Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump on Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We got nutted in the midfield. Adams must come back in (if fit). Greenwood will help when fit.

First game Crisp has been clearly beaten. Jones was great for Dees.

I thought Dees got the rub of the umpiring green in the first half allowing them some momentum.

Toughed out another 4 points - our 7 wins have come against the (current) bottom 7 teams. The next 5 games will determine whether we are a serious threat or whether we are just competing for the 8 and making up numbers.

For the first time in a few weeks I think a few guys will be feeling selection pressure based on individual performance - Broomhead, Varcoe and Seedsman in particular. Broomhead has underwhelmed to date (based on high expectation) and Varcoe and Seedsman have only put in one really quality performance each so far this season. Kennedy as sub didn't do much either.

Out: Broomhead, Kennedy
In: Witts, Adams

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:24 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Good win.
Some very good efforts by a number of players.
Love the way Marley never gives up even though
he is not the most talented player. On the game day thread
I mentioned whether Broomy will make it.
Of course, the usual guard dogs jumped down my throat.
A big hello to Jackcass!
His ( Broomy) 2nd half was very poor.
I just wonder whether playing him mainly as a small forward
is the right way to go.
He got 41 possies last week in the VFL as a midfielder.
I don't think he will make it by playing his first 50 games as
a forward.
I know he lacks strength but I think it is the midfield or nothing.

Good on ya, use Broomies quiet 2nd half to justify your 1/2 time questioning of his longer term viability. As I pointed out, to 1/2 time he'd had 8 disposals, 3 tackles including a bone crunching tackle of a rampaging Viney, and kicked a goal. That placed ahead of Sidebottom, Varcoe, Seedsman among others and the 8th highest possession getter in the team playing forward pocket occasional mid in his 14th game. Clearly I've underestimated your ability to see into the future and it was your foresight of his second performance that justified your half time comment.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:26 pm

4 points... la la la... slaughtered the demons, next Giants on the chopping board!
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Good post MM^

although I liked Kennedy when he came on- so would like to see him get another go next week.

I hope seedsman is injured- as that would explain his horrible form.

Broomhead just seems a touch off- fumbly and a step behind- probably needs a few weeks in, but can we be that patient?

All in all, a good win.

Almost identical to Tigers game, except for key difference of actually hitting the scoreboard and kicking straight in the first.

Cloke was immense.

Oxley is a level headed Heater.

Marley Wiliams is an absolute champion.

Blair haters should really just GOGF- he was great again today.

Grundy worked his arse off.

Browny and Goldy need to be bloody careful- if you are going to leave your man you must impact the contest- not get lost in no man's land between two players- happended a bit today (and this year).

Go Pies
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Beat the Dreamons in their grand final, despite the luminous cucumber munching, scumpires doing their best to keep them in the game. Cloke and Ox were magnificent at either end. Seedsman and White were underwhelming again. Glad Grundy responded after a pretty poor first half. Elliott was impressive again, particularly early and when we needed it. If only Cloke could kick like that every match!

Last edited by Clifton Hill-Billy on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:32 pm

neil wrote:
What happened to Witts?
Could not have been worse than White

Was ill apparently.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Love your passion Jackcass!
Just don't take any mild criticism of any player to heart.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
neil wrote:
What happened to Witts?
Could not have been worse than White

apparently witts has been a bit off colour over the last few days.

as for white, his games must look worse on tv than i think they are. i didn't think he was as bad as people are making out. need to watch the replay. he didn't see a lot of it but i thought he competed ok.

Not sure what game you were at JW, but that was deadset pathetic from White today.
He just simply doesn't have the footy nous and/or hardness to impact a contest when not taking a mark. He has front spot or the sit, but then gives up his leverage as the ball's approaching. He jumps from 4 deep and tries to pluck it out of thin air without crashing the pack.
He continues to run to the wrong spots at the wrong times.
And there were a couple of times today when his opponent gathered uncontested possessions through the centre of the ground because of lazy half-hearted chasing by the big man.

Hate to do that after a nice little win, but we can't keep getting this from this guy.

I thought we could've put 'em away earlier but let them back in, but that being said I also thought we turned it back around a couple of times when challenged which is a good sign.

I have a man-crush on Marley Williams!!
I love the boy.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Kennedy had 9 disposals and 4 clearances in about a quarter of action. The numbers are good and though he didn't have a great impact, I think it's enough for him to get a full game next week, with maybe De Goey back to sub if Adams is back.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:42 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Love your passion Jackcass!
Just don't take any mild criticism of any player to heart.

Happy for people to be critical, happy to challenge baseless comments.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Got the job done. Lots to like about the way they took control in the last q after steadying with the last 2 goals.l of the 3rd. As othes have pointed out,they will need to be better against the top sides. Melbourne had a few howlers , Blair's goal after the free for tunnel ball the best example, that won't happen against the hawks et al. Pleased they stood up when they had to.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Don't be fooled folks we beat nothing today.
They tried hard but they are an ordinary side.
We played well for about a total of 49 minutes the rest of the time we were at best so so.
Some of our senior players today were very poor Varcoe, Sidey, Goldy, Tooves had better be a lot better next week or GWS will slaughter us.
Tracks played outstanding
Oxley was next best for mine
Grundy just gets better had our mids not fumbled as much he hit to our advantage so often wasn't funny
Langdon was good and gee the more I watch him he is football smart
Crispy played well in patches had a few huge tackles laid and tried his guts out all game he will be a gun in another 40/50 games.
Elliott was good as was Blair.

Gee whiz I hope brown and frosty get there heads together and find a way of stopping Cameron next week he could kick anything if we play off him like we did today so often.
4 points banked 7-3 is good but we could soon be 7-7 (GWS, Hawks, free port) if we don't get more consistent through out 4 qtrs.
Enough improvement left in many players to give you hope going forward.
Love it Reid, Adams & Greenwood are fit and ready for the next few week they will be important
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Kennedy had 9 disposals and 4 clearances in about a quarter of action. The numbers are good and though he didn't have a great impact, I think it's enough for him to get a full game next week, with maybe De Goey back to sub if Adams is back.

I would drop him purely for trying to take a hanger 4 back in the pack when he should have been crumbing.

Kennedy will be a long-term player for sure, but I didn't like what he did today. De Goey is just the sort of inside player we need while Adams and Greenwood are out.

What stage of the third was Seedsman subbed?
I missed it.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Got the job done in the end. Bloody scumpires did their best to win it for the insipid dees who are nothing more than a sh*t stain of a football club. They leech and leech and reap all the benefits like a good ol' dole bludger. Can't wait to see them fold into nothing more than a distant memory. Can't stand them.

Great first quarter. Bad second. Good third. Cue in the rack in the fourth. Pissed around with it a bit though when we should have used it better. We need to get better at counter attacking and manning up. We insist on allowing opposition teams far too much space to run and carry.

On a brighter note, Cloke was fantastic and Oxley down back stood tall and should really be commended for his efforts. Looked out of it last week and I thought he'd be subbed.

Langdon lacks awareness and needs to get better at realizing what's coming. Seedsman seemed out of sorts. White. If this guy would do something to contribute then that would be great. I'm convinced he's nothing more than a decoy. Surely Witts would have been a better option considering White's output today. Pendles has no pace or acceleration and could use a rest. Liked Marley's tenacity and aggression at the contest too.

Got the 4 points in the end and that's all that matters. Bring on the giants.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

The win was more of a relief than anything.I'm just glad we got the four points.Cloke was amazing.When was the last time he got 7 straight goals?Oxley was very good after a very quiet game last week.I thought a lot of players were down this week,and we looked terribly slow at times,so it was good to come away with the points.

And finally it was so great that they raised so much money for MND.Such a worthy cause.Well done to everyone who donated to it today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: