Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

White.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay but Struggle to keep his Spot in the Future when Moore Develops it more
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:16 pm
Post subject: Re: White.Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Not a roast thread, but I'm wandering why we don't try him as a key defender, we all know he will never be a consistent forward, he has the tools to be a key back, I say drop him to the 2s for 6 weeks and play him back, it worked for Taz.

Why not so we can move Reid to the forward line. White can be a tall defender - he can get the ball and spoil (because he ca rarely mark it) and can rotate through the ruck

matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Ideally he is Leigh Brown-

ie the 3rd forward!

He is no world beater- yet his effort at the contest over the past month cannot be faulted.

In a perfect world- Reid would be fit or Moore/Gault would come in and allow Jesse to take a 3rd defender.

Missed goal was a formality- yet, far from cost us the game.

Clearly he is the #1 whipping boy of Nick's posters
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:21 pm

He's played some decent football of late and he can't be dropped until Grundy is right to resume and Reid or Moore are ready to go so he'll keep getting played as he should.

And no Gault isn't the answer at present.

The biggest question mark over White is his ability to perform against the best sides.

Has kicked 2.1 against Adelaide, 2.2 Geelong and 2.3 Richmond which is serviceable but kicked none last night and only the 1 against North.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:40 pm

To add some perspective, does anybody really think Ty Vickory ( 1st round ) or Kurt Tippett ( Bondi billionaire ) are much better than White ??
If White was a first rounder or on well over half a million a year, then I might have some reason to whinge.
mosig 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 pm

Yup... until last night he was averaging almost 2 goals per game. I will take that from a dud.

As other posters have mentioned, through in another quality forward and he will become more dangerous.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:39 pm

matrix10 wrote:

ie the 3rd forward!

He is no world beater- yet his effort at the contest over the past month cannot be faulted.

In a perfect world- Reid would be fit or Moore/Gault would come in and allow Jesse to take a 3rd defender.

The only problem with that scenario is that there's no room left for Grundy. We cannot play Witts, Grundy, White, Cloke and Reid. The only way we can squeeze Grundy, Cloke and White in our forward line is if Reid plays in defence.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:40 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Defender wrote:
Not a roast thread, but I'm wandering why we don't try him as a key defender, we all know he will never be a consistent forward, he has the tools to be a key back, I say drop him to the 2s for 6 weeks and play him back, it worked for Taz.

He has now played 100 games for two different clubs, I would have thought if he had shown anything as a KPD, we would have had some history to draw on.
Chris Tarrant was a first round pick and White was pick 79 out of a non football state. We simply expect to much of an average footballer. So then we pick him up from Swans for pick 40 odd as an athletic KPP. You just don't pick up to many GOOD KPPs for a third round pick.
Hes been ok this year and when the club feel that he can replaced by Moore or Reid or whoever, then we can all move on and find another soft target.

He never arrived as the messiah, just a band aid solution until someone better steps up.

True he is not the messiah Leigh Brown was recruited as a stop gap KPP until Reid N Brown and Dawes got big enough and strong enough to play regular senior football. White stays in until Grundy recovers then Gault develops and Moore gets another two years into him and Reid can stay on the park. When that happens he stays in until they can force him out of the side.

Not that I am a fan of him and wish he had kicked that goal but he stays in similar to Blair others must develop and force them out.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:52 am

Whoops. Wrong thread.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Defender wrote:

He has now played 100 games for two different clubs, I would have thought if he had shown anything as a KPD, we would have had some history to draw on.
Chris Tarrant was a first round pick and White was pick 79 out of a non football state. We simply expect to much of an average footballer. So then we pick him up from Swans for pick 40 odd as an athletic KPP. You just don't pick up to many GOOD KPPs for a third round pick.
Hes been ok this year and when the club feel that he can replaced by Moore or Reid or whoever, then we can all move on and find another soft target.

He never arrived as the messiah, just a band aid solution until someone better steps up.

That's a great post. I guess having jolly arrive from Sydney and along with Ball, being that final key we needed to win a premiership the very next year, well, might have put some big expectations on White. I've never really understood the constant beat up of him, maybe that's it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Okay but Struggle to keep his Spot in the Future when Moore Develops it more

That's the whole idea of it, same as for Blair. Lucky for them they got premierships in their prime, unlike Tarks, presti and Fraser. Lot of luck in footy.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Two things:

1. As I've said countless times "put White on the Wing". Especially if Reid and Grundy are in the side. Sometimes you have to free up a player with great athletic prowess, fitness and speed. He lost 7 kgs over summer so endurance shouldn't be an issue.

2. Jesse: when you kick for goal take more than 3 steps otherwise your balance won't be there. Only Daicos could get away with that!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:43 pm

matrix10 wrote:

ie the 3rd forward!

Not sure he's usurped Blair yet but still has time.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 pm

I started this thread hoping Reid would come back all guns blazing, doesn't look likely now, but then again it probably never did.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Moore Performance hopefully lights a Fire under Him showing there is a Young Gun in the VFL Aiming for his Postion in the AFL Side
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: