Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about their injuries. That collision resulting in the # ribs was sickening & poor Davis - how injury prone is he?

Loved Broomheads game today & Toovey's for that matter.

What is disconcerting is how easily we were opened up. A decent side would have been up at 1/2 time against us. They missed many easy shots for goal today.

Loved a lot of the work of our backline today.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Before the final quarter when injuries hurt them, we closed them down with intense pressure, limiting their ability to run and carry. Despite his inability to take marks, Witts was fantastic in the ruck, and a major contributor to our win. I can't remember the last time we won the hit-outs so convincingly. Adams was ferocious all day, White played his best game yet, Crisp was a battering ram, Elliott was Elliott, Cloke was Cloke, Pendles was Pendles, and my only concerns were with the quiet games from Sidey, Seedsman and Fasolo. I thought De Goey was quite good before going off with an injured finder. He did not get a lot of possessions, but his pressure and intelligent play are great assets. He continues to look more at home in the seniors. Overall it was a good win and puts us in a good position to re-load after the break.

Good summation

Faz did take a ripper gutsy mark first up. He is certainly working harder. Seeds doesn't look balanced but he kicked a ripper goal. Sidey still careful of his thumb, (and he cut his hair, bad bad)

Varcoe really playing for the team, was a great game,

But did anyone notice the only scoring noise GWS got was on a point, and that was us because they missed! There must have been all of 100 GWS. Fans at the ground! Weird. Any one know Why the guy with the hyphenated last name was booed?

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Terrific win by the boys today, and the youngsters really stepped up.

Adams, Crisp, Witts, Williams, Broomy, Langdon & Oxley were all very good - that was the really pleasing thing about the win.

And Brown really towelled up Cameron, great performance.

Swanny & Pendles were also good, and I though Varcoe also did well.

Sidey has had a couple of quiet ones in a row now, but its nothing to panic about. My worry is Goldsack. I think he's been pretty ordinary for a few weeks now. Leaves the door open for Reid when he's match fit.

All in all its a great position to be in at the half way mark. If we can split our next four games, it will really set us up for a strong finish.

surfer1 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:02 pm

A few have commented on Faz being a bit quiet. I actually thought he was solid for 4 quarters
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Wow, pretty average post game thread for what was an excellent display of contested footy by both sides.

Was really impressed with the midfield overall; they have been flogged at various times this season, and I thought it was a fantastic display against a very good midfield in GWS.

To shut down their run out of the defensive 50 was a nifty piece of work, and for it to come off the back of great games from the youngsters is even more impressive.

Brown was great on Cameron, and the defensive pressure on the man kicking into the GWS forward 50 was outstanding.

Seedsman had a pretty quiet one I thought, and I wasn't overly impressed by Crisp early on, but he came back like the champ he is proving to be. The next captain of the club, you heard it here first.

Great win

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Fas was great, really tried hard

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm

I thought Seedsman and De Goey were our worst. Paul did not make the most of his repreieve.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:22 pm

I forgot to to congratulate Varcoe for his best game thus far. His speed, lightning handpasses and slick disposals were a delight to watch.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I lost $10 on GWS dammit. Great win and happy I lost my hard earned as I was worried about this game. When GWS were in trouble and under the pump it's remarkable how many of their players went missing. I checked the newspapers on the train on my way home and we won because they were injured. Confused Good time for a bye.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Just in after a long day at work and looking forward to reading about our great display. After all, both teams playing for a top 4 position and a big test for the Pies.

How disappointing that this thread has been hijacked by talk of poor form by certain players, injuries to GWS and let's trade Witts! Did we really win? Yep, we did, I just checked the scores; for a moment there I thought I must have been dreaming.

We sit 8-3 at the bye people; just bask in the glory for a few bloody minutes and keep the Witts trade chatter for a decade down the track.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Pre season if you'd told me we'd be 8-3 come the bye I'd have told you, you were (expletive deleted) fukking mad.

Tremendous performance today and yes we were 8-3 last year as well but I think we are tracking a lot better this year. We now have a highly functioning forward line, manageable injury list, an ability to run out games due to vastly superior fitness, a willingness to keep fighting and a game plan that emphasises a total team buy in and ethic rather than individual brilliance (though that's still there).

Taylor Adams take a bow. This kid is Luke Ball MKII but younger and a better ball winner. Crispy got pantsed by an elite talent in Shiel early but stuck at it and hit the scoreboard and shared the honours. A great effort. Pendles was average ie absolutely elite, Swanny a ball magnet, Marley absolutely superb (and I'll be throwing a fiver on him come Copeland Trophy night as an outside bet), Wittsy battled hard and Jesse White was excellent in his 100th.

I'm loving watching this team develop and the emergence of our young stars (and there's plenty of them going around in the twos as well) is the most satisfying thing of all.

A bloody hard month approaches post bye but this year is wide open and everyone is beatable including friggin Hawthorn. It's time to take some big scalps and I reckon we can do it.

GO PIES!!!

Last edited by Flashman on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Media will give us no Credit and blame all the loss on the Injuries Evil or Very Mad
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:44 pm

I saw the future of football today and it was all black and white.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Here is my Thoughts now I am home:

Adams had his Best Game for the Club. Kicking still can be off at times but very important player in the Contested side of the Game

Crisp started slow but was big late

Witts did a great Job in the Ruck vs Mummy but very quiet around the Ground

Elliot started bad but great Finish

Varcoe had solid game and used ball well

Great to see Cloke Kick Straight in the last Qtr

Seedsman is out of Form

Brown did a great job on Cameron

White Good game in his 100th

Broomy was better

Kennedy cant crack the Best 21

De Goey looked more Comfortable with Pace of Game

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I forgot to to congratulate Varcoe for his best game thus far. His speed, lightning handpasses and slick disposals were a delight to watch.

Yeh, varcoe was terrific, really shut up his critics on here, and id like to thank the Brisvegas mob, for giving us Crispy Creme, what a beauty he has turned out to be, almost as bad as the scum giving away Kennedy. Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: