Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump on Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Don't be fooled folks we beat nothing today.
They tried hard but they are an ordinary side.Gee whiz I hope brown and frosty get there heads together and find a way of stopping Cameron next week he could kick anything if we play off him like we did today so often

I must have missed something. Hogan kicked 1-1 and Pedersen 0-1 as their KPFs. What more were Brown and Frost meant to do?

I don't think qldmagpie67 was implying that Brown and Frosty were poor today, as I agree they were awesome.
I think he's simply saying Jeremy Cameron has ripped our collective defence a new arse in prior seasons, thus we should have learned from that. Easier said than done of course....

Fair call. Still think midfield control is the critical aspect to good team defense.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I thought Grundy had a Big Last Qtr. Tried his Heart Out and had a Effect on the last qtr

I thought he battled his Rs off the whole game but only started to get reward for effort after half time.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Make no mistake, today was the Dees Grand Final. They threw everything at us and we never looked like losing. Apart from Cloke and Oxley, who were magnificent, I thought we had several key players down on form.

Grundy got absolutely smashed in the ruck in the first half and could not catch a cold, let alone take a mark. Fortunately, he was better in the 2nd half and was a key factor in our victory with a very good final quarter.

I was most disappointed with Sidey, who was OK, but well down on his recent standard. We missed Adams grunt around the packs and Crisp had his first pasting for the year. He'll learn from that.

Seedsman and Broomhead are enigmas. They both clearly have enormous talent but cannot be counted on to perform consistently. I'd consider dropping them both next week and bringing back Adams (if available) and retaining Kennedy, who was terrific when he came on, racking up 9 disposals in the final quarter. He wasn't great, but I liked De Goey's game and hope he retains his spot.

White had his worst game for the year. Surely as soon as Reid is ready to play senior footy, after the break, he will replace White. White's problem is that the gulf between his best and worst is enormous. Given his physique, he should at least be smashing packs and bringing the ball to ground.

Overall, however, I thought it was a good win and should set us up for a good performance against the Giants next week.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:30 pm

[quote=“RudeBoy"]Grundy got absolutely smashed in the ruck in the first half and could not catch a cold, let alone take a mark. Fortunately, he was better in the 2nd half and was a key factor in our victory with a very good final quarter. [/quote]

Grundy was like everyone else in the 2nd Qtr. Shocking. Was great to see him to keep playing and keep improving during the game

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Anybody think that the team was trying to play within themselves, to prevent injuries and conserve themselves for the bigger game next week?

This would explain the up and down performance. In the passages of play when we were switched on we were easily dominant, and the team never seemed to get panicked. They seemed to be confident they would win all day, and only did enough to get comfortably across the line.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 pm

jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Don't be fooled folks we beat nothing today.
They tried hard but they are an ordinary side.
We played well for about a total of 49 minutes the rest of the time we were at best so so.
Some of our senior players today were very poor Varcoe, Sidey, Goldy, Tooves had better be a lot better next week or GWS will slaughter us.
Tracks played outstanding
Oxley was next best for mine
Grundy just gets better had our mids not fumbled as much he hit to our advantage so often wasn't funny
Langdon was good and gee the more I watch him he is football smart
Crispy played well in patches had a few huge tackles laid and tried his guts out all game he will be a gun in another 40/50 games.
Elliott was good as was Blair.

Gee whiz I hope brown and frosty get there heads together and find a way of stopping Cameron next week he could kick anything if we play off him like we did today so often.
4 points banked 7-3 is good but we could soon be 7-7 (GWS, Hawks, free port) if we don't get more consistent through out 4 qtrs.
Enough improvement left in many players to give you hope going forward.
Love it Reid, Adams & Greenwood are fit and ready for the next few week they will be important

I must have missed something. Hogan kicked 1-1 and Pedersen 0-1 as their KPFs. What more were Brown and Frost meant to do?

Jack wasn't critiquing brown and frost was just commenting they need to be on song next week as Cameron has been in imposing form. Thought brown and frost where good today again
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Out:Broomhead, Seedsman
In:Witts, Marsh

Surely it's now or never for Marsh up against the young GWS side.

If Adams is right to go not sure who else to leave out.

Would like to see Kennedy given a full game.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Woods wrote:
Anybody think that the team was trying to play within themselves, to prevent injuries and conserve themselves for the bigger game next week?

This would explain the up and down performance. In the passages of play when we were switched on we were easily dominant, and the team never seemed to get panicked. They seemed to be confident they would win all day, and only did enough to get comfortably across the line.

no. what i did notice more so this week was our midfield combo was different at each centre bounce. we kept rotating the mids through the forwards, particulary high half forwards. it'd be interesting to see any correlation between rises/dips and the starting combo.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:48 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Out:Broomhead, Seedsman
In:Witts, Marsh

Surely it's now or never for Marsh up against the young GWS side.

If Adams is right to go not sure who else to leave out.

Would like to see Kennedy given a full game.

Fair call swoopster marsh could be a huge asset this week.
I'm a horses for courses type person and should select teams based on the opposition not who play ok or well the previous week.
Hawks have done this often in the past changing 1,2 or sometimes 3 players depending on opposition.
GWS will run and carry so we can't folk to one player or we will get brunt bad. Man on man crash and bash tackling and manic pressure and run and gun against them and expose them 2 way running
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Marsh is an exciting talent, but I honestly don't think his kicking skills are up to AFL standard. Until he improves in that area, I'd be keeping him the VFL.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:22 pm

We needed to lift when the dees got a run on. They beat us to the ball and were getting a free ride stealing away the lead we built. Our contested ball disposal was at times very clumsy and then it transpired to loosing every single centre bounce even when Grundy was palming them down our throats. Degoey you're not alone. The sub rule shouldn't be used as backup for a injured player coming off early as the swap out was needed earlier just to wrestle back some clearance chances. Kennedy is a like for like for Taylor but I suspect bucks had a different view on the game and wanted to keep on keeping on this way.
Thank goodness for Cloke, his work load around the ground was outstanding. Elliott brilliant again and Oxley playing spare works but got a towelling from brayshaw in the second and third. Frost and brown were the dynamic duo.

What do we have to do to get a decent fair go with the maggots. There are too many rules for these simpletons and they can't help themselves to tilt the ledger toward anyone playing us. Infuriating.
Glad we won.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 pm

My brain does not have a response for that.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Marsh is an exciting talent, but I honestly don't think his kicking skills are up to AFL standard. Until he improves in that area, I'd be keeping him the VFL.

No worse then Frosts Kicking

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:39 am

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

No worse then Frosts Kicking

Dave I shook your hand after the match and introduced myself, but I'm not sure you could place me. It was me!

Good hard fought win tonight. Lots of areas to improve but sound for the most.

Crisp seemed quiet but after coming home and watching the replay and realising he played quite a few minutes on the underestimated jones I thought he was pretty hard at it and ticked a few more boxes.

Kudos to the straight kicking Cloke. And Billy......well we have a little something special here in case it wasn't bleeding obvious.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:41 am

Maybe he hasn't announced himself with anything particularly outrageous yet, but I've been very impressed with De Goey. His competitiveness and hardness is great to see from such a young player and he has not looked out of place in a centre square role. He's very good at winning the hard ball and also has a bit of Judd-like acceleration to pull clear of packs. And on a low tackling day for us he, for the second time, led the way with 9. His disposal has not yet convinced but that's not surprising given the role he was asked to play. I'm certain that he will be an excellent secondary inside mid in a similar role to that Swan has played for so long.

I think Melbourne's Brayshaw is a similar type and their numbers in today's game support this view. Brayshaw did a bit more damage by boot but De Goey was better in close. It would have been great to see them play on each other at some stage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: