Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodes: Why am I Booed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
So you think this fine Australian of the Year is a flog? What right does a peasant like you have to judge someone as respected as Adam Goodes. Racism is alive and well on here.

you are a flog. that's not based on your race. it's just, you are one.

You Just Figured that out Shocked

lol dave.

players get booed for any number of reasons.

judd gets booed probably for his chicken wing antics.
watson got booed cos of the drug saga.
daisy gets booed for playing for the flogs.

True, MOST players get booed at times, my grandmother, an old Roys fan, used to boo our Lou Richards a lot, she called him an ankle tapper. ! Goodes is too sensitive by half, has it ever, ever hit him that this has nothing to do with his colour or his race ? Its how he plays the game, his footy smarts, his playing for frees, his sniping, his litltle cheating antics on the field, nothing to do with racism. HTFU Goodes, you are making a damn fool of yourself, hell, i recall des tuddenham used to get booed a lot, as did tony shaw. Grow up and grow a set, for chrissakes. Rolling Eyes Confused

Him Complaining about it would make it worse.

Bucks use to always get Booed

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Goodes is booed I believe because he is aboriginal - successful - outspoken - pointed out a racist remark and was given australian of the year honours. He unearthed some unsavoury remarks from Eddie and seems to bring out the worst in some.

I don't think he is that dirty a player or as much of a diver or sook as many others who are not booed. He is a good player - a very good player and he is a leader.

Could be a little bit of tall poppy syndrome mixed with some overt or subconscious racism imo.

That just about sums it up, and I don't think for one second it's Goodes' fault.

He is booed more for the fact that he was made Australian of the year based on pointing out a comment a 13 year old girl made.

Rather silly when you think about it, if that's the qualification for maybe our greatest annual honour. That wasn't his fault though, someone else nominated him, and a panel of someone elses chose him.

I don't boo him, but I don't like him, and that's got nothing to do with racism or anything else, he is arrogant, that's my belief, and he is a very sore loser. Don't like that at all.

That unfortunate young girl was a Pies fan, he was playing the Hawks, no the Pies, so why do hawk fans boo him Question Maybe they just dont like how he plays the game, or doesnt that fit with this indigenous round stuff. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Clemo wrote:
wtf!!! Buckley used to get booed all the time Shocked

Goodes - no need to play the racist card as a smokescreen - stop playing for frees and kneeing into the opposition Rolling Eyes

Perfectly said.

It's a badge of honor to be booed. It means you're doing your job.

Stop trying to be liked by everyone

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:18 pm

I booed that scum prick jim odea everytime we played saint vomit, after the greening incident, as did thousands of other Pies fans, i recall that very well indeed.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:56 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
its not racist, Goodes being booed, if it was, surely Rioli, Jetta and co would have been booed too wouldn't they? Not withstanding Rioli is a Dawks player of course.
I personally think the majority of people just didn't like his behaviour re the 13 yo girl saga.

Great post, kymbo.

I couldn't agree more.

The booing has nothing to do with race, sliding in for the ball, or taking out the legs of his opponent...............It's his sook antics that shit people. He act's like a spoilt petulant child more often than not. Watch when a free kick goes against him.

He's a f@kn sook. (That has nothing to do with race, it's just fact)

Go the Pies!
hot pie Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Adam lost any respect I had for his ability, when the young female Collingwood supporter made ( wrongly) racists comments towards him.

The disappointment for me, came from his poor & soft reaction to these comments and then claimed he was to distressed to continue in the game.

Adam, tell me this wasn't an over reaction to the situation, I just perceived it enhanced your reputation as a stager, and hence his reputation damaged forever.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Well my light hearted posts have been deleted from this thread. Yet hiss's crap remains.

Is there any point to posting on nicks these days. When a personas rubbish counts more than my rubbish you know perhaps its time to move on.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
its not racist, Goodes being booed, if it was, surely Rioli, Jetta and co would have been booed too wouldn't they? Not withstanding Rioli is a Dawks player of course.
I personally think the majority of people just didn't like his behaviour re the 13 yo girl saga.

Great post, kymbo.

I couldn't agree more.

The booing has nothing to do with race, sliding in for the ball, or taking out the legs of his opponent...............It's his sook antics that shit people. He act's like a spoilt petulant child more often than not. Watch when a free kick goes against him.

He's a f@kn sook. (That has nothing to do with race, it's just fact)

Go the Pies!

and Acts like everyone should love.

Agree - He expects everything to go his way

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:32 pm

hot pie wrote:
Adam lost any respect I had for his ability, when the young female Collingwood supporter made ( wrongly) racists comments towards him.

The disappointment for me, came from his poor & soft reaction to these comments and then claimed he was to distressed to continue in the game.

Adam, tell me this wasn't an over reaction to the situation, I just perceived it enhanced your reputation as a stager, and hence his reputation damaged forever.

and That was part of the Reason he came Aussie of the Year Rolling Eyes

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Well my light hearted posts have been deleted from this thread. Yet hiss's crap remains.

Is there any point to posting on nicks these days. When a personas rubbish counts more than my rubbish you know perhaps its time to move on.

welcome to the Democratic Peoples Bulletin Board (DPBB)
praise to the great mod Kim Il Don
pacmanOz 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Lets be honest - Goodes is a sniping cheat who has during his career got away with acts that have got others suspended.

As others have said - plenty of players have been booed; Bucks was booed at every game he ever played for the Pies. Maybe they were racist against white people?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
I've never known why Goodes is booed. Please enlighten me with actual reasons as opposed to sweeping generalisations.

My god, an island of reason is a cesspool of foolishness Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:58 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
So you think this fine Australian of the Year is a flog? What right does a peasant like you have to judge someone as respected as Adam Goodes. Racism is alive and well on here.

you are a flog. that's not based on your race. it's just, you are one.

You Just Figured that out Shocked

lol dave.

players get booed for any number of reasons.

judd gets booed probably for his chicken wing antics.
watson got booed cos of the drug saga.
daisy gets booed for playing for the flogs.

True, MOST players get booed at times, my grandmother, an old Roys fan, used to boo our Lou Richards a lot, she called him an ankle tapper. ! Goodes is too sensitive by half, has it ever, ever hit him that this has nothing to do with his colour or his race ? Its how he plays the game, his footy smarts, his playing for frees, his sniping, his litltle cheating antics on the field, nothing to do with racism. HTFU Goodes, you are making a damn fool of yourself, hell, i recall des tuddenham used to get booed a lot, as did tony shaw. Grow up and grow a set, for chrissakes. Rolling Eyes Confused

Him Complaining about it would make it worse.

100% correct DTM.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 am

I just dont like him. Simple as that.

I wouldn't go booing him though. I think the random booing of players is kinda sad really. There is this older guy near me who boos every week... it's not a good look.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:12 am

Goodes has been a fine footballer for many years but that's not to say I like the guy at all. I lost a lot of respect for him after he bullied a 13 year old girl because he was referred to as an "ape" by her. I feel like the timing of Goodes 'making a stand against racism' was extremely convenient as it happened to occur in Indigenous Round when he knew he could make a big story about it and as a result use a member of the general public as an example that racism is supposedly still prevalent within football and society in Australia.

I don't like racism by any means but I hate the culture that is developing with people dobbing in one another because someone makes an offensive comment at the game. This idea of the anti-social hotline doesn't sit well with me when it comes to some comments that might be made at the football. I think it's only sufficient when someone is acting in a threatening manner or being physically violent toward someone.

What's the difference between someone calling Jason Dunstall an 'ape' as opposed to Adam Goodes and would anyone be offended if a white player was on the receiving end of such racial abuse? This whole situation with Goodes just reeks of political correctness going too far.

One thing that is irritating me though is this insinuation that booing Adam Goodes automatically means you're a racist. Some may well be booing him for being an Aboriginal man but that's extremely unlikely. Most likely people are booing him for the way he treated a 13 year old girl who made a comment in the heat of the moment and as a result of that won the Australian of the Year which was an incredibly big political stunt and also as a player Goodes has been known to be a favourite for the MRP and umpires. His diving antics have been a disgrace in recent times and his ability to always avoid suspension can be mind-boggling and frustrating at times for opposition supporters. These are bigger reasons why he gets booed as opposed to being an Aboriginal person which I think is the last thing on the overwhelming minds of the general public.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: