Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Hahaha, I enjoyed that video lol.

Unfortunately, the bat-eared American conservatives will be holding circles of prayer as we speak asking for the Lord to strike down homersexyurals rather than the dangerous, ignorant whackos who seek to represent them.

It's completely detached and nihilistic to be so flippant about the most powerful public position on the planet. I mean, I'm all for a bit of nihilism in the sense of humorous irony or absurdity, or a good night out which leaves me draped over a bar cursing the world. But I don't actually wish to be handed decision making power over people's lives whilst slumped over a bar at 4am. These are creepy, batshit-ignorant nutters who make all the sense of the bloke at the back of the church who yells nonsense and sees things because he forgets to take his medication.

This is frightening shit that simply cannot be taken lightly—again, except in an absurdist, surrealist, denialist sense.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:34 am

Well, anything can happen in this world, and at this point of an election campaign in the US, it usually does.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Hahaha, I enjoyed that video lol.

Unfortunately, the bat-eared American conservatives will be holding circles of prayer as we speak asking for the Lord to strike down homersexyurals rather than the dangerous, ignorant whackos who seek to represent them.

It's completely detached and nihilistic to be so flippant about the most powerful public position on the planet. I mean, I'm all for a bit of nihilism in the sense of humorous irony or absurdity, or a good night out which leaves me draped over a bar cursing the world. But I don't actually wish to be handed decision making power over people's lives whilst slumped over a bar at 4am. These are creepy, batshit-ignorant nutters who make all the sense of the bloke at the back of the church who yells nonsense and sees things because he forgets to take his medication.

This is frightening shit that simply cannot be taken lightly—again, except in an absurdist, surrealist, denialist sense.

Yeah, Trump is an entertaining buffoon but that doesn't mean he can't win. They elected George W and Reagan. The problem I have with Trump is that he seems like one of those blame the poor for being poor and punish them for it types. I also wouldn't put it past him to launch a nuclear strike just to show people how "tough" he was on terrorists or some such shit.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 pm

I doubt Trump will be elected as the leader of the Republicans. He's just there for comic relief and to distract the masses from the more serious issues being confronted by both sides of politics and to cause a stir somewhat.

When all is said and done, I still expect Jeb Bush to be the main challenger to the Presidency for the Republicans.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:23 pm

They might have said the same thing about Hitler.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:15 pm

I agree with Jezza (though I don't know if Bush will get the nomination – he's the frontrunner, but Scott Walker, Rand Paul and a couple of others could have a small chance of getting the nod, unlike Trump).

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/22/donald-trump-wont-win-republican-presidential-nomination

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Jeb's the 'frontrunner' on name value alone. I don't think he'll get the nomination, his performance has been pretty woeful. I'd expect Trump to flame out once other candidates start to 'steal his thunder' somewhat and shift to the right on issues like immigration, because it's all he has.

Carson has been the standout smoky. My favourite Rand Paul isn't likely to last too long. Lacks the sincerity of his father.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Trumps momentum may continue to build. If it doesn't it's all over and Clinton has got it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:47 pm

David wrote:
This is pretty funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGlBv8Z3NU

A slightly more melodic take on the debate:

https://youtu.be/fXHTJ5v4B5I

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Are they exactly the same?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Wokko wrote:
Jeb's the 'frontrunner' on name value alone. I don't think he'll get the nomination, his performance has been pretty woeful. I'd expect Trump to flame out once other candidates start to 'steal his thunder' somewhat and shift to the right on issues like immigration, because it's all he has.

Carson has been the standout smoky. My favourite Rand Paul isn't likely to last too long. Lacks the sincerity of his father.

Didn't stop George W. Laughing

Jeb.

Sounds like something out of the Beverly Hillbillies.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Interesting how the pre election is being seen in the US.

Taxi driver in Vegas is dead set planning on voting for Trump. His logic is that Trump is basically a real estate salesman who calls a spade a spade but he's good at getting deals done and that's what they need in the whitehouse, someone who can negotiate and make deals. The role of president is just a figure head anyway (his words).

On the other hand he actually laughed at the prospect of Bill Clinton back in the white house with access to the interns.

One shop I saw had tshirts with pictures of the 3 Bushes on the front and the slogan "Vote in 2, get 1 free" Razz Laughing

Obama care is not very popular, even with the more left wing people. From the description of how it works I was given by a stripper, it may have been sound in concept but it seems it was crippled in implementation.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Taxi driver in Vegas is dead set planning on voting for Trump. His logic is that Trump is basically a real estate salesman who calls a spade a spade but he's good at getting deals done and that's what they need in the whitehouse, someone who can negotiate and make deals.

Donald Trump, diplomat. Shocked

I can almost understand that some people might vote for him despite his lack of diplomatic skills - you know, big man in the white house who tells the Chinese to **** themselves and takes a piss on any piece of legislation he doesn't like - but I'm genuinely amazed that anyone could vote for him because of his dealmaking capacity. That's nuts.

Then again, I guess it was Vegas. Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:14 am

This should be the Republican theme song for 2016:

https://youtu.be/t_4bCpuELMw

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:59 am

Kayne West running now 😂😂😂 what a phurken circus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 6 of 148   

Jump to: