Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies rumble Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Surprisingly unbiased commentary from Channel 7. I didn't have it on mute coz I knew the result. For once they weren't barracking for North to get back in it, just calling it as the exciting contest it was.

Yep I saw the replay on Fox too and the commentary was great, unbiased and to the point. I immediately thought that this was mainly because Dunstall and Brown weren't anywhere near the joint. Twas a real pleasure not to have their biased company.

Really enjoyed hearing Luke hodge's opinions - he thought Collingwood were doing okay at half time. Good to see the Pies fire up!
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:50 pm

partypie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Surprisingly unbiased commentary from Channel 7. I didn't have it on mute coz I knew the result. For once they weren't barracking for North to get back in it, just calling it as the exciting contest it was.

Yep I saw the replay on Fox too and the commentary was great, unbiased and to the point. I immediately thought that this was mainly because Dunstall and Brown weren't anywhere near the joint. Twas a real pleasure not to have their biased company.

Really enjoyed hearing Luke hodge's opinions - he thought Collingwood were doing okay at half time. Good to see the Pies fire up!

Agreed. Luke Hodge has great insights & more often enough his opinions are spot on.

Interesting to hear his thoughts (or the Hawks inner sanctums) on Pendles. Thinks that when the game is free flowing he is at his best as a link up player i.e. 'give & get back' player, basically calling him a receiver. When it was a tough slog in the first half Pendles wasn't anywhere near it.

Can't remember who made a comment late in the game when we hit the front again, one of the commentators said the Hawks would put one behind the ball wouldn't they Hodgey & he shot him down saying not necessarily as the game still has to be won.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
Well we didn't actually find him, we just took him out of the Bears cesspool and gave him a chance.

Well Mr Pedantic, we CHOSE him from the Brion's cesspool ahead of other lesser known players.... Rolling Eyes Cool

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 pm

partypie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:

Hodge is a great commentator.

Forgot to mention the other thing that was really noticeable yesterday was the comradery in the team. So good to see the boys getting around each other after each goal. That's a great sign if you ask me because there have been times in the past couple of years where one of our boys would kick a goal and barely a soul would high five him.

Anyway great signs.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Donny wrote:
Crisp, Blair and Adams laid 28 tackles between them.

Add Fas and you have 1 tackle short of what the whole Carlton team did against the cats. Wink

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Very very excited for the win as I had written us off at half time. Didn't feel the need to vent or attack players though. Felt we were in the contest often enough just didn't have any luck. North deserved the lead but were lucky to be in front by so much.

Reading the game day thread though..............frick me Rolling Eyes

Someone actually said our defense is no good when the ball is brought in quick and easy, and our forward line is no good when the ball isn't Laughing Laughing
What team is good in that situation ??

We have a young inexperienced side but a side that is prepared to work hard. They will be up and down even when they work hard until we get games into players, and, games together into players.
To think about what Crisp and Varcoe have done so far in a "new team" then compare how long it took Jolly and Ball to settle.

I think Oxley sub was more about team balance. They had a very tall spine and with Marley tagging Harvey we needed another contested ball winner -De Goey probably played the best quarter and 10 min of senior footy so far. Very strobg, tough and confident.

Cant wait to get home to watch the second half again !

Last edited by MJ23 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:27 pm

To I am thinking about what Crisp and Varcoe did so in a new team then compare how long it took Jolly and Ball to settle .
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I wrote us off at half time and I was disappointed and I think I posted I hope they fight back in the 2nd half. I was in the Medalist Bar in the Northern Stand in the 3rd Quarter and as we were kicking goals I was staying there and stayed in there till we won.

Great turnaround and kudos has to go to Buckley. As a Buckley doubter he is doing everything I want and expect as a coach and he is developing and so is the team under him and if anyone feels the players don't play for him have a look after the game.

We have two great decoys running around in the forward line. Cloke and White are doing that well. I was stunned even to see Cloke in the ruck at one bounce. Or was I drunk?

Blair is back to 2010 form.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:05 pm

I call Blair "The Technician" because he has such good kicking technique when he's having a set shot. Whenever he has a set shot within range I always feel confident that he's going to kick it. Good technique, good temperament.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:06 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Crisp was friggin amazing.
What a pickup.
Not the flashest player but has he got grunt!

A bit of genuine man love here for Crisp. I was absolutely bloody rapt in his game yesterday. He is only 21 so he will continue to improve. What a gem of a find Laughing

Well we didn't actually find him, we just took him out of the Bears cesspool and gave him a chance.

was he offered to us (and we did the due dilligence) or did we identify him as the one we wanted?

A poster on Big Footy who claims to have a friend inside the club reckons that Hine and Rendell identified him as the best prospect outside the Aish/Redden/Rockliff etc names that were being thrown up. At the end of the day, I doubt we will ever know if it was the pies or lions who floated his name first.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Culprit wrote:

We have two great decoys running around in the forward line. Cloke and White are doing that well. I was stunned even to see Cloke in the ruck at one bounce. Or was I drunk?

i thought white was good. certainly looked better when i saw it live than the replay i just watched.

re cloke in the ruck i think both applied. we got caught short and cloke took the centre bounce and it would not surprise if you were drunk.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:16 pm

@John Wren: re your signature. It wasn't Patrick Smith who said it first:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hkodTydUR0E
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:28 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Reading the game day thread though..............frick me Rolling Eyes

Someone actually said our defense is no good when the ball is brought in quick and easy, and our forward line is no good when the ball isn't Laughing Laughing
What team is good in that situation ??

We have a young inexperienced side but a side that is prepared to work hard. They will be up and down even when they work hard until we get games into players, and, games together into players.To think about what Crisp and Varcoe have done so far in a "new team" then compare how long it took Jolly and Ball to settle.

Exactly. Don't know HOW many times it has to be repeated here that Colingwood IS a developing team and that inconsistency of play is a standard problem and issue with such teams. It will take time and patience to get there. Lots of it.
I think given the great results so far, we are getting there probably a bit faster than anticipated but a there is still a very long way to go to match up with the top 2-3 teams. Such a fantastic ride to be on... Laughing Cool

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
i thought white was good. certainly looked better when i saw it live than the replay i just watched.

I thought it was one of White's best marking games for us. He was always competing his heart out, cant knock that superb persistence and effort.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Dangles wrote:
@John Wren: re your signature. It wasn't Patrick Smith who said it first:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hkodTydUR0E

i know it wasn't originally patrick smith but thanks for your input. i am merely acknowledging his "gibberish of the week" segment because of something another poster wrote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: