Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Not to me you won't. Razz

WPT misses the point because he's acting exactly as outlined.

I'm not defending Trump, I'm observing the reactions to what he says and how it plays out perfectly to script. Razz Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:32 am

So, Hilary and Obama founded Isis. You do learn new things every day.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Idiotic statement by Trump. It's not hard to find online from reliable publications that the group as we know it today was founded by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi in approximately 1999 (pre-Iraq invasion), although the group's rise coincides with the invasion.

Although, Trump could have easily stated that the timing of the US' decision to withdraw from Iraq under the Obama administration coincided with ISIS' re-emergence along with the Syrian Civil War that started in 2011 after the group was largely decimated in the late 2000s.

Plus he could have mentioned or at the very least hinted at the US' close alliance with the likes of Saudi Arabia and Turkey that may have also contributed to the rise of the group and backing the so-called 'moderate' forces in Syria where the mis-direction of arms has occurred and some members of these groups have defected to more hardline Sunni-jihadist groups in the process.

Last edited by Jezza on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:59 pm

All of which would, if true, indicate possible failure of international-relations strategies intended to limit the spread of terrorism, not a deliberate strategy to encourage it.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
All of which would, if true, indicate possible failure of international-relations strategies intended to limit the spread of terrorism, not a deliberate strategy to encourage it.

Yes, precisely.

Although, the conspiracy theories that ISIS was a CIA or Mossad creation won't go away either though.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Clinton Foundation being probed by FBI and a State Prosecutor.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

Preet Bharara doesn't **** around either, went after Wall Street.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Wokko wrote:
Clinton Foundation being probed by FBI and a State Prosecutor.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

Preet Bharara doesn't **** around either, went after Wall Street.

Good to see.

Clinton's getting a free ride at the moment due to Trump's loose cannon behaviour.

I'm also looking forward to more leaks from Assange and WikiLeaks about the Clinton campaign and her indiscretions that have mainly gone unscrutinised by the media and the wider public.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Jezza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Idiotic statement by Trump. It's not hard to find online from reliable publications that the group as we know it today was founded by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi in approximately 1999 (pre-Iraq invasion), although the group's rise coincides with the invasion.

Although, Trump could have easily stated that the timing of the US' decision to withdraw from Iraq under the Obama administration coincided with ISIS' re-emergence along with the Syrian Civil War that started in 2011 after the group was largely decimated in the late 2000s.

Plus he could have mentioned or at the very least hinted at the US' close alliance with the likes of Saudi Arabia and Turkey that may have also contributed to the rise of the group and backing the so-called 'moderate' forces in Syria where the mis-direction of arms has occurred and some members of these groups have defected to more hardline Sunni-jihadist groups in the process.

He was quizzed on this, it appears that's exactly what he meant, but chose interesting phrasing. Rather than saying that the conditions the US created with the withdrawal from Iraq contributed to or even caused ISIS to emerge, he's made the link more direct by saying that with those actions, Obama founded ISIS and he's adamant about it even when given the opportunity to pull back and state it differently..

I'm actually intrigued at why he chose that specific wording. may come out in the wash, may not.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Not to me you won't. Razz

WPT misses the point because he's acting exactly as outlined.

I'm not defending Trump, I'm observing the reactions to what he says and how it plays out perfectly to script. Razz Laughing

With all due respect you're not a dispassionate observer. You're an active participant. That you don't see it is another matter but your petticoat is showing😉

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 pm

No, you think everyone who doesn't write negative stuff about Trump is automatically a Trump supporter.

I don't necessarily like him or support him (although I don't like Clinton), I like looking at the picture from a distance and winding up the people who actually do have passion against him, because that's fun.

My main interest from the start was from reading Scott Adams predictions and explanations using his "master Persuader" filter so I've been looking at things in that way and the boy has some excellent points.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:02 am

stui magpie wrote:
No, you think everyone who doesn't write negative stuff about Trump is automatically a Trump supporter.....

if you're premise is incorrect then it logically follows that your conclusion will be incorrect too.

I hold no such view at all.

However, your eagerness to defend Trump agains what seems to me to be painfully obvious (pandering to the lowest common denominator - the redneck vote to coin a term) means you've taken sides despite saying you're only reflecting etc...

I see what your trying to do but you're petticoat is still showing.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Obviously the use of the term 'founder' is bizarre and head-spinningly wrong, but if we are to accept this as metaphorical language then the real enablers of ISIS were the Bush administration. It was their war that gave them their raison d'etre, and it was their decision to dissolve the Iraqi army that allowed them to sweep into Iraq from Syria.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:50 pm

What makes it so obvious? What specifically brings bizarre and head-spinningly wrong but if we are to accept this as metaphorical language then the real enablers of ISIS were the Bush administration to mind?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:25 pm

With friends like these how could the comb over narcissist lose?

Former New York mayor Rudi Giuliani forgets 9/11 at Donald Trump rally

"Under those eight years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack inside the United States. They all started when Clinton and Obama came into office."

http://www.theage.com.au/world/former-new-york-mayor-rudi-giuliani-forgets-911-in-donald-trump-introduction-20160816-gqtj6z.html

Laughing Laughing

How embarrassment

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:02 am

"Just as we won the Cold War, in part, by exposing the evils of communism and the virtues of free markets, so too must we take on the ideology of Radical Islam.
While my opponent accepted millions of dollars in Foundation donations from countries where being gay is an offense punishable by prison or death, my Administration will speak out against the oppression of women, gays and people of different beliefs."
-Donald J. Trump

Just posted on his Facebook. Such a sexist homophobe though right guys. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 82 of 148   

Jump to: