league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: