Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 11 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Army has been great. He's just picking up on the example set by Reid and Scharenberg.

He was good in the first he was average progressing to chit the further it went....

He is a skirt, will not find hard ball, chits under pressure and doesn't have the awareness not to call for it when he might put himself under it.

Footballs also about reading it and he is a shocking reader.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Number !.
We hate the Hawks!!!!!!
Tough and gutsy win.
Greenwood worked his way into the match.
He was tough in close and he got about 25 disposals.
Reid was off during the last quarter. If not injured he needs to come into the first.
Moore needs to learn not to go the speccy every time. He will get injured and he needs to improve his work on the ground.
I thought Manteit and Marsh were good.
Besides from a dodgy pass in the last the Berg was cool under pressure.
In fact the 3 above could really play in the future in our AFL side.
Armstrong, well he was Armstrong - he should change his name to good and bad!
Kennedy was great, he must have racked up a heap of disposals.
One last thing.
When we went lateral or backwards we got nowhere and when we took the game on ( Kennedy!!! ) we looked much better.

Last edited by thompsoc on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I'm more shocked by Langford playing in the two's.

He was a revelation last year and kicked 3 in the GF.

This is going to be a difficult assignment.

One hopes Moore is played forward again but if not him then Reid or Marsh as a nice surprise would be interesting to watch.

If Marsh can't crack it for a game as a defender why not switch him forward or on to a wing?

Pies by 3pts.

Missed it by that much.

Nearest the pin. You can have the car...

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Greenwood worked right into it....

Reid was very good.

thought Gault looked good early but tired.

Benken had excellent patches but went missing to often.

I don't think Moore is bad on the ground, he does fly a little to often but geez he has a go.

Marsh was good would love to see him become a winger.

Tomy eye greenwood was the reason we were still there to win it at the end.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Great win!

Scharenberg was excellent. Was actually thinking that he never seems to make any mistakes, and then he went and kicked a shocking turnover that cost us a goal. Kid is all class and ready for action very soon.

Maynard and Marsh also good. Kennedy in and out of the game but generally lively.

Greenwood probably ready. Likewise Reid, if he hasn't done something to himself today.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Strange game, gutsy win.

If Reid was just being managed then he should play next week.

Greenwood a much improved second half and see he had a black eye.

If he copped that early might explain the slow start.

An outside chance.

Scharenberg outside the one mistake was clean and composed under pressure. Might still be playing a little safe and protecting that knee.

Consider.

Marsh, Maynard and Kennedy all did enough to keep them in contention for a call up.

Moore is building and looks a more dynamic player up forward and shows the reason why we picked him at 6.

Moloney was great.

piester 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Did anyone see Reid after the game? Was he walking OK?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes Swoop42 - Moloney was great - Rookie spot anyone???
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:10 pm

piester wrote:
Did anyone see Reid after the game? Was he walking OK?

Yes, he looked ok.
No bandages or ice anywhere,

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Scharenberg: excellent skills. Never makes a mistake (except that one he did make). Would like to see him do more, other than a couple of nice marks late his game is too much like Armstrong's, a lot of short kicks that never miss a target.

Sinclair: a great game first back. Not a single mistake and looked ready for the seniors.

Reid: very good rebounding work but his marking and defensive work is not quite there. Hopefully more about him playing safe than any real rust.

Greenwood: quiet early but worked his way into it. His skills are ordinary but is a very good contested ball player. I think eventually only one of Greenwood or Adams will make our best 22, but this year at least Greenwood is in our best when ready.

Moore: will clearly be a gun. Still doesn't have the strength to finish off all of his work, but showing enough to say that he will be a quality player.

Kennedy: not one of his best games. Wouldn't expect a call up on today's performance.

Marsh: a bit of a nondescript game. Decent defensive work and a few clearing kicks but not much besides.

Maynard: I can see why he's close to selection. Strong at the ball and assured when he has it in hand. Would be a decent replacement for Ramsay in the seniors.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm

We probably took him off to keep the hawks guessing for next week and of course rest him up.

If passed fit he has to play you'd think.

One of Scharenberg, Marsh or Maynard a chance also.

Greenwood all depends on what boxes he needs to tick internally.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:16 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Scharenberg: excellent skills. Never makes a mistake (except that one he did make). Would like to see him do more, other than a couple of nice marks late his game is too much like Armstrong's, a lot of short kicks that never miss a target.

Sinclair: a great game first back. Not a single mistake and looked ready for the seniors.

Reid: very good rebounding work but his marking and defensive work is not quite there. Hopefully more about him playing safe than any real rust.

Greenwood: quiet early but worked his way into it. His skills are ordinary but is a very good contested ball player. I think eventually only one of Greenwood or Adams will make our best 22, but this year at least Greenwood is in our best when ready.

Moore: will clearly be a gun. Still doesn't have the strength to finish off all of his work, but showing enough to say that he will be a quality player.

Kennedy: not one of his best games. Wouldn't expect a call up on today's performance.

Marsh: a bit of a nondescript game. Decent defensive work and a few clearing kicks but not much besides.

Maynard: I can see why he's close to selection. Strong at the ball and assured when he has it in hand. Would be a decent replacement for Ramsay in the seniors.

We wouldn't have gone out and got Greenwood if the coach didn't see him and Adams in the same side.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:16 pm

I think Greenwood did enough to get a call up to play the Dorks. Kennedy did too, but unless Blair gets dropped he won't get a game regardless of how well he plays.

I'm assuming Reid was rested in the last quarter, which means he won't play in the seniors next week. He'll have to play out a full VFL game before getting considered.

Moore is a beauty, but still looks a bit skinny for the seniors, unless he's played out on a wing (if such a position still exists?).

Schazza played his best game and I'm starting to see his talent. However, I reckon he still needs to play with a bit more urgency, if he's to get a senior call up. A mid sized defender needs to put his body on the line, and I am yet to see him do that. Still, he's a great reader of the play and he has very good disposal skills.....over 30 metres.

Marsh, Maynard and Sinclair (especially in the first half) played really well. Overall, it was a great display and shows we have genuine depth, with 3 or 4 players ready and good enough to play senior footy.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:30 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

We wouldn't have gone out and got Greenwood if the coach didn't see him and Adams in the same side.

Can say the same for Young.

I need to see more of Greenwood play, but from previous performances he seems too similar to Adams with similar weaknesses.

I definitely think he's in our best for the next couple of years. But when our younger, better skilled players, start cementing their spots he may not be as automatic. The Roos considered him near their fringe and that's what could happen here as we improve. Right now though he'd be a valuable addition to the senior team.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Some valid points on Scharenberg by A_I and Rudie.

He played a very decent game and is clean and composed generally but where is the offensive run or piercing 50m kicks that open up the opposition and exposes them?

Still seems to be protecting the knee somewhat and isn't manic in a contested situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: