Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Nothing published by wikileaks has EVER been proven false, you're welcome to have a go.

Quite so. But I find it unlikely that this document is legit. Can you provide the Wikileaks link? Because I sure as hell can't find it.

(Edit I'm referring here to the document in the Tweet quoted by the article, by the way. The one up the top seems legit, although they seem to be discussing internal polling?)

Last edited by David on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Wokko wrote:
Oh you poor deluded fool.

Watch Clinton Cash, it's on Youtube it's been fact checked and free. Then get back to us.

Also check out the Podesta emails released by Wikileaks. Plenty of "Too long; didn't read" versions out there.

Wokko, careful now.....

You've avoided talking about Trump's charities. Interesting.

Don't start tossing around the word delusions or it may well be considered exhibit one in projection.

Your silence on Trumps charities is deafening.

Can you refute the millions given by the Clinton foundation as I listed it above?
then you can get back to me.

How's the bunker going?

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 am

Interesting view of likely outcomes for the election from Nate Silvers 538 site:

http://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/silver-electionupdate-1021-11.png

Basically before the ABC poll showing something like an 11% lead for Clinton, Silver reckons that:

13% chance: A Trump win, including cases where he loses the popular vote but wins the Electoral College.

13% chance A narrow Clinton win, wherein she wins the Electoral College, but wins the popular vote by 3 percentage points or less. (Or wins the Electoral College and loses the popular vote.)

31% chance A Clinton win in the Obama zone, wherein she wins the popular vote by 4 to 7 percentage points the margins by which President Obama won the elections in 2012 and 2008, respectively. Clinton is all but certain to win the Electoral College if she wins the popular vote by this amount.

43% chance Finally, a Clinton blowout, wherein she wins the popular vote by 8 points or more, which would almost certainly also yield a dominant performance in the Electoral College.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 am

^ just imagine if Obama was running. Or Bernie. Or, indeed, anybody decent. The reality that Trump can't even hope to beat the uninspired and awful Clinton illustrated just how insane the Republican Party has become.

And the fact that he'll still get 30-40% of the vote illustrates just how insane the US of A has become.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:09 am

Trump's charity? Who gives a ****, he was a private citizen and a business man. Nobody giving to his charity could expect any favours, I would expect any charity of a real estate mogul to be nothing more than a tax reduction scheme. The 'charity' of a top level government official on the other hand that has been proven to be a front for 'quid pro quo' favours is a level of corruption that should have someone in jail.

On to the polls.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-23/new-podesta-email-exposes-dem-playbook-rigging-polls-through-oversamples

I provide evidence of rigged polls and you then point at those same rigged polls? What?

They are not discussing internal polling, why rig internal polls? They're talking about the polls you see in the media and the way they are manipulated to point to a Clinton victory. In a voluntary system if you can convince the other side to stay home then you win. The media overwhelmingly supports Clinton, this has also been shown in the leaked emails. 96% of media donations are to Clinton's campaign.

Why anyone would cheer on a Hillary win is beyond me, I can even see why people don't like Trump, the guy is neither a conservative or a libertarian and the 'Never Trump' people have genuine concerns but the Hillary mob are cheering on a warmongering, corrupt, evil woman. She has consistently been shown to be racist, sexist, nasty, scheming with no redeemable qualities. Her vaunted experience has been inept and corrupt and her accomplishments amount to pretty much nothing.

If she wasn't a woman then she wouldn't have even made it past the first couple of primary contests. She had to cheat to beat a 75 year old Communist Jew, then buy him off to make sure his supporters would hold their nose and vote for her.

I say it's insane that a candidate like Clinton who makes Richard Nixon look clean is this close to the White House. It's like people are cheering on World War 3 or the destruction of the USA. Nobody who's even scratched the surface on who she is could think that a HRC presidency will be a good
thing.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 am

So you can't provide one piece of evidence to refute the assertion that the Clinton Foundation has donated millions to assist others? Go figure.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:55 am

I am very surprised that you would be so in support of the Clinton Foundation WPT - yes they have done some reasonable work - and I speak only from experience in Africa - but man have they caused more problems than what they have actually assisted with and played the power game ( to the detriment of the greater good) e.g in Rwanda and many of their practices ( let alone the creative accounting) are extremely dodgy as are most " celebrity charities" who basically push their own barrow for whatever reason and the " branding" has been worth a fair bit of coin to many including the Clintons!

Haven't got a clue about Trump's and don't care- I would love to see all these " celebrity" self servicing " charities" just knick off and have the money go to real humane organisations such as MSF who aren't playing the power game just trying to actually help people

It's probably for a different topic - but the septic God bothering charities are over in Africa convincing the locals that circumcision will prevent HIV/AIDS all because they are anti condoms!!!

The sooner the general public realise that these " celebrity" charities spend more on admin and influencing with the ultimate aim of attaining power and control etc than actually " helping" the people the better.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:06 am

Morrigu wrote:
The sooner the general public realise that these " celebrity" charities spend more on admin and influencing with the ultimate aim of attaining power and control etc than actually " helping" the people the better.

Hit the nail on the head there.

WPT, you might want to take a look at this from no less than the Huffington Post, which is about pro-Clinton as it gets:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-morocco-emails_us_580cd86be4b0a03911ed5e27

Quote:
Veteran journalist Bob Woodward didnt leave any ambiguity about his own views regarding the Clinton Foundation.

Its corrupt, Woodward said on Fox. Its a scandal.

The mixing of speech fees, the Clinton Foundation and actions by the State Department which she ran are all intertwined, he said. And its corrupt. You cant just say its unsavory.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:08 am

A little more.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:12 am

As for the polling, Wokko, I guess we shall see whether the results hold up on election day. Frankly, I'm not even sure I see the benefit of 'rigging' polling; while it may discourage Trump supporters and lead to them staying home, it might just as likely give Clinton supporters (and the many other anti-Trump forces) sufficient feeling of complacency to stay home as well. If I were going to rig polls, I'd rig them to make sure they were close, to increase the likelihood of people turning out to vote for me.

Furthermore, nearly every polling firm in the US (bar the LA Times, interestingly) is giving Clinton a substantial lead. Are you suggesting they're all in her campaign's pocket? If so, I dare say you're getting into Illuminati/Bilderberg/Alex Jones territory.

The thing to remember with polling is that, at the end of the day, their primary commodity is their credibility. If they get it wrong (as they most certainly have in the past, the last UK election being a case in point), then they wind up with massive egg on their face. The New York Times, for instance, is currently giving Clinton a 93% chance of victory. How stupid will they look if the election ends up being close, let alone if Trump wins?

At the end of the day, you have to face reality: Trump is not the sort of candidate who can win a plurality of voters. Even in a two-horse race against a broadly unpopular opponent, in a country without mandatory voting, in a system without even preferential voting (so that third-party voters are also removed from the equation), he can't do it. Most women don't like him; most people from ethnic minority backgrounds don't like him; most university-educated people don't like him. Plus, he's currently dealing with a whole lot of sexual assault scandals, his debate performances were average at best, and you'd be the first to agree that the mainstream media is mostly antagonistic towards him. These are sizeable barriers to overcome for any candidate, let alone one as love-him-or-hate-him as Trump.

Whatever the Clinton campaign is or isn't doing with them, the polling figures reflect the situation more or less as you would expect. I'm not sure why you would expect Trump to be doing better than he is right now.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 am

Morrigu wrote:
I am very surprised that you would be so in support of the Clinton Foundation WPT - yes they have done some reasonable work - and I speak only from experience in Africa - but man have they caused more problems than what they have actually assisted with and played the power game ( to the detriment of the greater good) e.g in Rwanda and many of their practices ( let alone the creative accounting) are extremely dodgy as are most " celebrity charities" who basically push their own barrow for whatever reason and the " branding" has been worth a fair bit of coin to many including the Clintons!

Haven't got a clue about Trump's and don't care- I would love to see all these " celebrity" self servicing " charities" just knick off and have the money go to real humane organisations such as MSF who aren't playing the power game just trying to actually help people

It's probably for a different topic - but the septic God bothering charities are over in Africa convincing the locals that circumcision will prevent HIV/AIDS all because they are anti condoms!!!

I have no doubt Morrigu that the Clinton Foundation has made errors but they have also done a hell of a lot of good too (see malaria for just one of the many things they do).

However for me the bigger picture is the reality that at there are 2 candidates for the office of president of the USA. As I've stated a long time ago its a choice between between two of lesser evils.

Now with respect to charities Trump has often stated he is a generous man but that has been shown like a much of his statements & claims to be demonstrably false. This stands in contrast with the other candidate Clinton whose foundation while having made mistakes has done a enormous job in assisting others though the donation of millions to areas of need.

Now get me my tin foil hat , build me that bunker so I can download more conspiracy theories Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 am

David wrote:

WPT, you might want to take a look at this from no less than the Huffington Post, which is about pro-Clinton as it gets:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-morocco-emails_us_580cd86be4b0a03911ed5e27

Quote:
Veteran journalist Bob Woodward didnt leave any ambiguity about his own views regarding the Clinton Foundation.

Its corrupt, Woodward said on Fox. Its a scandal.

The mixing of speech fees, the Clinton Foundation and actions by the State Department which she ran are all intertwined, he said. And its corrupt. You cant just say its unsavory.

WPT replied:

I know, the King of Morocco donating $12 million - shocking. Might go to a free education programme or money to assist in the eradication of poverty.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

Michael Moore on Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADHLsECWxY
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 am

How republicans try to rig elections: an appalling practice which limits & handicaps black & minorities from voting in republican states.

...Activists said this month that as many as 100,000 Georgia voter-registration applications have not been processed. One of the states largest counties offered only one early-voting site, prompting hours-long waits for many people at the polls last week. And the states top election official has refused to extend voter-registration deadlines in counties hardest hit by Hurricane Matthew...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/growing-conflict-over-voting-rights-in-georgia-where-the-presidential-race-is-tightening/2016/10/24/2e9d2caa-84e6-11e6-a3ef-f35afb41797f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_gavoting-219pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory[/b]

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:55 am

Wokko wrote:
Michael Moore on Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADHLsECWxY
He's the only one that is on the money when he speaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 106 of 148   

Jump to: