Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suddenly Buckley can coach! You guys make me laugh!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post my thoughts after tomorrow nights game. Shocked Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
MOTR 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:46 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Sorry for double post...

Stop over possessing the post, Krakouer Magic, just kick it long.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:53 am

Oops. Too much data.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:57 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
I bagged bucks last year. And rightfully so. He went bonkers with handpass in pre season. Something Dermie highlighted on fox footy that he thought would be corrected in the season proper. It wasnt. Handpass is still our achilles heal.

I never said bucks couldnt coach. I said, after 2014 there were massive flaws in his gameplan (i.e. Too much hand pass) and our training regime was up sh!t creek (and had been since bucks took over in 2012).

1.North game. Over posessed like idiots in first half. Thats the Coaches gameplan. I've seen us over possession like idiots for at least 2 years now. Suddenly, in second half we kicked first.

The rain didnt come till the 4th qtr. its not that the pies adopted a wet weather game plan in the 3rd. They just adopted the gameplan of get it and kick it and pressure the hell outta the opposition. Plus north missed easy goals. To me, we have 2 distinct game plans. The 2010/11 type press or the flood back and try to sling shot swans style. Thankfully, we got Burns who is teaching them how to win the contested ball again and getting first use of it.

2. Our defense one on one is still pretty appauling. We give up some easy goals in transition. I dont rate Hart. But maybe transition goals are the fault of the middle field coach and players? I could be bonkers, and I hope hart proves me wrong, but I just dont rate our backline under his guidence. Nor when they are under one on one pressure. Would rather we invested in poaching back a max hughton type or even guy mckenna back.

3. There seems to be a tone of gloating just because we are 8-3. We haven't played or beaten anyone that is top 6 standard. We got belted by Geelong and lost to Richmond. Crows killed us too. Yet we belted GWS, but only after half their side went down to injury. Cloke got 4 goals playing on a HBF'er?? Trust me, I want to drink the cool aid, but when our game plan is under pressure we have wilted vs crows, geelong and richmond, even long periods in gws game.

4. Hine clearly said the list is ready to go and its time for the coaches to get maximum performance out of them. I thought last year, if not for the ridiculous training regime of 2013/14 ans injuries we make 8th or 7th.

This year I knew with what Hine had said, and what talent is on the list, that we were capable of being top 6 and get a home final. We are not really rebuilding this year. The rebuilding has happened since 2010 when fraser, o'bree, medhurst & lockyer left. We've been rebuilding for 4 seasons. If not for keefe and thomas (and the poor performance of the hawks) I'd almost have us as a lock for top 4 this year.

What i'm trying to say is I've always believed in the list. But some of the coaching, training and strategy has left me scratching my head for the past 2 years. I'm hoping we have now got the balance right for 2nd half of the year

1. So it's the gameplan and Buck's coaching that's the issue, not the fact that he's relying on a team of 50%+ kids (<50 games) who don't make the decisions or execute with the poise of hardened veterans. North missed easy goals... and that's our fault...

2. Our defense does very well given the relative inexperience. Show me 1 team that doesn't get burned on quick transisition.

3. Who is gloating? It appears that the majority of posters acknowledge that we aren't a premiership threat, if things go right we should hang on for a final 8 spot but equally could still miss. Your the 1 who has us a lock for the top 4.

4. Gee, Hine is now a coach... go figure! And that ridiculous training regime now allows us to run out games where we couldn't in 2013 -14.

What I'm trying to say is that we watch some senior games, maybe a few VFL games, maybe even attend the odd training session, none of which gives us the insight you're claiming into the inner machinations of the club, the training regimes, and the progress of our players.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:56 pm

From what I remember of Hine's comments overall about our list was that the recruiters have now done the vast bulk of their work and injected a raft of high end talent into the list. He said it is now up to the coaches to 'develop it'.

He did not say the list is ready to move into the top four or seriously challenge. The motive for his statement was to say the required level of talent was assembled. Development and games experience were then to come in time and that was therefore the coaches responsibility now.

Let's be realistic. This year on average our selected team averages 48 games per player. Freo average 110, Sydney 130 and Hawthorn 96. That will not change in the next year much as we have another 5 or so newbies who are going to slot in. Hine knows where we are at. It's his job to know exactly what to expect from the profile of the list at any given time.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Culprit wrote:
I will post my thoughts after tomorrow nights game. Shocked Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Might as well now, whether we win or lose tomorrow isn't going to prove much. I'd save my views until the end of the season and see where he takes his rebuilt list and then see if he can take it a step further next season.

Buckley can coach, anyone can coach, the proof for Buckley now is to prove he is a good coach and can take this team to a higher level than they are now.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Well, in my opinion Buckley is coaching much better this year and irrespective of how we go tomorrow night, we are still ahead of where we were at the same time last year.

Firstly the mess we got ourselves in last year was cleared up at the information night with the members at the end of the year. This has cleared the air with the supporters. Now we are all on the same page and know where the club is heading.

Secondly, Eade has left the club and Balme has taken his place. Balme is a settling influence on Buckley and now Buckley has the support he needs to coach for the future of the club rather than for the short term to shore up his position.

Thirdly, we recruited well last year by trading in Lumumba who was an unsettling influence on the club. We reluctantly traded Beams who wanted to return to Queensland, but secured one of the best teenagers in the draft in De Goey and as a bonus brought Crisp down to the club, who has been a revelation playing in the midfield.

So the main thing we need to do against Freemantle is to be competitive and never give up. Win or lose, we are still ahead of where we were last year.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:24 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Well, in my opinion Buckley is coaching much better this year and irrespective of how we go tomorrow night, we are still ahead of where we were at the same time last year.

Firstly the mess we got ourselves in last year was cleared up at the information night with the members at the end of the year. This has cleared the air with the supporters. Now we are all on the same page and know where the club is heading.

Secondly, Eade has left the club and Balme has taken his place. Balme is a settling influence on Buckley and now Buckley has the support he needs to coach for the future of the club rather than for the short term to shore up his position.

Thirdly, we recruited well last year by trading in Lumumba who was an unsettling influence on the club. We reluctantly traded Beams who wanted to return to Queensland, but secured one of the best teenagers in the draft in De Goey and as a bonus brought Crisp down to the club, who has been a revelation playing in the midfield.

So the main thing we need to do against Freemantle is to be competitive and never give up. Win or lose, we are still ahead of where we were last year.

Just for the record, the points you identify are merely reasons why you THINK he is a better coach this year than last year. None of them (except maybe the Balmey point) can be pointed to as reasons why he sucked as a coach last year and is great this year. They are simply reasons why your perception of his coaching might have changed.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 pm

E wrote:

Just for the record, the points you identify are merely reasons why you THINK he is a better coach this year than last year. None of them (except maybe the Balmey point) can be pointed to as reasons why he sucked as a coach last year and is great this year. They are simply reasons why your perception of his coaching might have changed.

Yes!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:49 pm

E wrote:

Well he killed our chances against Port in the elimination final two years ago by playing Keeffe in the forward line and allowing Monfries to go berserk in the forward line in that game. His forward set ups last year were poor and the team lost confidence in the second half of the year when we suffered injuries. We still haven't got our full team back this year but the structures are much better and the team is playing with confidence. The players appear to respect Buckley and are playing for the coach as well as for the team. We're on our way to regaining our rightful place in the top half of the ladder and if some of our recruits come good we could be playing off for the premiership in a couple of years.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Don't go drinking each others cum just yet. We have some really tough games against some really good teams in the next month, so let's just wait before we declare Nathan the best coach in the world.

One thing MM did well was galvanise the team against the odds….hence our fantastic interstate record and ability to beat teams no one expected us to beat.

I want to see Buck's team pull off those against the odds wins, not just keep beating up the bottom 8 but falling over against the leagues best teams.

So far so good, but the real test will be how we compete against the leagues's best.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Don't go drinking each others cum just yet. We have some really tough games against some really good teams in the next month, so let's just wait before we declare Nathan the best coach in the world.

One thing MM did well was galvanise the team against the odds….hence our fantastic interstate record and ability to beat teams no one expected us to beat.

I want to see Buck's team pull off those against the odds wins, not just keep beating up the bottom 8 but falling over against the leagues best teams.

So far so good, but the real test will be how we compete against the leagues's best.

Every game of AFL footy is tough. Port Adelaide found that out against Carlton last week. We have already played some really tough teams. Adelaide were playing their best footy for the year when we played them. They obliterated North Melbourne the week before. Despite being outgunned for three quarters we kicked about 6 goals in the last to gain a respectful loss. The Geelong game we had our chances but couldn't consolidate against a team who had our measure. The other loss was against Richmond who had their best side for the season and were just too good. Despite that, if we kicked straight, we would have beaten Richmond.
At this stage we're sitting on eight and three. No one can take that away from us. No one can say that Nathan Buckley is the best coach in the world, just as the people who were saying that Malthouse was the best coach in the world didn't know what they were talking about.
Clearly Buckley is coaching much better this year than last year whatever the result tomorrow. Obviously Freemantle are going to be a tough team to best, especially against the best ruckman in the AFL and with a more seasoned and talented midfield to contend with at their home ground. Give more games to Crisp, De Goey, Williams, Langdon and in one or two more years we will go past Freemantle. But to get over them tomorrow on their home ground with umpiring I expect to be bias against us, is going to be a really tough assignment.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Is Buck's team pull off those against the odds wins not keep beating up the bottom 8 but falling over against the leagues best teams a movie?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:27 am

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
I bagged bucks last year. And rightfully so. He went bonkers with handpass in pre season. Something Dermie highlighted on fox footy that he thought would be corrected in the season proper. It wasnt. Handpass is still our achilles heal.

I never said bucks couldnt coach. I said, after 2014 there were massive flaws in his gameplan (i.e. Too much hand pass) and our training regime was up sh!t creek (and had been since bucks took over in 2012).

1.North game. Over posessed like idiots in first half. Thats the Coaches gameplan. I've seen us over possession like idiots for at least 2 years now. Suddenly, in second half we kicked first.

The rain didnt come till the 4th qtr. its not that the pies adopted a wet weather game plan in the 3rd. They just adopted the gameplan of get it and kick it and pressure the hell outta the opposition. Plus north missed easy goals. To me, we have 2 distinct game plans. The 2010/11 type press or the flood back and try to sling shot swans style. Thankfully, we got Burns who is teaching them how to win the contested ball again and getting first use of it.

2. Our defense one on one is still pretty appauling. We give up some easy goals in transition. I dont rate Hart. But maybe transition goals are the fault of the middle field coach and players? I could be bonkers, and I hope hart proves me wrong, but I just dont rate our backline under his guidence. Nor when they are under one on one pressure. Would rather we invested in poaching back a max hughton type or even guy mckenna back.

3. There seems to be a tone of gloating just because we are 8-3. We haven't played or beaten anyone that is top 6 standard. We got belted by Geelong and lost to Richmond. Crows killed us too. Yet we belted GWS, but only after half their side went down to injury. Cloke got 4 goals playing on a HBF'er?? Trust me, I want to drink the cool aid, but when our game plan is under pressure we have wilted vs crows, geelong and richmond, even long periods in gws game.

4. Hine clearly said the list is ready to go and its time for the coaches to get maximum performance out of them. I thought last year, if not for the ridiculous training regime of 2013/14 ans injuries we make 8th or 7th.

This year I knew with what Hine had said, and what talent is on the list, that we were capable of being top 6 and get a home final. We are not really rebuilding this year. The rebuilding has happened since 2010 when fraser, o'bree, medhurst & lockyer left. We've been rebuilding for 4 seasons. If not for keefe and thomas (and the poor performance of the hawks) I'd almost have us as a lock for top 4 this year.

What i'm trying to say is I've always believed in the list. But some of the coaching, training and strategy has left me scratching my head for the past 2 years. I'm hoping we have now got the balance right for 2nd half of the year

1. So it's the gameplan and Buck's coaching that's the issue, not the fact that he's relying on a team of 50%+ kids (<50 games) who don't make the decisions or execute with the poise of hardened veterans. North missed easy goals... and that's our fault...

2. Our defense does very well given the relative inexperience. Show me 1 team that doesn't get burned on quick transisition.

3. Who is gloating? It appears that the majority of posters acknowledge that we aren't a premiership threat, if things go right we should hang on for a final 8 spot but equally could still miss. Your the 1 who has us a lock for the top 4.

4. Gee, Hine is now a coach... go figure! And that ridiculous training regime now allows us to run out games where we couldn't in 2013 -14.

What I'm trying to say is that we watch some senior games, maybe a few VFL games, maybe even attend the odd training session, none of which gives us the insight you're claiming into the inner machinations of the club, the training regimes, and the progress of our players.

Some of your best work, Jackass. You just saved me 20 mins on the keyboard.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

E wrote:

Well he killed our chances against Port in the elimination final two years ago by playing Keeffe in the forward line and allowing Monfries to go berserk in the forward line in that game. His forward set ups last year were poor and the team lost confidence in the second half of the year when we suffered injuries. We still haven't got our full team back this year but the structures are much better and the team is playing with confidence. The players appear to respect Buckley and are playing for the coach as well as for the team. We're on our way to regaining our rightful place in the top half of the ladder and if some of our recruits come good we could be playing off for the premiership in a couple of years.

I think our team suffered a loss of confidence mainly because we lost about 10 of our best 12 players and the kids that remained were not physically capable of playing a full season. I love Corey Gault's heart and enthusiasm and think he is a great rookie and depth player, but he is not the primary weapon of a team that can win games. Similarly, you might recall that things were so grim that our 42nd best player on the list got a game (even after playing in the reserves earlier in the day.

Again, not sure our confidence was shot or whether we simply didn't have fit cattle.

Interestingly, fitness does not appear to be the issue this year so far. This team runs over the top of teams (and maybe that's what Bucks was trying to do last year.

Was it Leigh Matthews who once said that the best coach was usually the one with the best players........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: