Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies rumble Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ev5Magpies wrote:
partypie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Surprisingly unbiased commentary from Channel 7. I didn't have it on mute coz I knew the result. For once they weren't barracking for North to get back in it, just calling it as the exciting contest it was.

Yep I saw the replay on Fox too and the commentary was great, unbiased and to the point. I immediately thought that this was mainly because Dunstall and Brown weren't anywhere near the joint. Twas a real pleasure not to have their biased company.

Really enjoyed hearing Luke hodge's opinions - he thought Collingwood were doing okay at half time. Good to see the Pies fire up!

Agreed. Luke Hodge has great insights & more often enough his opinions are spot on.

Interesting to hear his thoughts (or the Hawks inner sanctums) on Pendles. Thinks that when the game is free flowing he is at his best as a link up player i.e. 'give & get back' player, basically calling him a receiver. When it was a tough slog in the first half Pendles wasn't anywhere near it.

Can't remember who made a comment late in the game when we hit the front again, one of the commentators said the Hawks would put one behind the ball wouldn't they Hodgey & he shot him down saying not necessarily as the game still has to be won.

I don’t think Pendles is 100%

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I don’t think Pendles is 100%

He is definitely not DTM, the club is just hanging out for the bye to give him two weeks to rest his ankles.

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Museman wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Some foolish ultra pessimistic poster, cant recall whom, said on the game day thread at half time, somethng like "" our list needs a complete cleanout, and it may take 12 years to get good again, ", beyond doubt, after that magnificent second half, the most ridiculous half assed post of the year, bar none !!
Hope they are now wiping heaps of egg off their faces, as that was a win for the ages, one of the greatest i have ever seen from a Pies team, and a very positive step forward for this very young team. !!

I think that was me! lol...I may have gone a bit hard there, but emotions were high and our performance at the time was again putrid. *Face Palm*

PNC doesn't get emotion, he's all sunshine and lolliepops in a rain man sorta way.

He never used to be. That's what's so weird.

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Get Reid, Greenwood, Mc caffer in this team, and it gets better n better. !

The Caff has no chance while Crisp is around. Crispy Creeme. Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
[quote="Museman"][quote="Monco Matt"][quote="Piesnchess"]Some foolish ultra pessimistic poster, cant recall whom, said on the game day thread at half time, somethng like "" our list needs a complete cleanout, and it may take 12 years to get good again, ", beyond doubt, after that magnificent second half, the most ridiculous half assed post of the year, bar none !!
Hope they are now wiping heaps of egg off their faces, as that was a win for the ages, one of the greatest i have ever seen from a Pies team, and a very positive step forward for this very young team. !![/quote]

I think that was me! lol...I may have gone a bit hard there, but emotions were high and our performance at the time was again putrid. *Face Palm*[/quote]

[b]PNC doesn't get emotion, he's all sunshine and lolliepops in a rain man sorta way[/b].[/quote]

He never used to be. That's what's so weird.
Oops. Too much data.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:26 pm

With all respect to Brad Scott. His back looked ok halfway through the third quarter then seemed to be very uncomfortable. Painkiller may have done their job halfway through the last but then seemed to be in pain for the rest of the game as he watch the pies break the Roos back! Hope his back operation goes well and he comes up with some ideas to cure his teams back!!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Surprisingly unbiased commentary from Channel 7. I didn't have it on mute coz I knew the result. For once they weren't barracking for North to get back in it, just calling it as the exciting contest it was.

Yep I saw the replay on Fox too and the commentary was great, unbiased and to the point. I immediately thought that this was mainly because Dunstall and Brown weren't anywhere near the joint. Twas a real pleasure not to have their biased company.

And no groaning about the Fasolo goal decision. Brown and Piggy would have moaned and bitched about it for 30 minutes.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Wrong post
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Lucky we were playing such a mentally weak group as the Kangaroos. Honestly, that first half was hopeless.
1st Q: Missing in action: Pendles Elliott White Blair Langdon Varcoe
2nd Q: Missing in action: Blair, White, Elliott, Langdon, Seedsman
Thank goodness Steele Sidebottom & Crisp were out there. I could also add Frost, Cloke and Swan.
Elliott was the game breaker and delivered the goals when it counted, but Sidey did it for four quarters. Hard to believe this man has missed 6 weeks; he just walked back into the team and played at top level again.
Crisp is tough inside, tough outside and has a great tank. This boy just went hard at it all day and never stopped throwing his body into the fray.
Final observation: Jordan DeGoey. Was thrown straight into the action and didn't take a backward step. Stands up in tackles, strong in the hips, never flustered or panicked. Still getting the hang of the pace of AFL footy, but what a smoothie we've picked up here.
Terrific second half and a replay we'll be watching for years to come.

Kosh 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 pm

The win on the weekend was just so inexplicable, just so unlikely & just so improbable that I am almost at a loss for words. I was trying to capture just how I felt at half time and the only thing that came to mind was this quotation from Fever Pitch.
" Not for the first time in my life, and certainly not for the last, a self-righteous gloom had edged out all semblance of logic."
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Kosh wrote:
The win on the weekend was just so inexplicable, just so unlikely & just so improbable that I am almost at a loss for words. I was trying to capture just how I felt at half time and the only thing that came to mind was this quotation from Fever Pitch.
" Not for the first time in my life, and certainly not for the last, a self-righteous gloom had edged out all semblance of logic."

At Half Time I was thinking we are going to get Flogged here and they came out and was so much Different it was a Massive Surprise

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:54 am

I watched the second half again this evening and I'm still blown away of how the match transpired yesterday. This is seriously a match for the ages and one that needs to be cherished by everyone here.

Larabee wrote:
I stopped reading the game day thread at half time as I was becoming depresse, and all on my birthday.

Happy Birthday Larabee! What a present you received! Smile

duggieboy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm still trying to figure out if we were that great, or was it more Norf's failures in that second half?

Unable to see the game & wonder where Nicksters think the truth lies.

Combination of both? Did Bucks & co change the plan?
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:50 pm

A bit of both I think duggieboy.
The biggest change in the second half for mine was the intensity around the ball and our kicking efficiency improved out of sight. Elliott and Blair both got to the half back line on several north forays forward to take intercept marks or clog up the zone. That helped the defenders stop their big guys who were causing havoc in the first half. Once we got it back we took the game on and had our best quarter in ages. Lots to look forward to with this team.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Am I alone in thinking that the Scott twins are comedians...although they are not funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: