Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump on Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We really missed Adams today.

Like Ball before him just makes it easier for the others.

Him and a fit Greenwood will make a big difference going forward.

Greenwood is still probably a month away given he'll need at least 3 weeks in the VFL you'd think to find some fitness and form.

Can't believe the bad luck we've had with injuries these last few years.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe he hasn't announced himself with anything particularly outrageous yet, but I've been very impressed with De Goey. His competitiveness and hardness is great to see from such a young player and he has not looked out of place in a centre square role. He's very good at winning the hard ball and also has a bit of Judd-like acceleration to pull clear of packs. And on a low tackling day for us he, for the second time, led the way with 9. His disposal has not yet convinced but that's not surprising given the role he was asked to play. I'm certain that he will be an excellent secondary inside mid in a similar role to that Swan has played for so long.

I think Melbourne's Brayshaw is a similar type and their numbers in today's game support this view. Brayshaw did a bit more damage by boot but De Goey was better in close. It would have been great to see them play on each other at some stage.

Thoroughly agree inky. Da Goey is just that fraction off becoming a real machine. His disposals often just missing, his kicks almost right on target, his pack work so close to top level stuff.

He's so close to the next step forward it's not hard to get excited by him.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

September Zeros wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Marsh is an exciting talent, but I honestly don't think his kicking skills are up to AFL standard. Until he improves in that area, I'd be keeping him the VFL.

No worse then Frosts Kicking

Dave I shook your hand after the match and introduced myself, but I'm not sure you could place me. It was me!

Good hard fought win tonight. Lots of areas to improve but sound for the most.

Crisp seemed quiet but after coming home and watching the replay and realising he played quite a few minutes on the underestimated jones I thought he was pretty hard at it and ticked a few more boxes.

Kudos to the straight kicking Cloke. And Billy......well we have a little something special here in case it wasn't bleeding obvious.

Was great to say Hi to you mate Very Happy

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:50 am

Dave The Man wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Marsh is an exciting talent, but I honestly don't think his kicking skills are up to AFL standard. Until he improves in that area, I'd be keeping him the VFL.

No worse then Frosts Kicking

Dave I shook your hand after the match and introduced myself, but I'm not sure you could place me. It was me!

Good hard fought win tonight. Lots of areas to improve but sound for the most.

Crisp seemed quiet but after coming home and watching the replay and realising he played quite a few minutes on the underestimated jones I thought he was pretty hard at it and ticked a few more boxes.

Kudos to the straight kicking Cloke. And Billy......well we have a little something special here in case it wasn't bleeding obvious.

Was great to say Hi to you mate Very Happy

Likewise DTM!

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:55 am

September Zeros wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe he hasn't announced himself with anything particularly outrageous yet, but I've been very impressed with De Goey. His competitiveness and hardness is great to see from such a young player and he has not looked out of place in a centre square role. He's very good at winning the hard ball and also has a bit of Judd-like acceleration to pull clear of packs. And on a low tackling day for us he, for the second time, led the way with 9. His disposal has not yet convinced but that's not surprising given the role he was asked to play. I'm certain that he will be an excellent secondary inside mid in a similar role to that Swan has played for so long.

I think Melbourne's Brayshaw is a similar type and their numbers in today's game support this view. Brayshaw did a bit more damage by boot but De Goey was better in close. It would have been great to see them play on each other at some stage.

Thoroughly agree inky. Da Goey is just that fraction off becoming a real machine. His disposals often just missing, his kicks almost right on target, his pack work so close to top level stuff.

He's so close to the next step forward it's not hard to get excited by him.

Just Waiting it for it to just Click

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

GWS will run and carry so we can't folk to one player or we will get brunt bad. Man on man crash and bash tackling and manic pressure and run and gun against them and expose them 2 way running

WTF?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 am

Dave The Man wrote:
[quote="September Zeros"][quote="AN_Inkling"]Maybe he hasn't announced himself with anything particularly outrageous yet, but I've been very impressed with De Goey. His competitiveness and hardness is great to see from such a young player and he has not looked out of place in a centre square role. He's very good at winning the hard ball and also has a bit of Judd-like acceleration to pull clear of packs. And on a low tackling day for us he, for the second time, led the way with 9. His disposal has not yet convinced but that's not surprising given the role he was asked to play. I'm certain that he will be an excellent secondary inside mid in a similar role to that Swan has played for so long.

I think Melbourne's Brayshaw is a similar type and their numbers in today's game support this view. Brayshaw did a bit more damage by boot but De Goey was better in close. It would have been great to see them play on each other at some stage.[/quote]

He's so close to the next step forward it's not hard to get excited by him.[/quote]

Just Waiting it for it to just Click
Is it very comfortable?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 am

That was perhaps the best game I've ever seen Clokey play; he turned the clock back years today. It wasn't just the straight kicking or the contested marking, it was his chasing, harassing and tackling. Top stuff.
-Oxley was allowed to control the game as a sweeper. OK he was without an opponent for much of the day, but he showed enormous poise to sit under high balls and mark them. He also used the ball wonderfully well.
-Pendles, although looking sore, still led from the front.
-Blair continues to confound the critics; he applied great pressure today.
-Frost and Brown were both good.

OK that's the good and now for the bad.
-Apart from a shot at goal and a kick off the ground, White was unsighted. I can only imagine what will happen against a good team. He was hopeless again. Time to go.
-Crisp was terrible. He tried and stuck some tackles and was better in the second half, but he was pretty well thrashed.
-Seedsman was hopeless and Toovey wasn't much better.
-Broomhead looked like a kid suddenly promoted. Nothing he did in the clinches came off. Neither could he take the ball cleanly. He fumbled, dished off too quickly and confused those around him.
-DeGoey got better as the game progressed and did some nice things, but he wasn't clean and his fumbles cost us in the second quarter. Like him though and he needs to stay.
-Sidey was as quiet as I've ever seen him. No impact to half time.
-Varcoe had some dashes, but was very quiet in the first half. Didn't really hurt Melbourne I don't think.

In summary, what is it about Collingwood 2015 that it gets consistently thrashed in the middle? Not only that, but when this occurs as it did today and against Brisbane, Richmond & Geelong, we seem powerless to stop teams totally dominating us?

After half time today we kicked the first couple and then we capitulated to Melbourne very meekly allowing quick, unanswered goals. Is it lack of concentration or an inability to stand up and will themselves into contests. It's almost as if we lack leadership. It certainly placed enormous pressure on our backs. This capitulation and inability to halt run-ons is becoming a consistent problem. We need to fix it quickly.

Always wonderful to beat the Demons on the Queen's Birthday though isn't it?

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 am

I just had time to watch the second half. l read a lot of criticisms on our effort. I thought we put in a good one. Melbourne did not just lye down! In fact it was a very physically contested game. Melbourne have been really good in that part of their game this year. They did very well around packs putting huge pressure on our midfielders. Even Crisp did good things even if he was beaten by the Melbourne captain. Sometimes your not going to win 50% of those battles. Melbourne dropped their extra man behind the midfielders and always dropped back to defend in numbers. When the Dees are playing well like today, we did well to score over 100 points . Some critics are hanging on a few vital errors they made but errors are made by all teams. Although they are a bottom 8 side In some of those patches they played like a top side and we did well to win.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 am

A game where we were dragged down to the level of the opposition. Buckley made the correct coaching moves and the Demon Players are so pathetic they could not answer them. The scoreboard flattered the Dees. We beat 25 players on the ground yesterday as the umpires as always favour the Dees at the QB Game.

We have not beaten anyone yet, the next 5 weeks will stamp our season.

Cloke has come out and stated that 4 years of meditation is why he kicked 7 goals Shocked I hope we don't have to wait another 4 years for another bag. Well done Clokey you won us the game. Very Happy

Jane White is back, takes a mark (fell into her arms) and missed from dead in front. Confused
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:33 am

Not sure if the criticism of Crisp is deserved. He saved us a few times by going down back. He's not the same type of tagger that MacCaffer is. MacCaffer would have sticked to Jones like glue. That's not the way Crisp plays.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
That was perhaps the best game I've ever seen Clokey play; he turned the clock back years today. It wasn't just the straight kicking or the contested marking, it was his chasing, harassing and tackling. Top stuff.
-Oxley was allowed to control the game as a sweeper. OK he was without an opponent for much of the day, but he showed enormous poise to sit under high balls and mark them. He also used the ball wonderfully well.
-Pendles, although looking sore, still led from the front.
-Blair continues to confound the critics; he applied great pressure today.
-Frost and Brown were both good.

OK that's the good and now for the bad.
-Apart from a shot at goal and a kick off the ground, White was unsighted. I can only imagine what will happen against a good team. He was hopeless again. Time to go.
-Crisp was terrible. He tried and stuck some tackles and was better in the second half, but he was pretty well thrashed.
-Seedsman was hopeless and Toovey wasn't much better.
-Broomhead looked like a kid suddenly promoted. Nothing he did in the clinches came off. Neither could he take the ball cleanly. He fumbled, dished off too quickly and confused those around him.
-DeGoey got better as the game progressed and did some nice things, but he wasn't clean and his fumbles cost us in the second quarter. Like him though and he needs to stay.
-Sidey was as quiet as I've ever seen him. No impact to half time.
-Varcoe had some dashes, but was very quiet in the first half. Didn't really hurt Melbourne I don't think.

In summary, what is it about Collingwood 2015 that it gets consistently thrashed in the middle? Not only that, but when this occurs as it did today and against Brisbane, Richmond & Geelong, we seem powerless to stop teams totally dominating us?

After half time today we kicked the first couple and then we capitulated to Melbourne very meekly allowing quick, unanswered goals. Is it lack of concentration or an inability to stand up and will themselves into contests. It's almost as if we lack leadership. It certainly placed enormous pressure on our backs. This capitulation and inability to halt run-ons is becoming a consistent problem. We need to fix it quickly.

Always wonderful to beat the Demons on the Queen's Birthday though isn't it?

Well said.
Summed up the overall game including certain player performances.
Although I thought Crisp wasn't too bad.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 am

Perhaps he can do that. How difficult is take the ball cleanly ?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:49 am

Always good to beat the toffs, what a pathetic breed of supporter they are. It was a scrap . Clokey was brillant , Oxley and Swan stood up. Grundy kept having a crack all day and Elliot was tireless as he always is. Suck it up dreamons. Next week will be a a bigger task as who we have beaten who cares we are fourth and many others are not !

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:24 am

Mossi wrote:
I just had time to watch the second half. l read a lot of criticisms on our effort. I thought we put in a good one. Melbourne did not just lye down! In fact it was a very physically contested game. Melbourne have been really good in that part of their game this year. They did very well around packs putting huge pressure on our midfielders. Even Crisp did good things even if he was beaten by the Melbourne captain. Sometimes your not going to win 50% of those battles. Melbourne dropped their extra man behind the midfielders and always dropped back to defend in numbers. When the Dees are playing well like today, we did well to score over 100 points . Some critics are hanging on a few vital errors they made but errors are made by all teams. Although they are a bottom 8 side In some of those patches they played like a top side and we did well to win.

Yep, agree fully. Most of the negative stuff posted about our efforts come from a lack of respect for our opponent yet these were 2 very evenly matched sides statistically.

Melbourne Attribute Collingwood
188.6cm Height 187.5cm
88.8kg Weight 87.9kg
25yr 1mth Age 24yr 5mth
74.4 Games 80.0

Melbourne Games Collingwood
11 Less than 50 10
4 50 to 99 4
3 100 to 149 5
4 150 or more 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: