Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suddenly Buckley can coach! You guys make me laugh!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:04 am
Post subject: Suddenly Buckley can coach! You guys make me laugh!Reply with quote

I love that some of us feel equipped to answer whether he is a better coach now than he was a year ago..... More than likely this is a way that they can rationalize in their own deluded minds the fact that he is getting great results now out of a very young team much sooner than expected and so they look pretty silly for pre-judging him as he rebuilt the side, suffered major injuries and rid himself of the MM boys.

Ironically it was the things that he was criticized for last year that are turning out to be masterstrokes this year.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

God dam it E, I want names!!! who said this!!!!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:55 am

I'm assuming this thread is aimed at Defender, Jack Spain etc. there are a fair few of us who have maintained for quite a while that Buckley is a very capable coach. Not everyone was blinded by the debacle that was the second half of last year...
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 am

Darkstranger wrote:
God dam it E, I want names!!! who said this!!!!

The usual wankers. They know who they are!!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 am

It was obvious, to me any way, that last season fell a part because of the injury toll. Trouble is after a couple of weeks of putting it down to injuries people get bored and start to manufacture new reasons for the decline. The lesson? Sometimes you need to take things at face value and learn to control your boredom.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am

Stupied wrote:
I'm assuming this thread is aimed at Defender, Jack Spain etc. there are a fair few of us who have maintained for quite a while that Buckley is a very capable coach. Not everyone was blinded by the debacle that was the second half of last year...

Absolutely correct. I would go so far as to say that it was a vocal minority who put shit on Bucks. However as I have said all along, they haven't left Nick's nor have they admitted they were wrong. They are just waiting for the team to stumble and after a couple of losses; they will be back with their crap... Rolling Eyes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 am
Post subject: Re: Suddenly Buckley can coach! You guys make me laugh!Reply with quote

E wrote:
I love that some of us feel equipped to answer whether he is a better coach now than he was a year ago..... More than likely this is a way that they can rationalize in their own deluded minds the fact that he is getting great results now out of a very young team much sooner than expected and so they look pretty silly for pre-judging him as he rebuilt the side, suffered major injuries and rid himself of the MM boys.

Ironically it was the things that he was criticized for last year that are turning out to be masterstrokes this year.

You're clearly stirring the pot E. However, I agree with you 100 per cent. Cool
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Absolutely correct. I would go so far as to say that it was a vocal minority who put shit on Bucks. However as I have said all along, they haven't left Nick's nor have they admitted they were wrong. They are just waiting for the team to stumble and after a couple of losses; they will be back with their crap... Rolling Eyes

Comrade, to be fair to Jack mate, he was actually a big supporter of Bucks as coach, dunno what he thinks now, reckon hed still be supporting him. I agree with you though mate, drop the next three games, and the "perceptive fellow" till be back in business, plying their wares. Rolling Eyes Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I think it's clear that the assistants we've assembled are making all the difference. Burns, Hart, Harvey are a very strong group.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Reality is we were in a similar position in terms of win/loss this time last year.

I feel more confident in the team given our injury position, but we've had a relatively cushy draw.

Players seem happy which is a positive too.

Not sure there has been any major changes in Buckley's capability and acumen as a coach. I'm more confident we don't fall in the arse like we did last season but let's wait and see how the next 5 weeks go, how the squad goes with injury and confidence after that period.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I think it's clear that the assistants we've assembled are making all the difference. Burns, Hart, Harvey are a very strong group.

don't forget steve grace, the work pebs does with the forwards and also craig macrae's efforts as development coach.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Comrade, to be fair to Jack mate, he was actually a big supporter of Bucks as coach, dunno what he thinks now, reckon hed still be supporting him. I agree with you though mate, drop the next three games, and the "perceptive fellow" till be back in business, plying their wares. Rolling Eyes Surprised

Short memory. Jack had turned on Buckley within 12 months. He's only just changed his tune now under his latest username.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

To be fair we still haven't achieved what we need to to prove Buckley's bona fides as coach but only someone with blinkers on couldn't see that we are tracking very well for sustained success.

Spain DID NOT turn on Buckley within 12 months for your information either. He turned on Buckley by round 3 2012 (when Carlton flogged us) which would be about 3 weeks into Buckleys coaching career proper. You people accord Jack more intestinal fortitude than he's ever actually shown.
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

don't forget steve grace, the work pebs does with the forwards and also craig macrae's efforts as development coach.

Neil Balme is also a good operator, I just love his Blackmores injury reports.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:12 am

I bagged bucks last year. And rightfully so. He went bonkers with handpass in pre season. Something Dermie highlighted on fox footy that he thought would be corrected in the season proper. It wasnt. Handpass is still our achilles heal.

I never said bucks couldnt coach. I said, after 2014 there were massive flaws in his gameplan (i.e. Too much hand pass) and our training regime was up sh!t creek (and had been since bucks took over in 2012).

1.North game. Over posessed like idiots in first half. Thats the Coaches gameplan. I've seen us over possession like idiots for at least 2 years now. Suddenly, in second half we kicked first.

The rain didnt come till the 4th qtr. its not that the pies adopted a wet weather game plan in the 3rd. They just adopted the gameplan of get it and kick it and pressure the hell outta the opposition. Plus north missed easy goals. To me, we have 2 distinct game plans. The 2010/11 type press or the flood back and try to sling shot swans style. Thankfully, we got Burns who is teaching them how to win the contested ball again and getting first use of it.

2. Our defense one on one is still pretty appauling. We give up some easy goals in transition. I dont rate Hart. But maybe transition goals are the fault of the middle field coach and players? I could be bonkers, and I hope hart proves me wrong, but I just dont rate our backline under his guidence. Nor when they are under one on one pressure. Would rather we invested in poaching back a max hughton type or even guy mckenna back.

3. There seems to be a tone of gloating just because we are 8-3. We haven't played or beaten anyone that is top 6 standard. We got belted by Geelong and lost to Richmond. Crows killed us too. Yet we belted GWS, but only after half their side went down to injury. Cloke got 4 goals playing on a HBF'er?? Trust me, I want to drink the cool aid, but when our game plan is under pressure we have wilted vs crows, geelong and richmond, even long periods in gws game.

4. Hine clearly said the list is ready to go and its time for the coaches to get maximum performance out of them. I thought last year, if not for the ridiculous training regime of 2013/14 ans injuries we make 8th or 7th.

This year I knew with what Hine had said, and what talent is on the list, that we were capable of being top 6 and get a home final. We are not really rebuilding this year. The rebuilding has happened since 2010 when fraser, o'bree, medhurst & lockyer left. We've been rebuilding for 4 seasons. If not for keefe and thomas (and the poor performance of the hawks) I'd almost have us as a lock for top 4 this year.

What i'm trying to say is I've always believed in the list. But some of the coaching, training and strategy has left me scratching my head for the past 2 years. I'm hoping we have now got the balance right for 2nd half of the year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: