Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at it live, Trump looks way out of his depth, so badly he may get a sympathy vote

http://abcnews.go.com/Live/video/special-live-1-14476486

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Funny you say that.
I haven't seen any of it but am hearing people mostly saying he blitzed Hillary ???

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Pi wrote:
looking at it live, Trump looks way out of his depth, so badly he may get a sympathy vote

http://abcnews.go.com/Live/video/special-live-1-14476486

I only saw the last 45 minutes, but that's certainly the impression I got – he was rambly, unfocused, overly defensive and said some absolutely jaw-dropping stuff (China should invade North Korea!), while she wiped the floor with him on policy depth and sheer rhetoric. Of course, there'll always be diehards on either side who'll claim it as a win for their preferred candidate; but if you want a sense of who performed better, compare the muted response on pro-Trump sites like Breitbart compared to the coverage elsewhere. They know it went badly for him*.

*Of course, Trump could have mumbled incoherently for 90 minutes or taken a dump on stage and his poll numbers might go up. American politics has long since left planet Earth and was most recently seen orbiting Neptune. I've given up trying to predict how this will pan out.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:20 pm

^

Like you I only saw the last half, apparently he was better in the first couple of minutes, the confused supercilious look on his face made him seem like a gormless idiot. The absence of a crowd to work will harm his 'performances'

Hillary robot , 3 votes Smile

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Watched most of it. I, who picked Trump to win the Presidency only yesterday, was put back into the "now I don't know" place by a stunning performance by Clinton. She killed Trump.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Hillary looked like she knew the questions already, very polished. Thing is, that's her weakness so who knows how it'll play. Polls seem to be backing a Trump win but I haven't watched it yet so who knows.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:23 pm

I think Thing is a lot of things.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:58 pm

See how the polls go.

Interesting as I understand it, Clinton went full on attack and Trump barely swung back. Lots of material he could have used if he wanted to make it an insult fest, but he didn't.

Policy detail only matters to analysts and people who think they make fact based rational decisions, so that aspect won't have changed anyone's opinion. It's the subliminal stuff that matters more, so we'll see what happens to the polls and whether either change tactics in round 2. Hillary may have thrown all her punches in the first round.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:43 pm

From what I've read most pundits including republicans gave it to Clinton on points. But clearly on points. His tax evasion will continue to be exploited. He won't win the minority votes & it will depend of course on how many turn up to vote. Donalds problems will be how far a narcassist like him is willing to listen to advice
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:30 pm

David wrote:
he was rambly, unfocused, overly defensive and said some absolutely jaw-dropping stuff (China should invade North Korea!)

Yep he got that wrong North Korea ( or anyone else for that matter) should do the world a favour and obliterate China!!!! And if they have anything left Vietnam too!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 pm

Considering humankind's broader treatment of animals, perhaps you should be calling for Kim Jung-un to obliterate every country on earth. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige (and if not, Trump can always lend a helping hand). Shocked
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 am

On SBS The Feed just now, re the debate:

Jerry Springer apparently tweeted: Clinton should be president & Trump should be on my show Laughing Laughing

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:27 am

David wrote:
I'm kind of torn on the Hitler analogies. On the one hand, it's totally ridiculous ...

Evidence for this claim, please.

What is the differences between Trump and Hitler, as you see them? What, exactly, is ridiculous?

Given the overwhelming similarities between the two characters - in particular, their extraordinary shared ability to simultaneously be seen as warm, funny, charming leaders with great personal magnetism and mouth nothing but grossly self-contradictory, rambling, incoherent nonsense - what makes you believe that the differences are significant?

We have this strange ingrained belief - a dogma in fact - that Hitler was uniquely evil. He wasn't. Hitler's evil wasn't all that different to the evil of a hundred other leaders. He did more harm than most because (a) he had more power than most leaders get, and (b) because people believed in him, because people suspended their rational facilities and happily ignored his daily inconsistencies and constant repeated lies. They just believed, regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

The one thing that made Hitler really dangerous was his ability to attract followers who liked and trusted him regardless of all reason. He hypnotised people by the million, and they didn't care that nearly everything he said was wrong and nutty and known to be wrong. They just liked believing in him, and they did just that.

Now tell me again that Trump is different. Tell me how and why.

For bonus points, tell me why Trump isn't Putin.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:34 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809204/Most-snap-polls-Trump-winning-debate-landslide.html

Almost all polls I've seen have Trump the winner. One outlier poll decided that polling 23% Republicans was fine.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

Oh FFS, those were online polls. You'd have to be a moron to take seriously an online poll busily counting clicks and robots. Or, of course, a Trump supporter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 89 of 148   

Jump to: