Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:51 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3784098/Hillary-Clinton-s-doctor-revealed-68-year-old-pneumonia.html

Collapsed and had to be held up after bailing out on a 9/11 tribute. Talk of her being replaced as candidate.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Wokko wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3784098/Hillary-Clinton-s-doctor-revealed-68-year-old-pneumonia.html

Collapsed and had to be held up after bailing out on a 9/11 tribute. Talk of her being replaced as candidate.

I'm far more on the side of "good on her for attending this event when not feeling 100%" side..... Rolling Eyes

If she didn't attend, she would have been "murdered" by the right winged press and media like Fox news. Total bloody utter hypocrites as per usual... Rolling Eyes

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Are you serious? It's got nothing to do with attending the event, she's unfit to govern. She's been hiding from the press for almost a year, is constantly collapsing or taking huge breaks during events and debates. If it was fine to question the health of McCain and Cheney then her suffering blood clots, memory loss, seizures, pneumonia and whatever else is certainly relevant. They tried to make Trump's health an issue... not looking like such a wise move.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Wokko wrote:

This is going to exacerbate the rumours that she's not medically fit to become president if she's elected.

I doubt she'll be replaced, but hypothetically if she was who would replace her? Bernie Sanders?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Wokko wrote:
Are you serious? It's got nothing to do with attending the event, she's unfit to govern. She's been hiding from the press for almost a year, is constantly collapsing or taking huge breaks during events and debates. If it was fine to question the health of McCain and Cheney then her suffering blood clots, memory loss, seizures, pneumonia and whatever else is certainly relevant. They tried to make Trump's health an issue... not looking like such a wise move.

It's coming up to nearly 300 days in two to three weeks since she last held a press conference.

Not a good look for a presidential nominee.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

This is going to exacerbate the rumours that she's not medically fit to become president if she's elected.

I doubt she'll be replaced, but hypothetically if she was who would replace her? Bernie Sanders?

Pretty unlikely – more likely that the Democratic Party would draft in a 'mainstream' alternative like Joe Biden, or else Tim Kaine would just run in her stead (which would make his selection as VP even dumber than it already was). There'd be a huge push for Bernie (and his supporters would go apeshit if he didn't get picked), but I don't think the party powerbrokers would want him.

Given Clinton's unpopularity, hard to know what impact replacing her would be. I have a feeling it would work in Trump's favour simply because whoever replaced her would be lower profile and someone voters would take a lot longer to get used to. A lot of the Republican-leaning swing voters who are considering voting for her might reconsider if she was replaced with someone to her left (which is pretty much anyone) or someone seen as a less safe pair of hands.

But let's face it, I'm sure she has access to the best medicine in the country and will make it through to November. Whether she can serve eight years is another question.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:29 pm

David wrote:
But let's face it, I'm sure she has access to the best medicine in the country and will make it through to November. Whether she can serve eight years is another question.

Yep it's a total given that she will be up for election in November.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:41 pm

I think if they replaced her they could only get the new name on about 25 State's ballots.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
David wrote:

Yep it's a total given that she will be up for election in November.

She'll be up for election, but the question to the voters will be whether she has the health to last 4 years or if they are voting for her VP as president by proxy.

Once you're around 70, your health can take a bad turn quickly. The fact that both candidates are so aged is a worry overall for mine.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:49 pm

When is candidates so aged not a worry for his or hers are so aged is a worry?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Trump wishing Hillary all the best in her health recovery.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/775291384714539008

Trump reveals that he had a physical and he will release the results this week.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/775290508126019584

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:30 am

^ Haha. Speaking of health, how can we possibly forget Trump's totally fake medical letter? The guy could be three days away from heart failure for all we know.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:30 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37376925
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Some of Trump's recent announcements are interesting.

Looking at a childcare tax rebate, stating that the contraceptive pill should be available at pharmacies without a prescription and promising to put a levee on Ford vehicles if the move manufacturing to Mexico and want to import them back into the US.

He also linked his plan to screen muslims to protecting LGBTI and women.

I thought the democrats were supposed to be the socially progressive ones. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 86 of 148   

Jump to: