Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Crows get future first round selection for virtually free!?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:08 pm
Post subject: Crows get future first round selection for virtually free!?Reply with quote

This is making me vomit. How does the AFL actually believe this is a fair and just swap of picks????

Why isnt the media blowing up about this stupendously lop sided trade of picks???

I just watched the AFL endorsed "Ön the clock" show on their website and Callum Twomey simply glossed over it with out a blink of the eye..... Im just like.....WTF??? Did they not just see what happened in front of their eyes???

So basically GWS said they wanted to move up the ladder 2 spots from 6 to 4.....Crows said yes we will give you our 4 for your 6 and we will get your next years first round selection.....ON TOP....WOW just WOW!!!!!

Crows just scored the deal of the century and no one says anything.......

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the points values of picks 4, 6 and 17?

It sounds like GWS are very keen on someone they think will be around at 4 but gone by 6.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm

K wrote:
What are the points values of picks 4, 6 and 17?

It sounds like GWS are very keen on someone they think will be around at 4 but gone by 6.

Tom Green. Big bodied GWS Academy mid. His name will get called out between 3 and 5 ( swans have five and would at least call him out if he’s still there )
They really are starting to churn out some talent through their academy.
Unfortunately they are going to continue to be right up there for many years to come.
The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Actually the Crows do not get it for free. It comes at the expense of GWS and likely to be a somewhere around pick 15-18.

It is a swap of picks agreed to by two teams. It seems fair to me. Or have I missed something?
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Yes it is an agreement by two clubs and GWS want their man, Green. Im still unsure why they couldnt just get him with other points garnered from future round picks... but there must be a reason.

My point is that the integrity of the whole system seems compromised if a club has to go to those measures to get an Academy player that is theirs anyway....Im a bit confused but it still smells fishy because no club should be lucky enough to get a first round pick albeit 15-18 and not have to give much up for it...ie the swap of 2 places.

I guess im spewing at the Crows fortune as much as anything. Couldnt GWS have offered Crows a second round pick instead of first round pick. Which raises the query if there a sweetheart deal happening behind the scenes....

Im really surprised that this isnt being discussed alot more...but Im the one probably missing something.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:20 pm

It’s the difference between getting Bontempelli and getting Scharenberg. I’d have gladly given up the pick 17 that took Kyle Langford the following year to move 2013’s pick 6 up to 4. In fact, I’d reckon it was a bargain. We don’t actually know what GWS wants to do with its other picks. I think you evaluate this after all the relevant drafts are concluded. You are valuing what GWS is giving up, without knowing what they expect to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: