Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley runs rings around Paul Roos!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

themonk wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
Clearly Buckley is > than Roos, clearly, clearly he is.

Roos is a premiership coach, let's call it at the end of their careers.

The issue is can Roos coach for this era? I say the evidence is clearly NO. Can anyone really say Melbourne has improved under Roos? Anyone who watches AFL360 knows that Roos is a waffler, pure and simple. He says a lot of exactly nothing. From what I have seen of Bucks, everything he says is relevant, especially when he owns Robbo as some people have said. Last Monday night was a classic example of Roos being shown out of his depth with the kind of expert video analysis of the game provided by Bucks. Nathan Buckley actually stepped in several times and bailed Roos out when he was obviously floundering. As someone else said, he owes Bucks one.

No doubt Roos is a good people person, but these days you have to be strategical as well to be a successful coach. Nathan Buckley has proven the doubters wrong so far and I believe with the base of great kids we have coming through a premiership or two is on the horizon. Remember that at this time in 2010 no one would have tipped us to win the flag.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 pm

I think Roos is an excellent coach and I am convinced Melbourne have improved. As far as AFL 360 goes Bucks communicates better. Bucks is the best communicator of all the coaches in public.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:50 pm

John Wren wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Golden Gordon you remind me of someone.

a dog's tale.

It's got that feel about it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:57 pm

roos is going to achieve what bucks hasn't been able to do this year.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:08 pm

John Wren wrote:
roos is going to achieve what bucks hasn't been able to do this year.

Beat Geelong or miss the 8?

Bucks gets another crack at Geelong.

PS I'm no Roos hater, he is clearly a good coach.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:09 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Paul Roos is way over-rated. On the other hand, our Bucks is way under-rated...but this will change when he wins us 3 flags in the next decade. Go Pies!

Beat the Cats at sleepy hollow today.
Premiership coach ... yeh he is a dud.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Geelong has been very up and down this year,so maybe we should be talking about Chris Scott and not Paul Roos?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:36 pm

It's a stupid thread title but what else can we expect from Jack Spain?

This is not a competition between Bucks & Roos & only a fool would compare the two.

Bucks was mighty impressive on 360 the other night & is generally impressive when talking to the media.

Roos is a premiership coach who has lot of decent things to say - hard to do when your team is losing a lot of the time. Roos is starting to turn his team around albeit slowly. Even more impressive is that the Dees won at Kardinia Park.

Let's hope we win this week - only 4 sleeps to go.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Melbourne must've found a white knight to pay their phone bill this week.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
themonk wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

The issue is can Roos coach for this era? I say the evidence is clearly NO. Can anyone really say Melbourne has improved under Roos? Anyone who watches AFL360 knows that Roos is a waffler, pure and simple. He says a lot of exactly nothing. From what I have seen of Bucks, everything he says is relevant, especially when he owns Robbo as some people have said. Last Monday night was a classic example of Roos being shown out of his depth with the kind of expert video analysis of the game provided by Bucks. Nathan Buckley actually stepped in several times and bailed Roos out when he was obviously floundering. As someone else said, he owes Bucks one.

No doubt Roos is a good people person, but these days you have to be strategical as well to be a successful coach. Nathan Buckley has proven the doubters wrong so far and I believe with the base of great kids we have coming through a premiership or two is on the horizon. Remember that at this time in 2010 no one would have tipped us to win the flag.

Absolutely, 100% yes they have improved since Roos took over. If you can't see that you're completely blind.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Stupied wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:
themonk wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Absolutely, 100% yes they have improved since Roos took over. If you can't see that you're completely blind.

I agree they've improved but the pertinent question for me is would this improvement have come anyway given the numbers of quality kids they've added?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:
themonk wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

I agree they've improved but the pertinent question for me is would this improvement have come anyway given the numbers of quality kids they've added?

not so sure jackcass. would a jack watts of today be better placed than a jack watts of 2010 or whenever he started? i'd say he would have been a better product if he started in this current regime. lynden dunn is a good example of someone who has improved his game under roos.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Roos is a very good coach.
The Dees are definitely improving.

But really, who cares?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Good win by the deeees, and enhances our win over them too, they have improved under Roos, but can they sustiain it overtime, they still have the habit of putting is shockers.
The REAL thing to come outa that game was that the great, nearly unending era of the invincible Cats is well an truly over, they look tired, old, and their young kids, aside from a couple, are not good at all. The ageing Pussies are gone at last, now if we can just get rid of the ageing hawks and swans, and the Clockers too. ! Give it time, the young Pies have time on our side ! Razz Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:
themonk wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

not so sure jackcass. would a jack watts of today be better placed than a jack watts of 2010 or whenever he started? i'd say he would have been a better product if he started in this current regime. lynden dunn is a good example of someone who has improved his game under roos.

Lyndon Dunne always had some talent, just lacked application. But 2014 was his 10th in the system at just over 100 games. I'm not too sure telling a player this will be his last at the club unless he delivers constitutes great coaching.

And I'm not saying Roos isn't a good coach. I'm just curious about how much of their improvement would have occured under any other coach. I said at the time their list was primed. Said the same about Port, been saying the same about the Doggies.

Now Richo at the Saints I think deserves credit as he turned their list upside down and they're now headed in the right direction. The Roos, Hinkly, Beveridge types have just walked into their clubs and continued the hard work of their predesessors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: