Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
roar wrote:
^^ Sure is. Impressive commitment, jackcass. I have stuff on so I can't go but even if I was free, I wouldn't be prepared to trek all the way over to Cranbourne.

Eh, it's not as good as driving three and a half hours from Gippsland up to Bendigo, then driving back (at night!)... Wink

But seriously though, I agree, kudos to jackcass for his commitment and passion.

Looks like it'll be a nice day and waiting till Monday just too tough. Pick up the old man in Ringwood on the way and get some quality father-son time at a pies game, doesn't get any better than that.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
roar wrote:
^^ Sure is. Impressive commitment, jackcass. I have stuff on so I can't go but even if I was free, I wouldn't be prepared to trek all the way over to Cranbourne.

Eh, it's not as good as driving three and a half hours from Gippsland up to Bendigo, then driving back (at night!)... Wink

But seriously though, I agree, kudos to jackcass for his commitment and passion.

Looks like it'll be a nice day and waiting till Monday just too tough. Pick up the old man in Ringwood on the way and get some quality father-son time at a pies game, doesn't get any better than that.

Absolutely. Me and my dad regularly go to VFL games together, especially at Vic Park. Footy at its purest and best.

Still trying to convince the old man to come along tomorrow. He doesn't like the cold, though, and Casey Fields is one big cold, windy hole. Dilemma... Wink Smile

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
roar wrote:

Absolutely. Me and my dad regularly go to VFL games together, especially at Vic Park. Footy at its purest and best.

Still trying to convince the old man to come along tomorrow. He doesn't like the cold, though, and Casey Fields is one big cold, windy hole. Dilemma... Wink Smile

Yeah, had to buy mine a puffer jacket to keep him warm
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:37 pm

What about my commitment, 2000+ Ks from Bundaberg.!

Seriously can't wait to get cold wet and miserable and smash a few jam donuts while the lads bash it out.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 pm

September Zeros wrote:
What about my commitment, 2000+ Ks from Bundaberg.!

Seriously can't wait to get cold wet and miserable and smash a few jam donuts while the lads bash it out.

Honourable mention. Wink

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:47 pm

tropical 17 deg, little to no rain forecast for tomorrow. i have not had many great experiences out there. watching jesse hogan tear us a new one in 2013 was bittersweet and when it rains it is *&^*(&%$% awful.

you know where to find me jackcass. i'll try to humour you.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 pm

John Wren wrote:
tropical 17 deg, little to no rain forecast for tomorrow. i have not had many great experiences out there. watching jesse hogan tear us a new one in 2013 was bittersweet and when it rains it is *&^*(&%$% awful.

Hasn't been a happy hunting ground, has it? 2 wins from 6 games is our record, from memory. 2011 sticks out in the memory. Dick did (another) knee, Dunn and a pudgy Fevola kicking goals at will. And it was sunny that day!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 am

MagpieBat wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Hasn't been a happy hunting ground, has it? 2 wins from 6 games is our record, from memory. 2011 sticks out in the memory. Dick did (another) knee, Dunn and a pudgy Fevola kicking goals at will. And it was sunny that day!

Really? We have actually had a game down there that wasn't pissing down? Shocked

Still wouldn't surprise me if we get wet tomorrow, its just always raining down there!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:30 am

John Wren wrote:
we're going to have quite a few being managed. not ideal if you're trying to win a game of footy on the day.

No Greenwood, so maybe they didn't want to go in with too many underdone players.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:43 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Really? We have actually had a game down there that wasn't pissing down? Shocked

Hard to believe, isn't it?

But yes, that day in particular was perfect for football. Their once-in-a-blue-moon good day...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 am

Interesting little detail that has flown under the radar: today will also be Ben Reid's 50th VFL game.

Well done, Ben. You made it in the end! Very Happy

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:11 am

Wow, some serious young talent in that team. Six first round draft picks.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:52 am

Heading off now. A little bit early, but I have other business to attend to en route.

This game has all the makings of another cliffhanger, so here's one last stat: under Dale Tapping's stewardship, there have been 14 games in which the margin has been 10 points or less (in either direction) at three quarter time. Of those 14 games, Collingwood have won 10 of them (3 of them this year). So we certainly know how to win a close one.

Win this and we go to 5-2, with a blockbuster showdown looming against Werribee at Victoria Park next week and an opportunity to hit the mid-season bye inside the top 4 there for the taking. It's that simple.

C'ARN THE PIES!

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:22 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
roar wrote:

Not many can match your commitment, MB.

Hope it's a worthwhile trip for you guys. I'm looking forward to reading your reports.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:29 pm

se vic carnival curtainraiser. u16s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: