Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you starting to back your self in a corner Stui?

Another shrill comment Rolling Eyes Razz

Stephen Colbert on Trump (Trump does give so much doesn't he?)

Deconstructing Trump doesn't take too long.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/stephen-colbert-calls-trump-d-bag-on-revived-werd-w432215

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Quote:
Whitmans views on Trump are no surprise. The unsuccessful Republican candidate for governor of California in 2010 compared him to Adolph Hitler and Benito Mussolini at a June meeting in Utah of Republican donors and executives and helped bankroll an anti-Trump super-Pac this Spring. She is close to 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney, the sponsor of that meeting, where she also reportedly indicated that she would probably be supporting Clinton.

Good call, it most definitely is. A shrill dummy spit if ever I saw one. Wink

Think you missed most of the article there Stui:

Just to remind you:

"...But few, if any, Republicans as prominent and financially potent as Whitman have gone so far to defect to Trumps Democratic opponent, who she praised for her experience and stable and aspirational leadership.

Whitman is the C.E.O. of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and former C.E.O. of eBay.
..."

Enjoy... Wink Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Are you starting to back your self in a corner Stui?

Another shrill comment Rolling Eyes Razz

nah, no corner, no backing. Laughing

I have no emotional investment in this at all, I'm just an interested onlooker Razz Cool Laughing

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Serious question - does he really want to become President?

All along I've thought he was " having a laugh" and never quite expected it to get this far - I'm not sure he actually gives a fck one way or another Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Morrigu wrote:

All along I've thought he was " having a laugh" and never quite expected it to get this far - I'm not sure he actually gives a fck one way or another Razz

hard to read. I wouldn't be surprised if it started out as a shits and giggles PR gig, but I reckon he's serious now it's close enough to taste.

I also do think he could be a very good POTUS, he could also be an absolute disaster and anywhere in between.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:

I reckon a determining factor is that Trump is such a narcissist & was so put out by Obama all those years ago when Obama (quite rightly) publicly mocked Trump for his support of the Birth Certificate fabrication put out by the extreme nutters that used to go by the name of the tea party. Basically perpetuating the myth that Obama is a muslim:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?299256-1/2011-white-house-correspondents-dinner

I reckon he certainly gives a f*ck - you don't spend all that money, time & energy to not give a f*ck. But it's a good rationalisation.

Having said that narcissism isn't confined to Trump alone but he certainly seems to personify it judging by his behaviour so far.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:26 am

There's bounce & there's bounce. This website is an average & aggregates a number of polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Up till & including 3/8/16:

Clinton 5.9% ahead. That's an average of a number of polls - Fox gave her 10%.

Now this is tending in the right direction and as time progresses so too does Clinton's lead over the combover.

Still much water to pass under the bridge, can't catch your chickens before they hatch, he who laughs last laughs ........last...

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:32 am

Go Julian!

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/dnc-information-come-says-wikileaks-founder/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:14 am

Swing states showing bad news for Trump (according to an Age report) but originally published by the Washington Post:

"...A difficult week for Donald Trump has gotten tougher with the release of several new polls in swing states showing him trailing Hillary Clinton by wide margins"...

http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-election/swing-state-polls-mirror-the-national-trend-donald-trumps-campaign-is-wobbling-20160804-gqlhxz.html

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:52 am

watt price tully wrote:
Swing states showing bad news for Trump (according to an Age report) but originally published by the Washington Post:

"...A difficult week for Donald Trump has gotten tougher with the release of several new polls in swing states showing him trailing Hillary Clinton by wide margins"...

http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-election/swing-state-polls-mirror-the-national-trend-donald-trumps-campaign-is-wobbling-20160804-gqlhxz.html

Still wouldn't write off Trump, he is the almighty comeback King after all.

The fat lady hasn't even started warning up her voice yet. A very long way to go in this totally bloody unpredictable, gaffe (from both sides) prone election.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

This is what I love about this election, Trump just totally shit the bed out of nowhere. Laughing What I want to know is who are these people who get polled who change their vote based on whatever media story is running at the time? I find it completely absurd that up to 20% of the electorate is just blowing in the wind day to day. Will those obviously uninformed and easily led people actually bother to get out and vote?

A long way to go in a surprisingly short period of time now, strap in and enjoy the ride because there's nothing any of us can do about it. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Still wouldn't write off Trump, he is the almighty comeback King after all.

The fat lady hasn't even started warning up her voice yet. A very long way to go in this totally bloody unpredictable, gaffe (from both sides) prone election.

Ain't no one writin' no body off in this here parts. A lot of water to go under the bridge. At the same time it is nice to see the combover get some comeuppance

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Why facts don't matter to Trump supporters:

....Unless great care is taken, any effort to debunk misinformation can inadvertently reinforce the very myths one seeks to correct.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-facts-dont-matter-to-trumps-supporters/2016/08/04/924ece4a-5a78-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:31 pm

watt price tully wrote:
facts don't matter to voters

There ya go, tidied it up for you. Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
facts don't matter to voters

There ya go, tidied it up for you. Razz Wink

Laughing Laughing

(actually, thought you'd like the article)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 80 of 148   

Jump to: