Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 11 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leave it, It's Billy E's 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the replay up yet?
I had to work today, i followed it on my phone, but i would love to chill out tonight and watch it!!
Link any one?
Magpie Bat?

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:54 pm

g00d win by the boys.

reid,moore,sinclair,pk,young,greenwood. all to come into the seniors. who comes out for them to go in.

goota love suburbian footy. when the siren goes and then some guy has to use the air horn can for a siren (start of 3rd qtr and maybe for rest of game)
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Leave it, It's Billy E's wrote:
Is the replay up yet?
I had to work today, i followed it on my phone, but i would love to chill out tonight and watch it!!
Link any one?
Magpie Bat?

Be Up Monday Afternoon at Latest

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:30 pm

My Thoughts of the Great Win:

Moore Showed why is a Forward and should stay There. Started Well with Big Pack Mark and Goaled from it. Tried all game and looked to do something exciting when ball was close. Massive Attack on the Ball as we saw him to take big Pack Marks a lot. Was good at ground level and did some nice things. Showed great Poise and Smarts. Had to play the Best Defender Spangher to slow him down

Maynard had his best game for the Club. 24 Touches, Used it Well and Was Hard at the Ball. Ran thru some Hawk Players

Sinclar was very good in Return

Scharanberg was great. Still looks Hestiant at times but has a Cool Head and Mostly make great Descions and Uses it well

Gault was just okay. Seems better in the Ruck then up Forward

Mantiet had also his best game. Solid User of the Ball

Reid was great until hurt his Calf and came off in 3rd.

Marsh was Fantastic. Marking just about everything coming his way

Kennedy was everywhere and shows why I think he should be playing AFL. In Everything and Good User of the Ball

PK Kicked 3 Goals but I felt he did not do much except for that

Dwyer was Quiet

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Another injury for Reid? Oh FFS! Mad

I hope this doesn't sideline him again.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Well, last time he "nicked" a quad, it was about 6 weeks before the doctors allowed him to stand upright, so what's a "pinched" calf worth - 2 years???
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, last time he "nicked" a quad, it was about 6 weeks before the doctors allowed him to stand upright, so what's a "pinched" calf worth - 2 years???

Life for pinching a whole cow not sure about a calf though.

We need to be tough on rustling & I use the word advisedly Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 pm

^

My grandfathers grandfather got sent to Australia from England for pinching some lead off a roof. They probably would have hung him for pinching a calf. Shocked

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 pm

I couldn't make this one. Got to watch it on TV. These are my impressions:

Sinclair: sat out last qtr. up until then was excellent. Gave us run, took intercept marks and looked AFL ready. He has clearly matured. I expect a recall for the Port game or if not the WC game.

Reid: close to BOG until he sat out the last qtr. Took 13 marks and set up the play with laser left foot. Made one howler. Apparently cramped up just before the last break. Was taken off to avoid damaging a calf.

Maynard: his best game so far with 24 possessions. Is progressing nicely. Tough at the contest and sharp, powerful boot. Strong tackling. May debut soon. You can see with him and De Goey Hine wanted talent with AFL ready bodies to keep the list balanced for our coming tilt.

Moore: bursts of brilliance. Took two impressive, contested marks up forward. Not many possessions but a ton of effort, chasing, spoiling and his trademark athleticism. Tried the big mark over the back a bit too much. Would of liked to see a bit more leading but the entries for both sides were untidy.

Karnezis: played cameos where his class finishing came at important times.

Kennedy: another good game. Broke the lines a few times when others tried but couldn't. I love this kid.

Marsh: a solid game down back. Not a standout but keeps impressing.

Abbott: seems to have got an injury that restricted him. The Big Show was a No Show today.

Manteit: actually his best game so far. Quite good. To me has seemed a bit vanilla but today showed something by being regularly involved.

Goodyear: reasonably quiet again. Seems to be behind most of the recruits in development. Didn't see any of his speed today.

Cox: the big cox was not out there but in the stands with no apparent limp. So big, no -limp cox just needed a rest.

Scharenberg: another tidy, classy and conservative game again. Not creating much, not winning a heap of ball or performing a lot of rebound. Building slowly into the feel of footy again after a massive two years of rehab. Gotta be patient. A debut would be a month or more away you would think.

Greenwood: struggled to get into it early on. Got a big shiner early which might explain the slow start. Got better and better as the game went on. A contested stoppage beast. He didn't manage much clean possession so I wouldn't think his kicking efficiency was really high. I have my doubts he will play AFL this week. He looks one or two games shy of finding the required form.

Dwyer: quite a good game again. Know what you get from Sammy. Important to our VFL team but only depth for AFL now.

Young: was playing well till he copped a heavy shoulder knock. Came back on but looked sore for the rest of the game.

Gault: spent time in different positions: rucking, switching with Moore between CHF and FF. Didn't look dangerous up forward. Played his best footy around the ground. Not a bad game with 16 possessions. I'm not sure of his future still.

This win was a ripper in terms of our VFL team's development. We've had a stack of these dour, intense close wins under Dale Tapping. The spirit in our team is great and it appears to be a good place to develop the oodles of talent we presently have. Moloney was BOG but my votes would be:

5. Moloney
4. Kennedy
3. Maynard
2. Reid
1. Sinclair

This team had 16 AFL listed players which I think is the most for the year. We might lose Young next week and god forbid Reid. But we could regain Grundy from injury so hopefully 16 is the number again against Sandy. Depending on results we are only percentage off second or third on the ladder. Onward and upward Mighty Pies!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:48 am

Agree with much of the consensus views.

Moloney easily BoG. Was terrific all day, especially in that last quarter. Best game for the club.

Moore was exciting in patches. 3 goals but a little less impact than we might have otherwise hoped. Then again, the ball was coming in shite, so you can't blame him for not going on with it too much. Nevertheless, will deduct a couple of points for constantly being behind his man and not leading at the ball carrier and forcing his opponent to play the game on his terms, but that will come with time and experience. On the other hand, pretty good effort to kick fully a third of your team's goals in your second game playing forward, without the assistance of your club's leading goal kicker.

Easily Maynard's best game for us. Tough, skilful and a little bit of mongrel. Love him.

Not a Sinclair fan, but he was pretty good for a guy who has missed near on 3 months with a hamstring. Good to have our depth players back on the park instead of in casualty. Here's hoping he has a solid month at this level before coming into consideration. Tough job to get into this current backline in his role, though...

Ryan Pendlebury continues to emerge as a footballer. Team high 10 Rebound 50s and an equal season (and I think career?) high of 24 disposals. Once again, was pivotal in a tight game in defence.

Reid was very good, bar one or two WTF moments. But that injury/not injury, though. Will he be right to play next week?

Ben Kennedy was dominant, as usual at this level. I won't push further on the related subject, but suffice to say, he is deserving of more consideration than that of a perennial sub...

Greenwood didn't quite have as much of an impact as his 18 disposal third quarter vs Werribee, but got better as the game wore on. Kicks like a mule though, so we ain't exactly adding another Nathan Buckley when he comes into the senior side, which may not be just yet...

Karnezis did well to end up with 3 goals, but didn't get as much of the ball as you would have hoped for (9 disposals), which is disappointing. On the other hand, he laid 5 tackles (equal ranked 3rd in the side), his second highest tackle count for the year, so that's something. And of course, you just can't replicate his class and nous around goal...

Scharenberg was okay. Played on Sicily, who hitherto was in some ripping form. Held him goalless, but didn't quite kick it up that extra gear on the counter-attack that I'm sure we've all been hoping for post-bye. In a little bit of a holding pattern right now. Clearly still doesn't trust his knee 100%.

Manteit's best game for the club. Kicked that clutch goal, which is always a decent enough indicator.

Marsh and Gault both solid in their respective roles, with Marsh holding up well again in defence while Gault provided solid service at CHF.

That win puts us 6-3 on the ledger and back into the 8. Taking the bye out of the equation, we are now halfway through a tough month of footy, with successive scalps over flag fancies in Werribee and Box Hill, but stern tests in Sandringham and an away rematch with Footscray in the next fortnight loom. Win those, and not only should we make finals, but a top 4 spot is then well and truly on the cards with our run home...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Quote:
Moore was exciting in patches. 3 goals but a little less impact than we might have otherwise hoped. Then again, the ball was coming in shite, so you can't blame him for not going on with it too much. Nevertheless, will deduct a couple of points for constantly being behind his man and not leading at the ball carrier and forcing his opponent to play the game on his terms, but that will come with time and experience. On the other hand, pretty good effort to kick fully a third of your team's goals in your second game playing forward, without the assistance of your club's leading goal kicker.

1st Game as a Forward at Senior Level. There is thing he can Learn from Yesterdays game and I dare say Rocca will tell Moore then he needs to lead More.

But more he plays up Forward the More he will Learn and Develop.

Still kind of played like a Backman playing Forward still a bit

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:46 pm

more is moore, more is more, less is moore or less is more? Confused
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the play-by-play commentary MagpieBat and thanks to everyone for providing their reviews on the match.

Sounds like barring any injury setbacks Reid will play against Hawthorn but Greenwood might still be a game or two away from playing seniors sadly.

Great to hear Moore kicked some goals and we persisted with him up forward and from what I can gather Scharenberg's composure and poise is first class. He'll probably end up coming in at the expense of someone like Goldsack or Langdon in the next few weeks possibly.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Museman wrote:
get Armstrong the f@k off our list!!

He is only playing out his Contract

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Throw in 15 out.

Roved by BenKen, around the body, HELLIER TAKEN IN THE BACK, FREE KICK!

From 20m, tight angle.... GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

62-60

26 1/2 gone

Moore was Really Stiff not to get the Goal as he got a Stephen Milne Bounce just before that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16   

Jump to: