Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suddenly Buckley can coach! You guys make me laugh!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post E. Won't stretch the page quoting all the quotes!

The good news for me is last years end of season promise to chase down the fitness problems looks to have been successful. (The doc who injects my knees was CFC doc in 2010, he told me they spoke to him).

I was one who at the end of last year was happy with the way some of the kids were still busting their chops even though the game was done and dusted.

Bucks has made some bloody brave hard calls in the last couple of years, and they look to be paying dividends now. I'm still not expecting to beat the top three teams, but I am expecting a bloody good fight, even if we loose by plenty.

Just have a look at Trav. He's a new man the last couple of weeks. And yes I was just jumping on the "I'm done with this Trav shit" train, when he turned it around. Mate if he can get that kind of confidence turn around, well the sky's the limit. Looking forward to seeing if Pendles has got over his ankle trouble.

I may not be expecting a win tonight, but I'm mighty excited to see what we dish up.

Coaching is not a one man job. But Bucks has now put the team together he wants. I think it's fair to say he ain't dumb!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:30 am

think positive wrote:
Great post E. Won't stretch the page quoting all the quotes!

The good news for me is last years end of season promise to chase down the fitness problems looks to have been successful. (The doc who injects my knees was CFC doc in 2010, he told me they spoke to him).

I was one who at the end of last year was happy with the way some of the kids were still busting their chops even though the game was done and dusted.

Bucks has made some bloody brave hard calls in the last couple of years, and they look to be paying dividends now. I'm still not expecting to beat the top three teams, but I am expecting a bloody good fight, even if we loose by plenty.

Just have a look at Trav. He's a new man the last couple of weeks. And yes I was just jumping on the "I'm done with this Trav shit" train, when he turned it around. Mate if he can get that kind of confidence turn around, well the sky's the limit. Looking forward to seeing if Pendles has got over his ankle trouble.

I may not be expecting a win tonight, but I'm mighty excited to see what we dish up.

Coaching is not a one man job. But Bucks has now put the team together he wants. I think it's fair to say he ain't dumb!

Yeah. Top post.

I think it's indisputable that Buckley is coaching great this season and that the hard calls he made the last couple of years are starting to pay off now.

I think we might just have to disagree on Buckley's performance as a coach the first couple of years. I thought he coached poorly. You may think his coaching has been on an even level all along.

Personally if I had been the president of the club and not Eddie, I would have sacked Buckley after two years and made a total goon of myself. I think Eddie is a genius for staying the course when things were going belly up the first couple of years of the changeover and wearing the criticism and not panicking like any normal person would have.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Don't go drinking each others cum just yet. We have some really tough games against some really good teams in the next month, so let's just wait before we declare Nathan the best coach in the world.

One thing MM did well was galvanise the team against the odds….hence our fantastic interstate record and ability to beat teams no one expected us to beat.

I want to see Buck's team pull off those against the odds wins, not just keep beating up the bottom 8 but falling over against the leagues best teams.

So far so good, but the real test will be how we compete against the leagues's best.

Don't recall anyone saying that. A good coach is what those of us who were supporting him even last year have been suggesting.

And the real test is how we play out the remainder of the season and how that does/doesn't provide impetus toward greater success in 2016. Results over the next 5 weeks aren't as important how the team continues to grow through the remainder of the season.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:53 pm

I will admit Bucks is a good coach when/if we win the flag...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:19 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

so right now we can say he is as good a coach as he was a player - i'll take that.....

Last edited by E on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:50 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

So only premiership coaches have been the good coaches??? Rolling Eyes

What about all those coaches who didnt have the right cattle to reach this end but still significantly improved a team?

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Let's see how he goes tonight. His match ups and moves are going to be crucial. Hopefully he can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat. If Pendlebury starts off going head to head with Fyfe that will be a good start.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:12 pm

anyone notice the fast handballs to keep possession when defending desperately until something opens up. Didn't look good last year, but looking better now. Makes us look really skilled watching them execute a possession game under extreme pressure from one of the best teams going around.

Ahh, is that what Buckley was implementing last season when we were flogging his game plan?

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 am

Lazza wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

What about all those coaches who didnt have the right cattle to reach this end but still significantly improved a team?

I want a Premiership not fkn excuses!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:07 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Lazza wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

I want a Premiership not fkn excuses!

I think this discussion on Buckley's coaching ability and whether it has improved has gone about as far as it can go. thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 am

[quote="jackcass"]
Krakouer Magic wrote:

1. So it's the gameplan and Buck's coaching that's the issue, not the fact that he's relying on a team of 50%+ kids (<50 games) who don't make the decisions or execute with the poise of hardened veterans. North missed easy goals... and that's our fault...

2. Our defense does very well given the relative inexperience. Show me 1 team that doesn't get burned on quick transisition.

3. Who is gloating? It appears that the majority of posters acknowledge that we aren't a premiership threat, if things go right we should hang on for a final 8 spot but equally could still miss. Your the 1 who has us a lock for the top 4.

4. Gee, Hine is now a coach... go figure! And that ridiculous training regime

now allows us to run out games where we couldn't in 2013 -14.

What I'm trying to say is that we watch some senior games, maybe a few VFL games, maybe even attend the odd training session, none of which gives us the insight you're claiming into the inner machinations of the club, the training regimes, and the progress of our players.

1. Our kick to handpass ratio was very good tonight. We didnt over possess with only 345 possesions. Only times we got bogged down in my view in the 4th was when we over used handball in the back half. I agree youth are at times inconsistent, but I still maintain, with our skill errors, that Bucks decided to go a bit more kick first and boundary more this year than 2014. I think that shows signs of a coach willing to question himself and adapt. Thats a good thing.

2. Defence killed us tonight one on one. Yes its immature, but it was in 2010 as well. I stand by my comments on hart. Mids defensive efforts werent great inside defensive 50 at stoppages either. Its been a problem since 2012 now. An area we can improve.

3. I still think our list is a top 6 side. You put Roos, lyon or anyone else in I
think its a top 6 side. Why is it Eddie and Pert have talked us up in pre season for the past two years. I dont think its just to get memberships. They are in the inner sactum. They have inside knowledge. They know the talent of the list. When the club is talking potential premierships (and don't you try and say they didnt) then its reasonable to think we have a top 6 list.

4. I stand by my comments on Hine. He clearly infered that the list was ready to go and that it was up to the coaches to maximise the talent. He never said anything like that when Malthouse was coach (not that I'm a malthouse sycophant). It just seemed to me he was annoyed at what went on in 2014.

I agree I dont know everything thats gone on at the club. I can only comment on what I see on the field. And the second hand info I get from people who know players at the club. I think my comments from the other night are pretty spot on though.

Bucks in 2012/13. Pretty good. Bucks in 2014 not so good. Bucks in 2015 is doing well and (like the players) improving. Its not like I'm saying he should be sacked. I'm just pointing out where things, in my opinion, need to improve

I'm not calling for him to be sacked or anything, but if none of us are able to
make observations simply cause he dont know the inner workings of the club then this place is gonna be pretty freaking boring.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 am

^^ Great post and well balanced.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am

[quote="Krakouer Magic"]
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

1. So it's the gameplan and Buck's coaching that's the issue, not the fact that he's relying on a team of 50%+ kids (<50 games) who don't make the decisions or execute with the poise of hardened veterans. North missed easy goals... and that's our fault...

2. Our defense does very well given the relative inexperience. Show me 1 team that doesn't get burned on quick transisition.

3. Who is gloating? It appears that the majority of posters acknowledge that we aren't a premiership threat, if things go right we should hang on for a final 8 spot but equally could still miss. Your the 1 who has us a lock for the top 4.

4. Gee, Hine is now a coach... go figure! And that ridiculous training regime now allows us to run out games where we couldn't in 2013 -14.

What I'm trying to say is that we watch some senior games, maybe a few VFL games, maybe even attend the odd training session, none of which gives us the insight you're claiming into the inner machinations of the club, the training regimes, and the progress of our players.

1. Our kick to handpass ratio was very good tonight. We didnt over possess with only 345 possesions. Only times we got bogged down in my view in the 4th was when we over used handball in the back half. I agree youth are at times inconsistent, but I still maintain, with our skill errors, that Bucks decided to go a bit more kick first and boundary more this year than 2014. I think that shows signs of a coach willing to question himself and adapt. Thats a good thing.

2. Defence killed us tonight one on one. Yes its immature, but it was in 2010 as well. I stand by my comments on hart. Mids defensive efforts werent great inside defensive 50 at stoppages either. Its been a problem since 2012 now. An area we can improve.

3. I still think our list is a top 6 side. You put Roos, lyon or anyone else in I
think its a top 6 side. Why is it Eddie and Pert have talked us up in pre season for the past two years. I dont think its just to get memberships. They are in the inner sactum. They have inside knowledge. They know the talent of the list. When the club is talking potential premierships (and don't you try and say they didnt) then its reasonable to think we have a top 6 list.

4. I stand by my comments on Hine. He clearly infered that the list was ready to go and that it was up to the coaches to maximise the talent. He never said anything like that when Malthouse was coach (not that I'm a malthouse sycophant). It just seemed to me he was annoyed at what went on in 2014.

I agree I dont know everything thats gone on at the club. I can only comment on what I see on the field. And the second hand info I get from people who know players at the club. I think my comments from the other night are pretty spot on though.

Bucks in 2012/13. Pretty good. Bucks in 2014 not so good. Bucks in 2015 is doing well and (like the players) improving. Its not like I'm saying he should be sacked. I'm just pointing out where things, in my opinion, need to improve

make observations simply cause he dont know the inner workings of the club then this place is gonna be pretty freaking boring.

this is where team defence is critical. we can't allow our guys to get isolated.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 pm

[quote="Krakouer Magic"]
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

4. Gee, Hine is now a coach... go figure! And that ridiculous training regime now allows us to run out games where we couldn't in 2013 -14.

Where to start...we'll go by the numbers...

1. over handballing in defense... wow. As opposed to a rush kick to a wall of spare Freo players... it's not as if the players had options in most of those instances and that was obvious even from the narrow focus of the TV coverage... you're expecting the players to execute options that aren't there or possible or practical. How about we just acknowledge the relentless pressure Freo brought to the contests in their F50.

2. defense killed us tonight... really. I'm assuming you're actually just slamming the 6 players playing in the defense with that observation. From my watching of the game only Walters got any level of freedom among their forwards. Defenses of both sides held sway most of the game. Now if you mean team defense faltered on occasion then I'd concur. Buckley acknowledged as much in his presser. But if as I assume based on your previous comments that they outscored us purely because our back 6 was ordinary then you are way off.

3. Roos or Lyon would have us top 6... Oh My God. So does Buckley and that's fact, not hypothetical. And your previous post specifically said we should be a lock for top 4 yet even these coaching Gods (I assume that's what you're implying) can't acheive that. Eddie & Pert pushing a positive prognosis.... OMG... that's a bit like MM saying he can't see Carlton losing a game... does not dictate where we should be and to assume that that automatically prescribes what our ladder position should rightfully be.... I repeat... OMG!

4. Hine saying the list is ready to go does not make us a premiership contender. In his role it doesn't actually mean any more than that he THINKS he's compiled a group of players that can build toward contending. And I think that's on the money, I'm very bullish about our list. But to assume that all these kids will automatically morph into premiership players is nothing shy of delusional. And (you garnered) he was annoyed in 2014. Wow! So was I. So were most supporters. But how does that in any way link to your suggestion that it was because his premiership quality list was being mismanaged?

As I previously highlighted, your previous posts were a major stretch at best, and a long way shy of spot on.

Thank God Bucks can keep his job.

More than happy for people to hold opinions that vary from my own, just like them to at least be based in rational thought.

PS: nice work swapping the quotes. Almost had me thinking you were making sense.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:24 am

[quote="jackcass"]
Krakouer Magic wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Where to start...we'll go by the numbers...

1. over handballing in defense... wow. As opposed to a rush kick to a wall of spare Freo players... it's not as if the players had options in most of those instances and that was obvious even from the narrow focus of the TV coverage... you're expecting the players to execute options that aren't there or possible or practical. How about we just acknowledge the relentless pressure Freo brought to the contests in their F50.

2. defense killed us tonight... really. I'm assuming you're actually just slamming the 6 players playing in the defense with that observation. From my watching of the game only Walters got any level of freedom among their forwards. Defenses of both sides held sway most of the game. Now if you mean team defense faltered on occasion then I'd concur. Buckley acknowledged as much in his presser. But if as I assume based on your previous comments that they outscored us purely because our back 6 was ordinary then you are way off.

3. Roos or Lyon would have us top 6... Oh My God. So does Buckley and that's fact, not hypothetical. And your previous post specifically said we should be a lock for top 4 yet even these coaching Gods (I assume that's what you're implying) can't acheive that. Eddie & Pert pushing a positive prognosis.... OMG... that's a bit like MM saying he can't see Carlton losing a game... does not dictate where we should be and to assume that that automatically prescribes what our ladder position should rightfully be.... I repeat... OMG!

4. Hine saying the list is ready to go does not make us a premiership contender. In his role it doesn't actually mean any more than that he THINKS he's compiled a group of players that can build toward contending. And I think that's on the money, I'm very bullish about our list. But to assume that all these kids will automatically morph into premiership players is nothing shy of delusional. And (you garnered) he was annoyed in 2014. Wow! So was I. So were most supporters. But how does that in any way link to your suggestion that it was because his premiership quality list was being mismanaged?

As I previously highlighted, your previous posts were a major stretch at best, and a long way shy of spot on.

Thank God Bucks can keep his job.

More than happy for people to hold opinions that vary from my own, just like them to at least be based in rational thought.

PS: nice work swapping the quotes. Almost had me thinking you were making sense.

Stand by everything I said last week. Way too much handpass, especially in defensive 50. Second qtr cost us. At least 3 goals with stupid play on and hand ball. We should have been 3 goals up at half time. But we over cooked the handpass.

Only time we kicked it to centre wing out of defence in 2nd was pendlebury. Ball went out. Allowed us to slow the game up. When it came back inside 50 we were ready to rebound and we kicked a goal.

Our defensive structures and coaching is flawed, just as out fwd line was under lappin. Around stoppages ins def 50 again we gave up easy goals. Gave up coast to coast goals from kick ins (thats whole of ground def though) Who Allowed maynard one out in goals square on bruest 1 min from siren in the 3rd without at least 1 loose man down back. At that stage we should have had 22 ins hawks forward 50. Its basic defensive errors. Same things have happened for 3 years now.

Are we improving? Yes. Do we have the talent to be top 6? Yep. Should we be top 4 right now with the draw we've had and the positions we've been in to beat freo and an undermanned HFC?? You bet you ass.

Our list is better than most ever thought. I always rated our list. Last year with out injuries we finish 7th or 8th. Therefore, the jump to top 6 or top 4 isnt that hard to believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: