Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I watched it. Kasich and Christie were clearly the two most electable candidates, I thought. This being the modern Republican Party, they're without a prayer.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:32 am

Guy rundle seems to be the left version of Andrew Bolt.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 am

^ Some people have said that. Personally, I'd be happy to read a right-wing columnist with Rundle's perceptiveness, way with words and ability to think outside the box, but Bolt isn't it. I just find his stuff boring and predictable these days.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:18 am

And in an absolute shocker to no one Donald Trump's big mouth has derailed his campaign. Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm caught between finding it all kind of amusing and wondering how someone so dumb and poorly qualified can make it to a presidential candidates' debate.

I know money talks, but come on. I watched some clips of the debate on youtube. Donald is no intellectual dark horse.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Dangles wrote:
And in an absolute shocker to no one Donald Trump's big mouth has derailed his campaign. Rolling Eyes

Derailed it so far his poll numbers are going up. Rolling Eyes

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/07/trumps-poll-numbers-remain-on-top-despite-critics-debate-analysis/
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Sales of kool-aid must be at an all time high.

Seriously, Wokko, as Australia's sole representative of the Donald Trump fan club, can you explain what we're missing? All I see is some big-mouthed imbecile with no diplomatic skills or coherent political ideology who's not even particularly good at the one thing he's supposed to be good at (running a business). What is it that you find so attractive about him?

(By the way, regarding that interview, what kind of presidential candidate can't handle a little bit of tough questioning from some Fox News lightweight? How would he handle Sarah Ferguson or Kerry O'Brien? The most ridiculous thing isn't the 'period' jibe, which was pretty bad, but the fact that he felt the need to sook it up like a giant baby in the first place just because someone asked questions he didn't like.)

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:41 pm

The people supporting The Donald now will in the most part be the only ones still supporting him when the number of candidates diminish.

The lions share of votes for them once they depart will go to his competitors I'd imagine.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 pm

David wrote:
I'm caught between finding it all kind of amusing and wondering how someone so dumb and poorly qualified can make it to a presidential candidates' debate.

I know money talks, but come on. I watched some clips of the debate on youtube. Donald is no intellectual dark horse.

An opinion from someone who is there. Take with a grain of salt.

Quote:
I’m watching the Donald Trump campaign for president with the same amount of amusement as everyone else. The only difference is that I think he has a legitimate shot at becoming president. You’ll choke when I tell you why, because you’ll agree.

Realistically, the mood of the country is that it is time for a woman to be president. If you have watched any broadcast TV lately you know that commercials have swung from the traditional anti-woman sexist stuff of the past to become flagrantly anti-male. (Mostly. Still some exception.) That’s the national mood. Clinton is in the right place at the right time. The era of women has arrived. Nothing but a health problem or a new scandal could stop the inevitability train.

But if Hillary does not coast into the White House as I expect (and this is a prediction, not a preference) you will see a Donald Trump presidency.

Read more: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/125930283831/how-trump-becomes-president#ixzz3iJ2l0U8I

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm

I presume his tongue is very firmly planted in his cheek. Trump should shave his head? There's barely a single mention in that post about what the American public might actually want from their president, or recognition of what Clinton's appeal might be beyond the fact she's a woman, or what Trump's honest "opinions" (let's not even get started on policies) might actually be beyond "I'll do everything better than those guys and also I'm really rich".

But this was the killer paragraph that convinced me that Adams is taking the piss:

Quote:
Now let’s say Trump gets strategic because he sees that his stroll across the presidential landscape is being taken seriously. He never really had to get serious before. But I’ll bet he could turn it on like a switch if he thought it would get him elected. I would expect him to dial back his crazy-sounding stuff as his poll numbers grow.

Words fail me.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Of course he doesn't address those things, he's a cartoonist and humorist, not a political commentator. And yes he's taking the piss, to a degree. The vast majority of people don't take this shit so seriously or earnestly.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The vast majority of people don't take this shit so seriously or earnestly.

I guess that would go some way towards explaining Trump's popularity.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:41 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
The vast majority of people don't take this shit so seriously or earnestly.

I guess that would go some way towards explaining Trump's popularity.

Try a long way. And don't assume that they think like you or even normal people.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:41 am

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/07/ezra-klein-trump-is-a-honey-badger-doesnt-f-ing-care/

Trump is anti establishment, nationalist and anti PC, what's not to love.

He's also not chained to special interests, he WAS one and has said how he gave money to Clinton and requested she attend his wedding; she did. He keeps going on about being wealthy because he can largely fund his own campaign and not have to kowtow.

Now whether he is seriously running, who knows but I'd love to have someone in this country to seriously shake up politics and force all the limp wristed, PC loving wankers to actually face the concerns of the electorate. People in the USA absolutely hate illegal immigration and it's only been Trump to rally against it, now because of him the other Republicans are changing their stand on it. Populism shouldn't be a dirty word in a democracy.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:14 am

^

Clive Palmer tried to seriously shake up politics. Look how well that's worked out so far. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 4 of 148   

Jump to: