Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is so good he can run his company and the com um country at the same time. Still building the wall I see. The similarities between Hitler and Trump are real.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:17 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
^^People loved it when it was all against Hilary and now it's against Trump somehow it's bad and should be stopped. Sorry I disagree swoop, we can't have it both ways and this is just the start. Laughing

Trump had as much or more mud slung his way during the election campaign I would have thought by many media outlets.

Of course a lot of that was of his own doing because he's a doofus but balance is still required and importantly proof if outlandish allegations are to be made.

Don't underestimate the Donald.

Quote:
HE’S finally done it. A week from his inauguration, President-elect Donald Trump has managed to send segments of the media into a credibility-destroying rage spiral.

The decision by BuzzFeed to publish a 35-page dossier on Trump didn’t just stretch the merits of journalistic integrity; it tore it to shreds, set it on fire and then urinated all over its smouldering remains.

The saga elevated fake news to a new level. Multiple media outlets have had the infamous dossier for months and have devoted considerable resources to verify its contents which include explosive claims of bizarre sexual escapades, secret deals and Russian interference. Despite the insatiable appetite for anti-Trump material, and the best efforts of journalists to establish the veracity of the salacious information, no one was able to verify a thing and thus no one published other than a CNN report about a two-page synopsis being presented to President Barack Obama and Trump that made no mention of the dossier’s contents.

Then along came cat video purveyors BuzzFeed and without establishing a single fact published the entire document to the world.

BuzzFeed’s editor-in-chief, Ben Smith, who has previously railed against fake news, rationalised the decision to publish material “prepared for political opponents of Trump” despite admitting that “there is serious reason to doubt the allegations.”

The mainstream media in the US is trusted less than politicians and used car salesmen. This is a massive own goal for the media and what it does to their credibility is that when Trump does stuff up and they report it, it will be dismissed as more biased BS (except by the haters who believe every negative thing about him they read)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/rita-panahi-whining-media-playing-straight-into-donald-trumps-hands/news-story/df3f7d409be39ccc484c56894896a39f

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 pm

BuzzFeed is a crap outlet degrading modern journalism. That isn't news.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:55 pm

David wrote:
BuzzFeed is a crap outlet degrading modern journalism. That isn't news.

Or as Trump said: "BuzzFeed is a failing pile of garbage"

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:26 pm

^ Actually, they're depressingly successful, and their model of churnalism will long outlast America's experiment with Trump-style fascism.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 am

Conservatives are idiots?

https://youtu.be/PROOdB-Slpc

Chad on why Trump got voted in

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

He's largely spot on about the sneering from the Liberal elite and Hollywood celebrities who seem out of touch with everyday people.

I don't think Trump is the solution to the complex problems facing the USA, but he's a symptom of long-term grievances from a large section of the American community who are disenfranchised and disillusioned.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:56 pm

^ I don't disagree with him about celebrities, but guys like that are just as out of touch with the reality of the average African-American, or second-generation US immigrant, or any number of demographics you could think of. The trouble is that people like that think that they own the country and can't accept that they're just one group among many.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:27 pm

C'mon, David, Trump got 8% of the black vote. He obviously resonates with them, too.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:53 pm

David wrote:
^ I don't disagree with him about celebrities, but guys like that are just as out of touch with the reality of the average African-American, or second-generation US immigrant, or any number of demographics you could think of. The trouble is that people like that think that they own the country and can't accept that they're just one group among many.

Ummmm, have a think about that. It has wide cross application. Wink Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:58 pm

^ I don't know precisely what you're implying, but yes, everyone in the US as well as here needs to accept that they live in a melting pot. A bit of walking a mile in others' shoes from time to time wouldn't hurt, whether that's a white guy in a cowboy hat from Alabama or a queer Muslim woman from Oregon.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/tv-comedy/alec-baldwin-returns-to-snl-to-mock-trumps-pee-pee-moment-20170115-gtryq7.html

Laughing
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:17 pm

David wrote:
churnalism.

This could be the greatest word I've read in a good while Very Happy

I am unsure how Trump could make the USA any more fascist, at least on a corporate level.

MM

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:37 pm

I thought this was a joke, but it looks legit:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/one-nation-leader-pauline-hanson-invited-to-donald-trumps-presidential-inauguration-20170115-gts12a.html

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Great article I saw on twitter about the decline of journalism

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/opinion/peter-judd-those-who-break-the-news-shouldnt-make-the-news/news-story/cbd9aa9304a2fa919bb35f5cb510d732

I'll leave aside the obvious about a journalist decrying the lack of objectivity writing an opinion piece and the "stuck in the past" insinuation, i reckon these are standards we should demand from main stream journalism.

If you want to give your opinion, make sure it's labelled as an opinion piece not news. If you're reporting news, it should be a factual report with zero personal or editorial bias.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 143 of 148   

Jump to: