Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Forward line restructure: well done Bucks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 am
Post subject: Re: Forward line restructure: well done Bucks!Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
So we've beaten 10th, 13th, 16th, 17th & 18th. And we got 15th this week. Lets not get a head of ourselves just yet. On the right track by the looks of it but a massive 2nd half of the year to come.

Obviously true but you can only play the teams the fixture has for you. It is what it is.
And no one can ever say for certain that we might not have beaten a 1st, 2nd or 3rd, albeit highly unlikely.

Seriously, you think we could take Freo, West Coast and Swans? I enjoy your optimism, but I cant really take a side to seriously as a top 4 contender when they lost to geelong and richmond. Like I said, we may be on the right track.

Hopefully our second half of the season is like 2002 when we went bananas. But I take the north win with a grain of salt. It says more about north who played freo in perth the week before. Lets not forget smfc lost to bulldogs after playing freo the week before.

I expect a training run vs melbourne and a tight contest vs GWS the week after. GWS cant travel so I expect a win. When I looked at the draw before the season started I thought 9-1 is do-able going into the bye if everything goes right. 8-3 was more likely with a few form drops.p

We have awesome youth. We have a great list that Hine has put together. Youth isn't an excuse. We've only played two top 8 teams so far (sadly we lost).

I still have question marks over the head coaches strategy at times. In the last two years he has tried to implement a handpass heavy gameplan. When it doesnt work we (as ben hart said at 3/4 time) go "back to basics". Long kicking, pressure up and get it into the fwds as quick as possible.

Bag me all you want for criticisig the coaches especially when the coaches implement tactics and selections I've been screaming about for over 2 years!

You cant praise the coaching staff for the nmfc game and then forget the abysmal fwd structure since 2012. To blame it all on Lappin and exonerate Buckley is pathetic. Bucks is top dog. Assistants run ideas by him. Bucks agreed with the fwd coach to stick Cloke in the goals square vs 2 and 3 defenders for 2 years.

If cloke had tendinitis tell the members and rest him. Its suited Bucks this week to announce Pendles ain't 100%. So why not tell us Cloke was less than 100% in 2012/13/14???

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 am

Actually, I'm betting that we beat at least one of, and possibly two of, Freo, West Coast and Sydney. It wouldn't surprise me totally if we beat all three.

That's the good news. The bad news is that also betting that we lose to at least two and possibly three of the crap sides we play - the likes of Melbourne, St Vomit, Richmond and Brisbane. Can't remerber which ones of these we meet again, but that's not the point. The point is that we are a young side with an agressive, high-risk game plan and although our best quarters will beat anyone, our worst quarters would barely match a VFL side. Young sides are like that.

We are on track for a 5-7 finish, with 4th not out of the question and 9th not impossible. Whatever else you might say about this year, it won't be boring.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 am

Tannin wrote:
Actually, I'm betting that we beat at least one of, and possibly two of, Freo, West Coast and Sydney. It wouldn't surprise me totally if we beat all three.

That's the good news. The bad news is that also betting that we lose to at least two and possibly three of the crap sides we play - the likes of Melbourne, St Vomit, Richmond and Brisbane. Can't remerber which ones of these we meet again, but that's not the point. The point is that we are a young side with an agressive, high-risk game plan and although our best quarters will beat anyone, our worst quarters would barely match a VFL side. Young sides are like that.

We are on track for a 5-7 finish, with 4th not out of the question and 9th not impossible. Whatever else you might say about this year, it won't be boring.

Probably like you I'm not looking at thet 25 June to 26 July period with fondness. Dockers, Hawks, Port, Eagles and Footscray. If we could get 2 wins in that period I'd be happy. Its why the losses to Cats and Tigers annoy me so much. Our list (be they young) is top 8 quality and is much better than Geelong and Richmond.

You are right though, it should be an amazing ride folowing the club in 2015. Hopefully the coaches improve as much as the players in the next 3 to 6 months
Krakouer Magic 

Tannin wrote:

Probably like you I'm not looking at thet 25 June to 26 July period with fondness. Dockers, Hawks, Port, Eagles and Footscray. If we could get 2 wins in that period I'd be happy. Its why the losses to Cats and Tigers annoy me so much. Our list (be they young) is top 8 quality and is much better than Geelong and Richmond.

You are right though, it should be an amazing ride folowing the club in 2015. Hopefully the coaches improve as much as the players in the next 3 to 6 months
Krakouer Magic 

Tannin wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: