Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
...Adam Treloar. I reckon he's the best of the GWS youngsters and the most Pendlebury-like player in the league...aside form the great man himself. A complete player, both inside and out. If we could land him, I for one would be very happy. No way in the world GWS will let this bloke walk...

Yep, if we thought GWS made up bleed for Adams, then a Treloar trade would make us haemorrhage. And I'd say we're out of sacrificial lambs for trade bait, with perhaps a mid-table 1st round pick at our disposal.

Was rather interesting though to see the endeavour both Adams and Shaw showed against their previous clubs, both having substantial influence on the game.
And those Pies supporters who had the audacity to BOO Heath Shaw last sunday... shame, shame, shame...
His was a much different circumstance to squib Wellingham, Butterfingers Dawe$, Dollar Dai$y, Harry O'Whoami and Bear Beam$.
Heath was pushed; the other dogs fled.

Dyso

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Wow! We are the true merchants of death for other sides as far as injury is concerned. It started with the Lions and Rockliff's broken ribs. On Sunday is was Patfull out for two months with broken ribs and a punctured lung (not our fault as one of his own players cleaned him up). But now Mumford has been ruled out for the season requiring an ankle reconstruction.

That makes our run for the finals a little easier as you'd think GWS will slide out of the eight now.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Wow! We are the true merchants of death for other sides as far as injury is concerned. But now Mumford has been ruled out for the season requiring an ankle reconstruction.

That makes our run for the finals a little easier as you'd think GWS will slide out of the eight now.

And they traded Giles, their 2nd string ruckman to Essendon, who can't get a game there, even with Ryder gone to Port Power?!

So James Stewart to ruck out the season for the Oompa Loompas?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Maybe they'll offer us Treloar for Witts and not the other way around.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:08 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Maybe they'll offer us Treloar for Witts and not the other way around.

No deal. We can get Dangerfield as a free agent and won't have to eat into our depth by trading players or picks. I reckon the fact that Sloane has signed with the Crows might mean that they've given up on Dangerfield which enabled them to make Sloane an offer he couldn't refuse. I've also heard that the Cats have said Dangerfield won't be the highest paid player if he comes to Geelong, so I reckon we can make him a bigger cash offer. I also think we really need to keep two quality ruckmen, because if you only have one and. they get injured you're screwed. Remember when Fraser was injured and we had to rely on Guy Richards and Chris Bryan to ruck for us in a final? Embarassed
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 pm

piedys wrote:
Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
...Adam Treloar. I reckon he's the best of the GWS youngsters and the most Pendlebury-like player in the league...aside form the great man himself. A complete player, both inside and out. If we could land him, I for one would be very happy. No way in the world GWS will let this bloke walk...

Yep, if we thought GWS made up bleed for Adams, then a Treloar trade would make us haemorrhage. And I'd say we're out of sacrificial lambs for trade bait, with perhaps a mid-table 1st round pick at our disposal.

Was rather interesting though to see the endeavour both Adams and Shaw showed against their previous clubs, both having substantial influence on the game.
And those Pies supporters who had the audacity to BOO Heath Shaw last sunday... shame, shame, shame...
His was a much different circumstance to squib Wellingham, Butterfingers Dawe$, Dollar Dai$y, Harry O'Whoami and Bear Beam$.

Dyso

Absolutely. Heath Shaw is a Collingwood legend with a special place in our folklore. I didn't realise that Heater was being booed (tbh, I forgot he was playing against us) and that's probably just as well - it would have ruined the day for me. Football supporters are, in many cases, to put it politely, meatheads.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
piedys wrote:
Sir Alan of Didak wrote:

Dyso

Absolutely. Heath Shaw is a Collingwood legend with a special place in our folklore. I didn't realise that Heater was being booed (tbh, I forgot he was playing against us) and that's probably just as well - it would have ruined the day for me. Football supporters are, in many cases, to put it politely, meatheads.

I was pissed off he didn't even kick a single ball out on the full or demonstrably blame others when he f*cked up under pressure.

He'll still be our Heath though.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Doubt Blair comes back in. Even if Fit
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

He barely touched the ball for two years and was an automatic inclusion. Why wouldn't they rush him back when he's playing well?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Watched the replay and thought it was a really good win. The Giants are not an insiginficant team. They have beaten Hawthorn, and they are capable of scaring any team in the competition. The injuries they suffered definitely took their toll in the final quarter, but I thought that we controlled the game very clearly well before. Only in that burst of the second quarter did it appear that the Giants were really threatening us, but what was so pleasing in this game was our rapid response in stabilizing, and then resuming control. I thought our pressure was fantastic, and this was the main reason we looked in control: we simply strangled GWS, and prevented them from playing their rapid, aggressive and fast game. For this reason, our game this week was defensively I think much better than last week against Melbourne. And our midfield was excellent, particularly remembering that GWS has a very dynamic and dangerous one. Taylor Adams showed just how important he is for our team structure.
This was not an insignificant win: I think it was structurally a very pleasing one.
mosig 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
Wow! We are the true merchants of death for other sides as far as injury is concerned. It started with the Lions and Rockliff's broken ribs. On Sunday is was Patfull out for two months with broken ribs and a punctured lung (not our fault as one of his own players cleaned him up). But now Mumford has been ruled out for the season requiring an ankle reconstruction.

I was thinking the same thing... Not all a direct result of our players work (except for ones involving Travis 'the wrecking ball' Varcoe) but there certainly has been a lot of players injured after playing us.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Your in denial Dave. It's a certainty. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 pm

woftam wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Your in denial Dave. It's a certainty. Very Happy

Who to Drop?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

You can dream Dave, think you'll be disappointed though.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 am

The big-issue seller said Dangerfield will come to the Piesland next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: