Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#12 Matt Scharenberg

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the lad is an introvert and until he declares his hand re 2016 lets cut him some slack.
malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:08 pm

If he wants to go then no bloody wonder with the rubbish been spoken here. The guy has had such a hard time of it physically, let him learn his body again. If he has no issues over the pre season, you just wait and see. How many players have had amazing games after spending nearly 2 years on the sidelines. No even abblett showed much. He is a kid and he needs support from us not some assumption about his attitude. Amazing how people judge others without really knowing anything about them.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 pm

malteaser wrote:
If he wants to go then no bloody wonder with the rubbish been spoken here. The guy has had such a hard time of it physically, let him learn his body again. If he has no issues over the pre season, you just wait and see. How many players have had amazing games after spending nearly 2 years on the sidelines. No even abblett showed much. He is a kid and he needs support from us not some assumption about his attitude. Amazing how people judge others without really knowing anything about them.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is the fact that for well over a year the club has been trying to sit down with he and his manager to work out a contract extension, but he has kept on stalling, first saying he wanted to wait until he'd recovered, then this became wait until he started playing in the seniors, and then the latest was to wait until this season is over. That may not piss you off, but the comparison with players like De Goey and Moore who declared their commitment to our club, is black and white. I don't buy all this shy bullshit. He strikes me as a kid who is up himself, who thinks he can dictate to our club, despite all the support and assistance we've shown him. I don't want players like that in our club.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

The only thing I'm annoyed about is the fact that for well over a year the club has been trying to sit down with he and his manager to work out a contract extension, but he has kept on stalling, first saying he wanted to wait until he'd recovered, then this became wait until he started playing in the seniors, and then the latest was to wait until this season is over. That may not piss you off, but the comparison with players like De Goey and Moore who declared their commitment to our club, is black and white. I don't buy all this shy bullshit. He strikes me as a kid who is up himself, who thinks he can dictate to our club, despite all the support and assistance we've shown him. I don't want players like that in our club.

you could not be further from the truth if you had tried. try not to be disparaging just because he is not behaving in the way you would like him to.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:16 pm

[quote="John Wren"]
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

The only thing I'm annoyed about is the fact that for well over a year the club has been trying to sit down with he and his manager to work out a contract extension, but he has kept on stalling, first saying he wanted to wait until he'd recovered, then this became wait until he started playing in the seniors, and then the latest was to wait until this season is over. That may not piss you off, but the comparison with players like De Goey and Moore who declared their commitment to our club, is black and white. I don't buy all this shy bullshit. He strikes me as a kid who is up himself, who thinks he can dictate to our club, despite all the support and assistance we've shown him. I don't want players like that in our club.[/quote]

you could not be further from the truth if you had tried.

Enlighten me.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

you could not be further from the truth if you had tried. try not to be disparaging just because he is not behaving in the way you would like him to.

Guess you Know Matt. So let us know what you know then IF you going to make Comments like that

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

Guess you Know Matt. So let us know what you know then IF you going to make Comments like that

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Anyone know if he has purchased Copeland Trophy tickets Wink

Let's just wait and see. Would be disappointing if we lost him without seeing what he can become. Pick 6 is a lot to invest in a player.

Maybe he's off home and with his mate Aish? Let's hope they can both find a home at Collingwood with their Carnival-winning mates Grundy, Broomhead and Kennedy.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:00 pm

[quote="RudeBoy"]
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

The only thing I'm annoyed about is the fact that for well over a year the club has been trying to sit down with he and his manager to work out a contract extension, but he has kept on stalling, first saying he wanted to wait until he'd recovered, then this became wait until he started playing in the seniors, and then the latest was to wait until this season is over. That may not piss you off, but the comparison with players like De Goey and Moore who declared their commitment to our club, is black and white. I don't buy all this shy bullshit. He strikes me as a kid who is up himself, who thinks he can dictate to our club, despite all the support and assistance we've shown him. I don't want players like that in our club.[/quote]

Enlighten me.

Scharenberg is just being smart. Like the Ricky Nelson character in the film Rio Bravo. Nelson's boss is killed and the Sheriff (john Wayne) needs him as one of his deputies to fight the bad guys. But Nelson won't commit until he weighs everything up. Rather than condemn him the John Wayne character complements Nelson for having the brains to work things out for himself before he commits.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:07 pm

[quote="BucksIsFutureCoach"]
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

Enlighten me.

Scharenberg is just being smart. Like the Ricky Nelson character in the film Rio Bravo. Nelson's boss is killed and the Sheriff (john Wayne) needs him as one of his deputies to fight the bad guys. But Nelson won't commit until he weighs everything up. Rather than condemn him the John Wayne character complements Nelson for having the brains to work things out for himself before he commits.

So you're saying that Darcy Moore, De Goey and Maynard are dumb?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:19 pm

[quote="RudeBoy"]
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

Enlighten me.

No. Each person has his own issues to weigh up. Moore and De Goey are locals who played together in the TAC. No brainer there as to where they want to play. Maynard doesn't have the same high profile that Scharenberg has, so wouldn't be guaranteed a game with another club. Also, his father made his name in the SANFL, so maybe Maynard prefers to try to make a name for himself playing in Victoria. As for Scharenberg, he comes to Collingwood with stress fractures to the feet, then does an ACL near the end of his first season. Near the end of his second season he breaks into the senior side and doesn't quite have the stamina to hold onto his spot. He's doing all his rehab away from his family in SA. In between feeling homesick and unsure about his worth in the team, I imagine he would be weighing up the terms of any short term or long term contract that the club presents him with. He would be silly not to.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 pm

[quote="BucksIsFutureCoach"]
RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
malteaser wrote:

Enlighten me.

No. Each person has his own issues to weigh up. Moore and De Goey are locals who played together in the TAC. No brainer there as to where they want to play. Maynard doesn't have the same high profile that Scharenberg has, so wouldn't be guaranteed a game with another club. Also, his father made his name in the SANFL, so maybe Maynard prefers to try to make a name for himself playing in Victoria. As for Scharenberg, he comes to Collingwood with stress fractures to the feet, then does an ACL near the end of his first season. Near the end of his second season he breaks into the senior side and doesn't quite have the stamina to hold onto his spot. He's doing all his rehab away from his family in SA. In between feeling homesick and unsure about his worth in the team, I imagine he would be weighing up the terms of any short term or long term contract that the club presents him with. He would be silly not to.

Troll alert. Shocked Too rational for this blog.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:37 am

I wonder if anyone will ever ask Freeman what he wants to do next year or if the club will every try and sit down with him.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:01 am

I'm with you on Shezza RB. This is a case where there is no transparency and as a result, all we can do is to speculate. I agree with your speculation FWIW..... Rolling Eyes
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:16 pm

One of my other part time jobs is with a phone company and Matt came into our store this morning - I overheard the consultant discussing a new phone and plan (he is getting an iPhone 6)

One of the questions she asked was about national calls which he replied that he contacts his friends and family in Adelaide a lot at the moment but from the end of October he wont need to make many calls to there...

From that information, I gather his family and friends are moving to Victoria to be closer to him. They seem like such a nice bunch of people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 48 of 94   

Jump to: