Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Does Adam Oxley remind you a bit of Jack Gunston?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

why do we keep trying to compare our players to hawthorn players. does it make them better players if they resemble someone at Hawthorn???
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm

^^^ Sidey reminds me of John Platten, except for the hair, the physical shape and Sidey's inability to run out of sight on a dark night. (He's still my favourite player, though).
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:37 pm

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adam-oxley-another-queenslander-to-join-the-magpies-ranks/story-fnelctok-1226537925357

Article was two and half years ago and indicates how shrewd Dekka is. Says a half back/wing role should suit him fine and that's what's happening!

ps: ignore his optimistic Clinton Young suggestion

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:39 am

Tannin wrote:
He had a serious illness a year or two back, glandular fever I think it was, and that sets your body building back by about 18 months.

Couldn't agree more. When I was a young bloke aged 21 in 1974, I had a case of glandular fever (the Yanks call it mononucleosis, which sounds much more dramatic), also known as the "kissing disease" - something which has taken many a young man down. Can often lead to the maritalitis, which has been a body blow to many a promising young stud.
When I had it I lost weight and was not allowed to drink (alcohol) for 2 months. Since recovering I have put on 25 kgs. Trouble now is no-one except my wife wants to kiss me any more.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

Wouldn't hurt to try and let Oxley play the occasional part as a "swingman"> He has drifted forward this year to take some marks and kick crucial goals. Imagine if we were down in a final, Cloke, White and Elliot have 2 goals between them at the 20 minute mark of the third quarter and our defence and midfield are keeping us in the game and we are only 18 points down.

Bucks does a "Shane Ellen move" and send Ox forward for a mis match on a startled defence!!!!

May be the same result as the Queens Birthday result against the Dees yet he kicks 3 crucial goals. It's good to have plan b or c occasionally.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm

No argument from me there, inxs88. I'd like to see him as a wing/half-back, but happy for him to slip forward now and then for a couple of sausages. Like most half-backs and wingmen, he's probably most dangerous as a forward when he isn't playing forward - i.e., when he slips into the forward line opportunistically rather than starting there from the centre bounce. You see the same with ruckmen: as a rule, they get most of their goals by running forward and marking over some luckless spare defender, rather than by stationing themselves inside 50 such that the defence can reorganise and make sure that they are picked up by a tall.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 pm

E wrote:
why do we keep trying to compare our players to hawthorn players. does it make them better players if they resemble someone at Hawthorn???

HELLO they are premiership players you fool
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Tannin wrote:
No argument from me there, inxs88. I'd like to see him as a wing/half-back, but happy for him to slip forward now and then for a couple of sausages. Like most half-backs and wingmen, he's probably most dangerous as a forward when he isn't playing forward - i.e., when he slips into the forward line opportunistically rather than starting there from the centre bounce. You see the same with ruckmen: as a rule, they get most of their goals by running forward and marking over some luckless spare defender, rather than by stationing themselves inside 50 such that the defence can reorganise and make sure that they are picked up by a tall.

exactly 100% agree. The Bombers should brain wash Carlisle and tell him he really is playing CHB and let him drift forward to kick goals

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
E wrote:

HELLO they are premiership players you fool

So is Blair you moron

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Tannin wrote:

Ideally for mine he'll play the opposite wing to Broomy only I'd expect the Ox to have a more defensive focus. Would allow him to play behind the ball in that intercept roll as well as the freedom to work forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: