Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#12 Matt Scharenberg

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:
A young up and coming Ruckman by the name of Brodie Grundy missed a huge whack of football as well. Cemented the number 1 ruck spot by the end of the year. I wouldn't be worried about Scharenberg just yet. You don't often draft a ready to go player that high in the draft.

A few years ago, a young magpie named Dawes missed a fair bit of his first season and ended up being a premiership player.... Rolling Eyes

And what a player he was Rolling Eyes

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:
A young up and coming Ruckman by the name of Brodie Grundy missed a huge whack of football as well. Cemented the number 1 ruck spot by the end of the year. I wouldn't be worried about Scharenberg just yet. You don't often draft a ready to go player that high in the draft.

A few years ago, a young magpie named Dawes missed a fair bit of his first season and ended up being a premiership player.... Rolling Eyes

And what a player he was Rolling Eyes

oh dear....
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Rated him the second best player in the draft behind Boyd so wouldn't care if he misses the whole season. He is an absolute beauty so the wait will be worth it.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Beast wrote:
Rated him the second best player in the draft behind Boyd so wouldn't care if he misses the whole season. He is an absolute beauty so the wait will be worth it.

Highly and consistently rated.
Happy to give him as much time as he needs to give him every chance of long term success.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:00 am

Bit too early for regrets don't you think.

Lets see how he comes back from injury and manages to get a few games in first eh?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 am

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

And then we gave him the arse after 1 poor season, and have spent the last 2 draft trying to find a replacement from bits and pieces 2nd rounders.

Hopefully young mate gets more of a go

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Beast wrote:

^^^ See, this is why I like Beast's posts - he has his beef or two with the Club about how certain things are going but he isn't thoroughgoingly negative about everything Collingwood does. Some of the rest of you could take a leaf out of his book.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

It certainly isn't ideal to have our prized draftee off the park but we went into this knowing he would likely need surgery, if it drags on into the latter part of this season I'll start to worry.

Does anyone have an update on his ailment?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Apparently he is off crutches and hoping to start some training in a couple of weeks.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:01 pm

He's still listed as "indefinite" on the Club's official injury report as of yesterday afternoon. Given what is inevitably going to be a late, slow and careful start (at best) to his playing career, I don't expect to see him make any starts at senior level this year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He's still listed as "indefinite" on the Club's official injury report as of yesterday afternoon. Given what is inevitably going to be a late, slow and careful start (at best) to his playing career, I don't expect to see him make any starts at senior level this year.

That was said about Grundy Last Year and Looked what he Delivered

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

If that's what the injury list says, he could be 6 foot under, not foot surgery recovery.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Spoke to him at the Season's launch 2-3 weeks ago. He seems a fine young man btw. He told me that he expected to be playing VFL footy by the mid May.
I disagree with you, I reckon he will play seniors at some stage this season.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm

The kid drops to 6 in the draft because of injury concerns - so the simple question is - do we care that an otherwise top 3 draft pick may need 12 months to be 100% fit.

I say HELL NO.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Scharenberg GreatReply with quote

dalyc wrote:
Hi all, the lasts two paragraphs of this article makes me wonder whether we're regretting picking shazza at 6. I hope we haven't stuffed it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-integrity-crackdown-spreads-to-parttime-recruiting-scouts-20140323-hvltd.html

Yet another member who wants to complain with nothing positive to say, such as who they believe we should have picked. Do us all a favour dalyc and get yourself a hobby.

BTW two years ago a current AFL Coach said of Scharenberg " He is the best I have seen since Wayne Carey."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 3 of 94   

Jump to: