Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's natural to feel disappointed. I'm gutted when we lose no matter how we play. Just felt we deserved the points tonight.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 am

HAL wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.
""? ?

Don't you swear at me!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:39 am

OK Let's talk about you.
swoop 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:42 am

A few thoughts.

Very proud of the boys effort.

Slippery conditions didn't help the KPF.

Pressure from both teams was intense.
I loved every minute....

Walters was the difference tonight.

I think Goldsack had a stinker tonight and his days seem numbered.

I noticed Marsh post game in an animated conversation with Toovey,
good to see the guy so immersed in the team tactics.
He seems the logical replacement for Goldsack.

Oh and Hiss, try posting on a fan site of a team you actually barack for you troll.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 am

Next week INS Reid, Greenwood.

OUTS White, Seedsman or Blair ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 am

Great effort by the boys. I think I'm alone here - and perhaps delusional - a bit disappointed with Witts tonight. I was really hoping this might be a coming of age against the beast that is Sandilands. I missed a good portion of the game but from what I saw he got beaten pretty badly tonight. Constantly caught out of position. Shame... because had he done what he did to Mumford we might have won this well.

Look it's a 7 point loss. It's not like we kicked at goal horribly. Even if White kicks that last goal we're still short by a couple of points and with the way the Dockers were winning the centre clearances who could possibly say we could even get it in our forward 50. The out on the fulls were an absolute disaster.

A bit worried that Pendles might be injured..... and yet still collects 29 touches.

My biggest worry out of tonight isn't tonight at all.... it's playing those scum sucking pigs next week. Given our recent past against this mob I just can't see how we beat them. Another close loss won't exactly kill our season but it will hurt. God I'd love to destroy them... just hand them a surprise 10-12 goal loss....

Proud of the boys tonight. Go Pies. Side by side.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:56 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Great effort by the boys. I think I'm alone here - and perhaps delusional - a bit disappointed with Witts tonight. I was really hoping this might be a coming of age against the beast that is Sandilands. I missed a good portion of the game but from what I saw he got beaten pretty badly tonight. Constantly caught out of position. Shame... because had he done what he did to Mumford we might have won this well.

Look it's a 7 point loss. It's not like we kicked at goal horribly. Even if White kicks that last goal we're still short by a couple of points and with the way the Dockers were winning the centre clearances who could possibly say we could even get it in our forward 50. The out on the fulls were an absolute disaster.

A bit worried that Pendles might be injured..... and yet still collects 29 touches.

My biggest worry out of tonight isn't tonight at all.... it's playing those scum sucking pigs next week. Given our recent past against this mob I just can't see how we beat them. Another close loss won't exactly kill our season but it will hurt. God I'd love to destroy them... just hand them a surprise 10-12 goal loss....

Proud of the boys tonight. Go Pies. Side by side.

If you watch a replay of the whole game you'll see that Witts competed terrifically up until 3/4 time, when fatigue took its toll. In fact, I'd say he probably had the better of Sandilands in the first half.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Let's see how they go on Saturday before we start thinking about bring either of those guys in.

From the little I saw Seedsman definitely needs a wake up call. Not sure how the guy that dominated Anzac Day turns into the guy dropping a chest mark in the opposition goal square??

White... aside from his missed goal and out on the full... I didn't see what else he did wrong. I'm guessing it must have been massive because everyone is gunning for him. In the play I saw he was trying his guys out but not having much luck.

Go Pies.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Let's see how they go on Saturday before we start thinking about bring either of those guys in.

From the little I saw Seedsman definitely needs a wake up call. Not sure how the guy that dominated Anzac Day turns into the guy dropping a chest mark in the opposition goal square??

White... aside from his missed goal and out on the full... I didn't see what else he did wrong. I'm guessing it must have been massive because everyone is gunning for him. In the play I saw he was trying his guys out but not having much luck.

Go Pies.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:58 am

Jezza wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.

Yes very good comparison and also round 7 2006 against West Coast in Perth.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/041820060513.html

A ripping third qtr from the lads back then, Jez. Tonight's game gives me the feeling that we can "compete", instead of just fade and crumble. ANZAC Day 2002 win was the beginning of the team back then......it was monumental in my eyes. It set the team up, and we built on that.......and the rest is Collingwood history.........

We're on the right path.

Go the Pies!
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
[quote="Piesnchess"]Next week INS Reid, Greenwood.

OUTS White, Seedsman or Blair ??[/quote]

Go Pies.
What do you have that is white?
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
[quote="Jezza"][quote="Didaksgoal"]Reminds me of 2001 ANZAC Day this game. Great effort against a very good side, but just didn't get the points.[/quote]

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/041820060513.html[/quote]

A ripping third qtr from the lads back then, Jez. Tonight's game gives me the feeling that we can "compete", instead of just fade and crumble. ANZAC Day 2002 win was the beginning of the team back then......it was monumental in my eyes. It set the team up, and we built on that.......and the rest is Collingwood history.........

We're on the right path.

Go the Pies!
If I am ever looking for him or her the feeling that we can compete of fade and crumble, I will ask him
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 am

Well, loved the effort, it was what I expected, after round 1 2014.
Slaughtered by Goldsack shitting himself under the high ball approaching 1/2 time, gifting squib-heart a goal with what 10 seconds left on the clock?
And the other f*ck up approaching 3/4 time resulting in another junk time goal to squib-heart. Double costly FAIL.

Turning points: Swan's ineptitude by foot. Crisp goals in 3rd quarter, then Swan's pathetic centre clearance attempt under absolutely no pressure misses both leading targets by 10 metres. Chance to place scoreboard pressure wasted.
And that 50M against Fasolo, i'll have to watch that again to see why it occured, but a two goal turn around resulted.
Sidebottom showed why he will NEVER be an elite player, lost count of his fumbles and missed targets and the damage they did. It's a football, not a f*cking house-brick. Reserves bound IMO.

Piesnchess wrote:
Very proud of our young team, gave it their all, against a very experienced hardnut opponent, we gave it our all. In the end, i reckon the umps got the bastards home, that last decision, that gifted them a goal, was a farking disgrace, softest free seen this season, then the yellow maggots followed it up with more shockers, ruined a great game in the end. Dont ever tell me umps dont decide games, those hometown last qtr decisions cost us big. ! But still proud of the boys, tried their guts out. I also think we need Ben Reid back as soon as possible now too. Disappointed but heads up high.

Yep, this f*cken thing Stevic couldn't help himself again in the last quarter, along with Leo Sayer McInerney, and that lowlife c*nt #7.
Can't remember the last time our blokes were pile-driven into the ground and held from leading so frequently for no reward, but do it to Freo and the sluts can't blow their whistle fast enough. Try that shit against us at the MCG, and you'll soon f*cking know about it....

King Monkey wrote:
I had Fyfe best on. He killed us.
Geez he's good in close, amongst other attributes.

Umpiring went our way first half, can't complain. The Walters free was bu11sh1t in the last, but so was JFW's......... only difference is that Jesse F***ing White missed.

These pr1cks Fremantle go out of their way to create stoppages. Both ball-ups and boundary throw ins.
They get a lot of their goals with a foot race into an open 50 (not many tnite we played that aspect reasonably well), but they set it up with great touch in traffic drawing tacklers. You think you've got 'em but they've sucked you in. When tackled in congestion Mundy, Fyfe, etc, mange to keep their hands free and dish it off, it's hard to stop.
This makes pea-hearts like Walters, Hill, Pearce look good.

Polish was the difference.
A little bit more of it at certain moments tonight, and we win.
Disappointed not to win, but not shattered. Can't fault the effort.

Some very astute tactical observations there KM.
If Fyfe falls over prior to September, then so does Rossco's house of cards.
Anyhoo, what is done is done....

Dyso
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:08 am

HAL wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/041820060513.html

We're on the right path.

Go the Pies!
If I am ever looking for him or her the feeling that we can compete of fade and crumble, I will ask him

Ask her if she wants the blueberry, apple, or rhubarb crumble, HAL.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 am

Just got home. Caught the train, went to red Rooster and can you believe... they had run out of chicken?!?

Seriously, what a fckn fantastic effort, so proud of the boys! Well done, just a bit of luck our way and we pinch it! Great effort guys, couldn't ask for more.

Thanks!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: