Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Children from gay couples oppose gay marriage

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Monkey wrote:

Moving on.......

King Monkey wrote:
Instead of IVF, why can't there be some sort of program where the next homosexual couple in the queue can get a baby from a mother addicted to heroin or something such as????

Would kill 2 birds with one stone.

pietillidie wrote:
^Yeah because being gay really is just another social problem that needs to pay its way Rolling Eyes

Why are you so dismissive??
Have more of an open mind.
Don't pre-judge others' mindsets.

Admittedly, my wording was a bit crass, but think of the win-win-win that could come of something like that if thought out and implemented properly.

A loving couple wants to become a family but can't conceive for obvious reasons, gets a baby.
A baby born into a family that's unfit to care for it, gets a loving and nurturing family to grow up with.
The cost, uncertainty, and at times anguish of going through IVF or surrogacy or something as such, can be bypassed.

Where are the negatives of encouraging options along these lines??

King Monkey wrote:

So, to try and get the thread back to the topic of gay parenting -
What's your opposition to the discussion point I was trying to raise a page or 2 ago??
Please elaborate if you care to, (what have I done Shocked Wink ) on your one-liner with the rolling eyes.

A few of us have had our say, rightly or wrongly.
Good call separating threads - are we moving on amicably?????? Hope so.

I feel the point of discussion I was attempting to raise may have got lost in the split. (Whether anybody else cares is another matter. Laughing )

I'm genuinely interested in opposing and/or supportive thoughts to the above if anyone cares to respond.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:54 pm

What is that feeling like? Who made you the point of discussion he or she was attempting to raise may got lost in the split ?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:34 pm

My thoughts FWIW is that assuming gay couples are treated no differently than other couples in that they can get married, legally adopt kids etc, why would they get any kind of priority in adoption over any other couple that are unable to have children?

I'm not overly familiar with the routine with your example of a mother addicted to heroin, but lets widen that to just be unfit parents where the government via community services have to step in and remove a child from the custody of a parent, for whatever reason.

My understanding is that the first step is a foster home on a temporary basis while they look to see if there's any relatives who are both suitable and want to take the kid. If not, I believe they stay in foster care and can be adopted out. The rest of it's pretty hazy to me, I'm sure there's someone who understands the mechanisms har better.

So that's the long muddled version. Short version of why not just give the next gay couple in the queue some junkies kid is because it isn't as simple as that and they shouldn't get priority over any other potential adoptive parents.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
My thoughts FWIW is that assuming gay couples are treated no differently than other couples in that they can get married, legally adopt kids etc, why would they get any kind of priority in adoption over any other couple that are unable to have children?

I'm not overly familiar with the routine with your example of a mother addicted to heroin, but lets widen that to just be unfit parents where the government via community services have to step in and remove a child from the custody of a parent, for whatever reason.

My understanding is that the first step is a foster home on a temporary basis while they look to see if there's any relatives who are both suitable and want to take the kid. If not, I believe they stay in foster care and can be adopted out. The rest of it's pretty hazy to me, I'm sure there's someone who understands the mechanisms har better.

So that's the long muddled version. Short version of why not just give the next gay couple in the queue some junkies kid is because it isn't as simple as that and they shouldn't get priority over any other potential adoptive parents.

wrong on the adoption bit unfortunately

my friends daughter is studying social work, and she has been ferrying around foster kids, oh god the horror stories.

a druggie mum last week " i want my 6 year old son but you can keep the 4 year old girl" said in front of the kids. she got neither.

they do everything possible to keep some link between parents and the kids, no matter the reason they have been siezed. one story she told me about a molesting father, and how she had to chaperone a visit made my blood run cold. its wrong, just wrong.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm talking the nucleus of an idea to be expanded on, not a simple one-liner as I originally and poorly worded it.
And yes, the heroin addicted mother was part of an example meaning unfit to care, as you correctly pointed out Stui.

So yeah, instead of kids being shunted from foster home to foster home and possibly getting lost in the system, is there a way to encourage adoption from birth for people that can't conceive naturally?? Obviously including homosexual couples with the desire to be parents.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:49 pm

King Monkey wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Moving on.......

King Monkey wrote:
Instead of IVF, why can't there be some sort of program where the next homosexual couple in the queue can get a baby from a mother addicted to heroin or something such as????

Would kill 2 birds with one stone.

pietillidie wrote:
^Yeah because being gay really is just another social problem that needs to pay its way Rolling Eyes

Why are you so dismissive??
Have more of an open mind.
Don't pre-judge others' mindsets.

Admittedly, my wording was a bit crass, but think of the win-win-win that could come of something like that if thought out and implemented properly.

A loving couple wants to become a family but can't conceive for obvious reasons, gets a baby.
A baby born into a family that's unfit to care for it, gets a loving and nurturing family to grow up with.
The cost, uncertainty, and at times anguish of going through IVF or surrogacy or something as such, can be bypassed.

Where are the negatives of encouraging options along these lines??

King Monkey wrote:

So, to try and get the thread back to the topic of gay parenting -
What's your opposition to the discussion point I was trying to raise a page or 2 ago??
Please elaborate if you care to, (what have I done Shocked Wink ) on your one-liner with the rolling eyes.

A few of us have had our say, rightly or wrongly.
Good call separating threads - are we moving on amicably?????? Hope so.

I feel the point of discussion I was attempting to raise may have got lost in the split. (Whether anybody else cares is another matter. Laughing )

I'm genuinely interested in opposing and/or supportive thoughts to the above if anyone cares to respond.

Thanks for doing that, KM, I meant to bring these parts of the posts across.

On your suggestion, I broadly agree with Stui. I'd be very happy for the gap between unwanted/neglected children and prospective adoptive parents to be closed, but I don't see any reason why there should be a specific focus on same-sex couples.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Fair enough.
I don't know the system well, are there realistic ways of making the - going to be neglected child instead goes to a loving family - pathway easier??

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm no expert on the topic either, but from what I understand the red tape and waiting periods involved in adopting are insane.

Obviously some safeguards are necessary to screen out non-committed and potentially abusive parents, but when you consider how easy it is for anyone to have a biological child, the bureaucracy seems a bit disproportionate. I'd probably support any move to cut that back.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:48 pm

King Monkey wrote:
I'm talking the nucleus of an idea to be expanded on, not a simple one-liner as I originally and poorly worded it.
And yes, the heroin addicted mother was part of an example meaning unfit to care, as you correctly pointed out Stui.

So yeah, instead of kids being shunted from foster home to foster home and possibly getting lost in the system, is there a way to encourage adoption from birth for people that can't conceive naturally?? Obviously including homosexual couples with the desire to be parents.

No worries - it was probably just the wording within the context of an insulting thread and OP for the gay community, and the general discussion of gay marriage.

The point as I know you agree being one generally of simple equal rights; once that is established, there are of course no ifs or special concessions. But I now know what you meant. Don't stress—shoot me if I'm ever so trivial as to hold people to unintentional meanings!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: