Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump on Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Love your passion Jackcass!
Just don't take any mild criticism of any player to heart.

Happy for people to be critical, happy to challenge baseless comments.

Baseless?????
Actually, i don't think you are happy for any person to be critical.

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Don't forget WE still have a fairly hefty injury list in Adams,Greenwood, Reid Caff and Witts.There's probably a couple more,OHHH yes Sharenberg and Freeman and let's not forget how important Ramsay was before he got injured.
Throw in Young and there's half a team and most of them would be considered as being in our best 22 so let's look at todays win as a bloody good one.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Anyone who doesn't think we should offer Danger a truck load is kidding themselves.

Our midfield needs his talent, experience and hardness if we're ever to compete with the top rung by next season.

Interesting to see how Treloar goes next week in his audition.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Anyone who doesn't think we should offer Danger a truck load is kidding themselves.

Our midfield needs his talent, experience and hardness if we're ever to compete with the top rung by next season.

Does it need to be by next season? Dangerfield would be a handy addition to any team, but it does depend on the price.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:

I agree with this %100.Our biggest problem seems to be in the midfield,especially in the centre square.Dangerfield would make a huge difference to this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 pm

I liked De Goey game today.
Looks like a player who will rack up 30 plus
possies a game in the future.
Stuffed up a number disposals today, but a first
year player who seems to be able to play midfield
at the moment augers well for the future.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Don't be fooled folks we beat nothing today.
They tried hard but they are an ordinary side.
We played well for about a total of 49 minutes the rest of the time we were at best so so.
Some of our senior players today were very poor Varcoe, Sidey, Goldy, Tooves had better be a lot better next week or GWS will slaughter us.
Tracks played outstanding
Oxley was next best for mine
Grundy just gets better had our mids not fumbled as much he hit to our advantage so often wasn't funny
Langdon was good and gee the more I watch him he is football smart
Crispy played well in patches had a few huge tackles laid and tried his guts out all game he will be a gun in another 40/50 games.
Elliott was good as was Blair.

Gee whiz I hope brown and frosty get there heads together and find a way of stopping Cameron next week he could kick anything if we play off him like we did today so often.
4 points banked 7-3 is good but we could soon be 7-7 (GWS, Hawks, free port) if we don't get more consistent through out 4 qtrs.
Enough improvement left in many players to give you hope going forward.
Love it Reid, Adams & Greenwood are fit and ready for the next few week they will be important

I must have missed something. Hogan kicked 1-1 and Pedersen 0-1 as their KPFs. What more were Brown and Frost meant to do?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Does it need to be by next season? Dangerfield would be a handy addition to any team, but it does depend on the price.

Yes.

I feel we're only 2 or 3 quality players away from giving the top 4 a real crack next season and if we can get one via F/A that doesn't cost us trade picks or players all the better.

Everyone keeps harping on about the age of our side but the truth is our premiership side was a tad younger than our team last week.

Aim high.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Don't be fooled folks we beat nothing today.
They tried hard but they are an ordinary side.Gee whiz I hope brown and frosty get there heads together and find a way of stopping Cameron next week he could kick anything if we play off him like we did today so often

I must have missed something. Hogan kicked 1-1 and Pedersen 0-1 as their KPFs. What more were Brown and Frost meant to do?

I don't think qldmagpie67 was implying that Brown and Frosty were poor today, as I agree they were awesome.
I think he's simply saying Jeremy Cameron has ripped our collective defence a new arse in prior seasons, thus we should have learned from that. Easier said than done of course....

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:27 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Yes.

I feel we're only 2 or 3 quality players away from giving the top 4 a real crack next season and if we can get one via F/A that doesn't cost us trade picks or players all the better.

Everyone keeps harping on about the age of our side but the truth is our premiership side was a tad younger than our team last week.

Aim high.

I'm sure we will be and I agree that we shouldn't be far from it next season. The right free agent and trade targets could make that final bit of difference, they always need to be carefully considered though on more than one level.

I'm almost certain we will make a bid for Dangerfield, how we rate our current prospects and other potential targets will determine the extent of that bid. I'm tipping he stays a Crow though.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Considering I thought we had about 4-5 players who were really down, to win against a switched on Melbourne was a good effort. We aren't winning the centre clearances at the moment. When Kennedy came into the centre in the third quarter we look so much better. I think Broomhead needs to go back to the seconds again. Kennedy should stay and we were missing Adams today. White had a shocker today after a good month of footy. He benefits from having a second tall in the forward line to help him out, so not playing Witts today was a mistake (don't believe the story that he was ill). De Goey is on the verge of proving himself, just looks a little bit tentative out there, but we need to keep playing him. Frost had a poor first quarter then tightened up. Brown was good all day and the move to play Oxley as a loose spare down back was the winning move by the coach. Buckley is now coaching the way I was hoping he would coach from day one. I guess as supporters, we expect too much from a coach and don't notice the gradual improvements that come from the team. As others have said, we are a work in progress and it will take time to turn us into a top four side.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Love your passion Jackcass!
Just don't take any mild criticism of any player to heart.

Happy for people to be critical, happy to challenge baseless comments.

Baseless?????
Actually, i don't think you are happy for any person to be critical.

lol... critical myself when warranted, read my VFL revue.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:49 pm

Loved Broomheads tackle on a rampaging Viney. Tough stuff.
De Goey playing well, but a few poor disposals but excusable.
Pendles classy as usual.
Move on to a tougher game next week.
With a win we'll be at 8-3 same as last year. Hopefully a few more wins in the second half this year.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:54 pm

I thought Grundy had a Big Last Qtr. Tried his Heart Out and had a Effect on the last qtr
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 pm

King Monkey wrote:
John Wren wrote:
neil wrote:
What happened to Witts?
Could not have been worse than White

apparently witts has been a bit off colour over the last few days.

as for white, his games must look worse on tv than i think they are. i didn't think he was as bad as people are making out. need to watch the replay. he didn't see a lot of it but i thought he competed ok.

Not sure what game you were at JW, but that was deadset pathetic from White today.
He just simply doesn't have the footy nous and/or hardness to impact a contest when not taking a mark. He has front spot or the sit, but then gives up his leverage as the ball's approaching. He jumps from 4 deep and tries to pluck it out of thin air without crashing the pack.
He continues to run to the wrong spots at the wrong times.
And there were a couple of times today when his opponent gathered uncontested possessions through the centre of the ground because of lazy half-hearted chasing by the big man.

Hate to do that after a nice little win, but we can't keep getting this from this guy.

I thought we could've put 'em away earlier but let them back in, but that being said I also thought we turned it back around a couple of times when challenged which is a good sign.

I have a man-crush on Marley Williams!!
I love the boy.

Finey was scathing about White on SEN tonight. I doubt White will be getting a game once Reid is available. I also think Witts should always get a game ahead of White because he wouldn't do any worse plus he has a lot more upside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: