Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is age "mellowing" you?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is age "mellowing" you?
Yes, I think so
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No, I don't think so
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Too early to tell
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Folks have said it is
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sounds like an urban myth; some mellow, some don't
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sounds like a way of making impotent, old farts feel better
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 pm
Post subject: Is age "mellowing" you?Reply with quote

You often hear this bit of folk wisdom. What do you make of it in terms of your own life and as a general piece of folk wisdom? Feel free to expand.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:50 pm
Post subject: Re: Is age "mellowing" you?Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
You often hear this bit of folk wisdom. What do you make of it in terms of your own life and as a general piece of folk wisdom? Feel free to expand.

For sure. Now that I know I've got no hope of my life amounting to anything or of finding a beautiful partner the pressure is well and truly off. And as a result I'm more mellow.

*I ticked the impotent old farts option.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Age seems to be making me way less tolerant. And if anyone has a problem with that, they can stick it! Twisted Evil Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Yep

im over trying to please people, some people just aint worth the effort. I try to treat everyone the same way, but treat me wrong, I no longer try and get you back with interest, lifes too $£$%^%%$ short, I just go Meh, your loss (karma is a pretty good bus I find!!)

things I wish: I wish I could go back and tell that crazy teen who starved herself to "fit the image", there aint nothing wrong with you honey, and one day you would kill to see that body in the mirror again!

I wish id said no to a couple of guys, and yes to a couple of others.

I wish I could take back every under pressure harsh word I ever told my kids, my sister, my pets, my friends, myself.

I wish I hadn't throw out my old duffle coat with all my cheer squad member patches on it.

I wish id said **** it and booked a cruise with my mum, a year before she died. I wish I didn't care what my sisters thought, and id just gone out and bought the things that would have made mums life better...

I wish id worn the dress, even if my bum looked a bit big in it (it didn't!!) I wish id had the courage to dance on the stage long before I finally did!!

am I mellowing?

(I just asked Cait, she got that husband "oh **** whats the answer" look) "what answer would you like?" she said!!

I still wear my heart on my sleeve, but I no longer let the arrows break me so easily. I wear the dress. I wear the good perfume, and yes, I dance in the rain!! ive long been happy for people to have a laugh at my expense, that hasn't changed! probably a good thing, since ive got a 5 inch wide and 6" inch long bright purple and yellow bruise on my leg from my last clumsy effort!!

I like me now, ive weeded out the people who brought me down. and ive learnt to say no even if I think I should say yes!

does getting mellow mean you are more accepting, less easily antagonized, or less self absorbed?

dunno, but its raining and there's a glass of red with my name in it! lets dance!! cheers

Last edited by think positive on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm
Post subject: Re: Is age "mellowing" you?Reply with quote

Dangles wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

For sure. Now that I know I've got no hope of my life amounting to anything or of finding a beautiful partner the pressure is well and truly off. And as a result I'm more mellow.

*I ticked the impotent old farts option.

I take it your a living breathing, not newly released mass murderer/rapist, and that you have family and or friends?

then your life has amounted to something, you may not recognize just what yet, but keep looking

a beautiful partner. hmm. there's lots of beautiful people out there, why have you stopped looking? and what exactly are you looking for? the drop dead gorgeous arm candy every one wants a piece of? not too many of us get that, or are that, but most get to be that to somebody, at some stage.

one things for sure, while you count your failings, your missing out on creating your blessings, why? why would you do that? if I told you you have one year, just one year, what would you do? would you make a list of what you haven't done, or what you want to do?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:36 pm

think positive wrote:
Yep

im over trying to please people, some people just aint worth the effort. I try to treat everyone the same way, but treat me wrong, I no longer try and get you back with interest, lifes too $£$%^%%$ short, I just go Meh, your loss (karma is a pretty good bus I find!!)

things I wish: I wish I could go back and tell that crazy teen who starved herself to "fit the image", there aint nothing wrong with you honey, and one day you would kill to see that body in the mirror again!

I wish I could take back every under pressure harsh word I ever told my kids, my sister, my pets, my friends, myself.

I wish I hadn't throw out my old duffle coat with all my cheer squad member patches on it.

I wish id said **** it and booked a cruise with my mum, a year before she died. I wish I didn't care what my sisters thought, and id just gone out and bought the things that would have made mums life better...

I wish id worn the dress, even if my bum looked a bit big in it (it didn't!!) I wish id had the courage to dance on the stage long before I finally did!!

am I mellowing?

(I just asked Cait, she got that husband "oh **** whats the answer" look) "what answer would you like?" she said!!

I still wear my heart on my sleeve, but I no longer let the arrows break me so easily. I wear the dress. I wear the good perfume, and yes, I dance in the rain!! ive long been happy for people to have a laugh at my expense, that hasn't changed! probably a good thing, since ive got a 5 inch wide and 6" inch long bright purple and yellow bruise on my leg from my last clumsy effort!!

I like me now, ive weeded out the people who brought me down. and ive learnt to say no even if I think I should say yes!

does getting mellow mean you are more accepting, less easily antagonized, or less self absorbed?

dunno, but its raining and there's a glass of red with my name in it! lets dance!! cheers

So, we're taking 'mellow' to mean regret?? Shocked Confused

Last edited by luvdids on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
Yep

am I mellowing?

looking back comparing me now to before to see if ive changed, means comparing how I reacted to things then compared with now, so I guess I typed out loud what I was thinking, and then asked the question as bolded.

but no, certainly not regret, I don't use the word regret, just life lessons.

or I can just delete my ramblings, and type yes, but I personally feel a whole heap of posts with yes or no is rather boring.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:05 pm

luvdids wrote:

I'd imagine a lot of uptightness and stress come from having regrets and guilt. Letting regret go is probably a crucial part of the 'mellowing' process.

On that front, I don't know if I'm mellowing with age or getting worse. Perhaps I haven't hit my peak unmellowing yet. Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 pm

David, your a bloody kid still!! you have to wait til you get old to answer!!! Wink

but yeah, I totally agree!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Hey, it's not like you're exactly Methuselah. Compared to some of the more ancient members of this forum, you're still a bloody kid yourself! Wink
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 pm

It is highly discriminatory to call David "a kid" just because he is only a kid.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 pm

David wrote:
Hey, it's not like you're exactly Methuselah. Compared to some of the more ancient members of this forum, you're still a bloody kid yourself! Wink

haha, I like the boy!!!!

cheers

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Interesting comparison.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
It is highly discriminatory to call David "a kid" just because he is only a kid.
Really. discriminatory to call David a kid because he is a kid is?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:30 pm

luvdids wrote:
Age seems to be making me way less tolerant. And if anyone has a problem with that, they can stick it! Twisted Evil Wink

ha. i hear you sista.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: