Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hird and Bucks, media views em differently, why ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 pm
Post subject: Hird and Bucks, media views em differently, why ??Reply with quote

fOR some time now, i have noticed the footy media has polar views on coaches Bucks and Hird. To me, Bucks always seems under pressure, by the media and others, its said we have not beaten anybody yet, that immense pressure is on Bucks for us to make the finals, that each game is a huge test for him and his coaching. But, the bloody golden child Hird, never faces any such pressure, he just glides along, dream run from the media, aside from Caro maybe, others like Robbo, Connally, etc, give golden boy Hird a dream ride, and id like to know why ?? Unlike Bucks, Hird had NO coaching apprenticeship, none, at least Bucks spent two seasons learning under MM. What has the Dons done under Hir5d , he has never taken them into the finals, they made it last season under Thompson, not him, he was swanning around FRANCE. He has done nothing for the Bummers, zilch, he never looks emotional in the box, he looks wooden, like a rabbit in a damn spotlight.
Yet, the Dons keep losing, and not a whiff of heat goes on him, yet if Bucks drops a game, all hell breaks loose in the media. IMHO Hird is a very average coach, they should have stuck with Bomber, yet even after tonights loss, Hird will continue to glide along, with no heat from the footy media and gurus. Confused WHY Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Because 1 coaches Collingwood and the other coaches the Bombers
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:03 pm

what dave said.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 pm
Post subject: WowReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Because 1 coaches Collingwood and the other coaches the Bombers

What a stupid reply. It's obvious.

iamsam Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:06 am

They made the finals in 2011. Hird's first year as coach.
How he managed to keep his job over the ASADA investigation is beyond me. But given that he did, he now should be given every chance to prove he can coach this group of players to their next flag.
The players do seem to have a good relationship with him. And only Ryder leaving, with all they've been through, is a credit to him and the club.
In saying that, Daniher, Heppell, and Zach Merritt, and possibly Langford and Leverde are the only promising youngsters I can see on their list. And the recruitment of Chapman, Giles, McKernan, Gwilt and Cooney is mind boggling! I honestly think Hird believes they can win the flag in the next few years. If and when they don't, they are going to spend a long time down the bottom of the ladder and Hird will be gone.
I can't wait!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:00 am

Who cares, the stupid look that's constantly on the little dweebs face is satisfaction enough for me 🎻
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:24 am

Screw the media. The fact of the matter is of "the big three' Voss was sacked, Hird has disgraced himself and Bucks is doing a good job. Speaking of the big three I always thought our assistant coach Robert Harvey was criminally underrated as a player. He was every bit as good Bucks, Hird and Voss.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:27 am

Funny I don't see Buckley under pressure at all! What Matters is what Collingwood think, and it's all good.
cressyg 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:09 am

I tend to disagree. Regardless of what our personal views are of James Hird I would have preferred to have been in Buck's shoes over the past 3 years than Hird's.

It was reported that Hird was to have been sacked last year and Bomber installed but Hird's legal team threatened a $10m law suit against the Bombers if Hird wasn't allowed his natural justice to appeal the ASADA decision against him. The Bomber's blinked and the rest is history.

Robbo is an Essendon man and it has widely been reported at the height of the PEDs scandal last year that it was Hird's camp that was feeding him the intel.

Buck's on the other hand had 85,000 Collingwood members on his shoulders. But Bucks being Bucks got on with the job without complaint
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:36 am

Dangles wrote:
Screw the media. The fact of the matter is of "the big three' Voss was sacked, Hird has disgraced himself and Bucks is doing a good job. Speaking of the big three I always thought our assistant coach Robert Harvey was criminally underrated as a player. He was every bit as good Bucks, Hird and Voss.

underrated by whom? 350+ games, two brownlows.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 am

John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:

The media. When they were playing the media used to talk about the big three" meaning Bucks, Hird and Voss. Should've been "the big four" with Harvey included.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Dangles wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:

The media. When they were playing the media used to talk about the big three" meaning Bucks, Hird and Voss. Should've been "the big four" with Harvey included.

I concur, Harvey is the best Saints player i have ever seen, and i used to live close to their ground down Moorabbin, saw a lot of em, including guys like Baldock, Ditterich, Smith, Barker, Plugger, etc, and i rate Harves above any of them, a real star in a dud team, for most of h is time there. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm with Dave.

However, I must say that whenever journos interview Bucks, it's always them, not Bucks, who seems to be under pressure. They positively shit themselves when Bucks puts them in their place. Monday night's Footy Classified was a classic, where that bufoon Hutchy, was actually quivering trying to put his words together to ask Bucks a question. Bucks also put Caro and that ex Demon half wit in their place as well. Bucks is all class and exposes all these B grade journos for the f*ckwits that they are.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm with Dave.

However, I must say that whenever journos interview Bucks, it's always them, not Bucks, who seems to be under pressure. They positively shit themselves when Bucks puts them in their place. Monday night's Footy Classified was a classic, where that bufoon Hutchy, was actually quivering trying to put his words together to ask Bucks a question. Bucks also put Caro and that ex Demon half wit in their place as well. Bucks is all class and exposes all these B grade journos for the f*ckwits that they are.

And its so refreshing after 12 seasons of Grumpy Mick. That stuff is OK when your winning, but it just gets so tiresome.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm with Dave.

Agree - He makes the Jurno's look like Total Hacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: