Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Broomhead at AFL Level - Dissapointing

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ They are at training, reading our views, as we post them, DTM. I've heard that an internal review has confirmed that most of the injuries at Friday training are caused by players fighting with each other to get to a PC to find out what we wrote about team-selection the previous evening.

Grundy, for example, strained his neck trying to lean over the top of Clinton Young to read the screen to find out whether we thought he needed Witts' help to take on Mumford. (This is the real reason your parents always told you not to read over other people's shoulders.)

You mark my words - no selection review on Nick's this week will mean no Friday injuries, either.

Cant help but feel that if the selection review wasn't there, the players would just wonder around the ground asking themselves

"Should I even be here? I mean, I standing here at CHF calling for the ball, when for all I know Collingwood Crackerjack thinks the team would be better served if I had a run in the 2's. I mean what's the point"

Seems plausible.....I think the idea has merit....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Glad my Rocket worked

That's got to be one of the stupidest posts you have written, Dave. Shame

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Glad my Rocket worked

That's got to be one of the stupidest posts you have written, Dave. Shame

Your Response is not better Rolling Eyes

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Interesting he said in his interview that he spent more time on the wing than usual. The perfect place for a skinny kid with heaps of skill and pace to cut his teeth.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
If only Kennedy was afforded the same opportunities as Broomhead.

Sigh.

Kennedy 22 games vs Broomhead 16 suggests he's actually already had more opportunities.

And how many of those games were subbing?

Relevance? Kennedy has had 22 opportunities, Broomhead 16. As starting 21 or sub doesn't change that.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:01 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Interesting he said in his interview that he spent more time on the wing than usual. The perfect place for a skinny kid with heaps of skill and pace to cut his teeth.

Think ultimately that'll be his spot with occasional runs through the guts and forward.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 am

jackcass wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Sigh.

Kennedy 22 games vs Broomhead 16 suggests he's actually already had more opportunities.

Relevance? Kennedy has had 22 opportunities, Broomhead 16. As starting 21 or sub doesn't change that.

You're dreamin' Sunshine. Tell that to a player. In the 21, you come out to bat with the ball still shiny and the day in front of you. As sub, you come out at 9 for 530 twenty minutes after tea with the captain pondering an early declaration. Good luck impressing the selectors with the bat from there.

Last edited by Tannin on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:36 am

Sorry. . .
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 am

jackcass wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Think ultimately that'll be his spot with occasional runs through the guts and forward.

Actually, I'm not so sure. Broomy is so quick with his hands that despite his build he seems more like an inside mid. Sure, he's never going to be a bash and crash mid like Ball or De Goey or Adams, but I can see a spot at the centre bounce for a player with great skills and reflexes. Perfect foil for an Adams or a Crisp, really. Or you might see him as a skillful forward pocket in the style of Elliott, but I reckon with a couple of good pre-seasons in him and 50-something games knocked up, he'll be ....

... ah .. stop dreaming, Tannin. Go to bed son.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-15/young-pie-tim-broomhead-sweeps-rising-star-nomination

Seems not everyone thinks Broomhead needs more time in the 2s

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31 am

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Actually, I'm not so sure. Broomy is so quick with his hands that despite his build he seems more like an inside mid. Sure, he's never going to be a bash and crash mid like Ball or De Goey or Adams, but I can see a spot at the centre bounce for a player with great skills and reflexes. Perfect foil for an Adams or a Crisp, really. Or you might see him as a skillful forward pocket in the style of Elliott, but I reckon with a couple of good pre-seasons in him and 50-something games knocked up, he'll be ....

Your right Tannin - i did not until Sunday see or notice his quick hands.
I also liked the way he tried to take the game on.
He got caught a few times but i liked the intent.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:45 am

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Sigh.

You're dreamin' Sunshine. Tell that to a player. In the 21, you come out to bat with the ball still shiny and the day in front of you. As sub, you come out at 9 for 530 twenty minutes after tea with the captain pondering an early declaration. Good luck impressing the selectors with the bat from there.

Didn't even mention how the players may consider starting 21 v sub, that's a totally different discussion. Just made the observation 22 > 16 so again, relevance?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 am

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Apart from centre bounces, wingmen have the luxury of playing as glorified mids anyway. Starting on the wing allows to best possible use of Broomy's other attributes such as speed and quality disposal. Also think we'll have more than enough extractors with Adams, Greenwood and Crisp in addition to Pendles and the kids coming through like De Goey and Maynard. Outside class is what we're light on for.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:56 am

He is new Dane Swan...you heard it here first
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:07 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
He is new Dane Swan...you heard it here first

As much as I'd like the Tag your putting on him they are two different type of players. Swanny has size, conbined with blistering speed and football know how like very few. Broomy looks to have better disposal but for now lacks size is quick but does not have the blistering acceleration Swanny has! One has been an absolute star who has changed games single handedly. Broomy has shown moments of great skill in packs and an ability to move through them. He is an igniter from stoppages disposing the ball to advantage with sublime skill. Like you MTG I'm a Broomy fan but saying he is going to be the next Swanny without the combination of size and explosiveness your just not going to break packs at will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: