Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodes: Why am I Booed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Our integration of Aboriginal culture into mainstream Australia fails in comparison with that of a country like New Zealand with there Maori heritage.

Perhaps we could learn something from them.

the establishment of the treaty of waitangi has helped with this. also being a smaller population has likely been a contributor.

i lived there for many years. you can very much see the disparities between how the acceptance of the maoris differs markedly from the acceptance of the aborigines.

both experience the same socio-economic problems and have been beneficiaries of affirmative action but there seems to be less animosity shown to the maoris. some of the key maoris tribes sit on an extraordinary amount of wealth.

ant they are built like brick shithouses!!

no, nothing at all, but well, they are

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:04 pm

John Wren wrote:
1982? without wanting to do you a disservice, i thought you'd be closer to my age range.

I was born in 1981 Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
1982? without wanting to do you a disservice, i thought you'd be closer to my age range.

I was born in 1981 Wink

Born again?

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Funny that JW, I had you roughly in my age range. Not quite my height range though! Laughing What then?? 40 odd??
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:09 am

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I've heard plenty criticize Eddie on this very topic, have you been under a rock? A white man just has to open his mouth and every holier than thou halfwit is down his throat in half a second. Unless people toe the PC line on thus they get shouted down and insulted. This forum is one of the most polite and balanced discussions on this issue I've seen (scary I know Laughing)

People have criticised him all right, but what I'm saying is that no-one has placed the burden of reconciliation on him. Going on several posts in this thread and the opinions of certain media commentators, that appears to be considered Goodes's responsibility alone.

There are a number of possible motivations for these discourses, and none of them are positively good. But it most certainly feeds back into what Aly was saying.

Ah, "I see" said the blind man........ Rolling Eyes

David. Not everybody has an agenda. Most are just calling it as they see it. And a fair portion of those see the way Goodes has gone about whatever it actually is that he's trying to achieve, as divisive rather than inclusive.
This goes part of the way to explaining why those including but not limited to yourself and Waleed Aly are off the mark.

There is no hidden agenda in present day Australia to keep the black man, or indeed, any man down. Once you and others accept that, you can stop being so suspicious of people who don't fall into line with a certain viewpoint.

(You may get the odd nutter, but name a subject where that's not true....)

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:27 am

We're not talking about hidden agendas so much as basic human psychology. A lot of racism is partially subconscious, and I don't think this is an exception.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:05 am

So nice that you think badly of everybody.

Else.

I boo Jobe Watson, Joel Selwood, I booed Barry hall, Davis the traitor, all white players, all dirty shits in my mind, Goodes is a dirty player who stirs shit, but I can't boo him because I'm a racist if I do. Actually nope, I'm a racist if I don't, because I'm not booing him because he's black!

Bottom line I don't care what colour anyone is, I'm really bad at picking where someone is from in any case! And I'm not the first person to say they thought Goodes was actually of Middle Eastern decent. But then if I booed him I'm anti Muslim, so yeah, can't win. Basically folks, it's only ok to boo white people.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:08 am

King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I've heard plenty criticize Eddie on this very topic, have you been under a rock? A white man just has to open his mouth and every holier than thou halfwit is down his throat in half a second. Unless people toe the PC line on thus they get shouted down and insulted. This forum is one of the most polite and balanced discussions on this issue I've seen (scary I know Laughing)

People have criticised him all right, but what I'm saying is that no-one has placed the burden of reconciliation on him. Going on several posts in this thread and the opinions of certain media commentators, that appears to be considered Goodes's responsibility alone.

There are a number of possible motivations for these discourses, and none of them are positively good. But it most certainly feeds back into what Aly was saying.

Ah, "I see" said the blind man........ Rolling Eyes

David. Not everybody has an agenda. Most are just calling it as they see it. And a fair portion of those see the way Goodes has gone about whatever it actually is that he's trying to achieve, as divisive rather than inclusive.
This goes part of the way to explaining why those including but not limited to yourself and Waleed Aly are off the mark.

There is no hidden agenda in present day Australia to keep the black man, or indeed, any man down. Once you and others accept that, you can stop being so suspicious of people who don't fall into line with a certain viewpoint.

(You may get the odd nutter, but name a subject where that's not true....)

Great post.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:21 am

It really is no win with people who just think everyone else is racist, a bigot, homophobe, just because.........

If you say but I have gay friends, black friends, transvestite friends, Muslim friends, it's a token thing, and if you don't say it people just assume you have a circle of all white straight friends and it must be a bunch of klu klux klan or something.

maybe the truth is, most have got past that, and don't even notice anymore what anyone else is. You will always get the extremists, but for the most part most people in every day life are quite happy for gays to marry etc etc. plenty of other things in life to worry about than wasting precious time wondering who so and so's having sex with, or how do I stop a black man becoming what's that expression the "your racist" camp people are using, uppity!

Me, I don't like Goodes because I think he's a bully, A showboater, plays for another team, a dirty sniper that gets away with far too much from the scumpires, and I reckon he is using his high profile as a sportsperson for his political ambition, to the detriment of footy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:24 am

Please note, I don't boo every time Goodes touches the ball, only when he does something sneaky, like staging for frees. Same as Selwood, Jobe however, first couple of games after that scandal, pretty much every time he touched the ball! Explain that one!

Ah yes, that's it, he's ruining our game!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:46 am

Goodes booed again, what a surprise. They just don't get it, the more you tell people not to do it and make a big deal the more they will.

BOOOOOOOOOO
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:53 pm

The Media making a Massive Deal of it.

Is another Big Problem with this

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Sam on the Footy show blamed it on Goodes for being a flog and divisive. He suggested that Goodes tries to unite people instead, and should know better than to attack people who you know will be hostile.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:38 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
Sam on the Footy show blamed it on Goodes for being a flog and divisive. He suggested that Goodes tries to unite people instead, and should know better than to attack people who you know will be hostile.

LOL!! Yeah Sam can talk..... Twisted Evil Razz

What a load of double standards from a hypocritical oaf who should take his own bloody advice... Exclamation

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:

At least someone in the Media is telling the Truth Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: