Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodes: Why am I Booed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comment on big footy "how many other indigenous players get booed?"
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm

I think the media made a bigger deal about the girl than Goodes in the end, sure he pointed her out but the media kept showing her face and kept on going with that. I have no doubts that she didn't try and be racist, most people her age don't even know that calling a hairy man of colour an ape can be taken as racist.

I think too often we're quick to raise the racist card before even thinking about things, Goddard was saying the same that they were quick to try racism without looking at the fact that only Goodes got booed. So I would assume if it was a racism issue, wouldn't Jetta, Franklin, Rioli and others get booed?

I have no doubts there are some that booed for racial reasons, however I think the majority were mainly booing because they just don't like the guy. if it was Judd getting booed would there be an issue?

Fans boo players they don't like, it's a fact of life we may not like it but just because this player was of colour don't mean "zomg they're racist!!11"

This is just crap.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:19 am

This might be a key reason as to why Goodes gets booed by many football supporters!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 am

Well he's not Johnny Depp that's for sure, thus he deserves to be booed.

I've seen better acting in Godzilla movies.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 pm

think positive wrote:
Good comment on big footy "how many other indigenous players get booed?"

This is exactly true.

Just because your Aboriginal doesn't mean you can escape being booed for reasons beyond your skin colour.

Buckley was booed most weeks for being nothing more than a Collingwood player and a gun.

For what it's worth I think Goodes is being booed for a multiple of reasons, it's the perfect storm and while yes a small portion might be based on his race the majority would be people viewing him as someone who stages for frees or gets away with on field indiscretions because of his standing, he's been a great player for a long time and supporters often target those especially one who kicked an important goal in denying them a flag in 2012 and some would feel he wasn't worthy of being named Australian of the year which seemed as much a politically lead decision than one based on merit.

I don't think I'd boo Goodes, he's been a great of the game and seems like a decent enough fella.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Jezza wrote:
This might be a key reason as to why Goodes gets booed by many football supporters!

Did he get Shot?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:21 pm

King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:

The most important point here is that Goodes did the right thing. What is alarming is not just that people still don't get that, but that some people are apparently so outraged about him standing up for himself that they think he deserves to be heckled over it.

No. What's alarming is your ego.
In your opinion Goodes did the right thing.
In many people's opinions he didn't.

Stop dressing up your opinion as fact.

A broader life example -
I'm taking a wild guess that you would've been a massive advocate for going straight to the teacher at school as soon as someone had done something wrong by you, where as others were taught to handle matters on their own without calling in authority.
You cannot label one course of action right and the other wrong, it depends how you were brought up, it depends on your own ethics & morals, it depends on your current surroundings, it depends on a number of factors.

Diff'rent strokes for different folks and all that........

If you were at school and you heard an Aboriginal kid get racially abused, what would you do? Would you tell a teacher, or leave them to sort it out on their own?

I would have thought most people would do the former, but I'd be interested to hear your case as to why the better option is to let it go.

I was home-schooled through most of my childhood, so I was never in a situation like that; but I certainly had no qualms about standing up for others in the workplace if I felt they were being bullied. That, in my opinion, was the right thing to do.

schuey07 wrote:
Thank you. David believes that whatever comes out of his mouth is fact, and the rest of us are imbeciles that have no idea what we are talking about.

Well, that's opinion, not fact. Laughing

Museman 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Old "look at me" was at it again tonight, it's indigenous rnd and theres no drama so I know.....i'll incite the carlton supporters with a war dance....

What an absolute f@king flog.

BTW Adam you don'teven look aboriginal to me....you look arabic Confused
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Museman wrote:

I think that probably says more about you than him.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 pm

David wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:

The most important point here is that Goodes did the right thing. What is alarming is not just that people still don't get that, but that some people are apparently so outraged about him standing up for himself that they think he deserves to be heckled over it.

No. What's alarming is your ego.
In your opinion Goodes did the right thing.
In many people's opinions he didn't.

Stop dressing up your opinion as fact.

A broader life example -
I'm taking a wild guess that you would've been a massive advocate for going straight to the teacher at school as soon as someone had done something wrong by you, where as others were taught to handle matters on their own without calling in authority.
You cannot label one course of action right and the other wrong, it depends how you were brought up, it depends on your own ethics & morals, it depends on your current surroundings, it depends on a number of factors.

Diff'rent strokes for different folks and all that........

If you were at school and you heard an Aboriginal kid get racially abused, what would you do? Would you tell a teacher, or leave them to sort it out on their own?

I would have thought most people would do the former, but I'd be interested to hear your case as to why the better option is to let it go.

I was home-schooled through most of my childhood, so I was never in a situation like that; but I certainly had no qualms about standing up for others in the workplace if I felt they were being bullied. That, in my opinion, was the right thing to do.

schuey07 wrote:
Thank you. David believes that whatever comes out of his mouth is fact, and the rest of us are imbeciles that have no idea what we are talking about.

Well, that's opinion, not fact. Laughing

That's a far too broad an example to be able to answer so specifically.
Was it a case of two teenagers attempting to come up with the nastiest possible things they could say to get under each other's skin?? Or was some Aboriginal kid sitting around minding his own business while some d1c4head unloads a racial barrage?? 2 very different situations, both possible under your example, and both would invoke vastly different reactions.
None of those reactions would be to go to teacher though for me and most of the people I grew up with.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you being home-schooled sheds new light on quite a lot of your views for my eyes.
(Not making a judgement at all, just that it would have been a completely different experience to what I know.)

If you don't mind me asking, how long were you home schooled for??
Did you experience the hustle-and-bustle of any of the high school years??

(Maybe answer that in VPT?? - you're a mod, wave your magic wand and photocopy the last couple of our posts into a new thread over there. Razz Laughing )

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm

What an absolute f@king flog.

This about right

Museman 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm

David wrote:
Museman wrote:

I think that probably says more about you than him.

Glasses maybe?

I got a Bosnian mate who looks German to me as well, any pearls of wisdom for me on that one.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Adam, Adam, Adam.........
Really?? Just really??

You f***ing idiot Carlton supporter, probably a simpleton, you took the bait you absolute halfwit, and here we bloody well go again....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Museman 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:31 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Adam, Adam, Adam.........
Really?? Just really??

You f***ing idiot Carlton supporter, probably a simpleton, you took the bait you absolute halfwit, and here we bloody well go again....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Carlton supporter evicted on a separate issue channel 7 reports...hope so...f@ktard didn't manage to milk a racist reaction...
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:36 pm

hope he gets a please explain from the afl. there is no need to run X amount of metres to the blues area for a war cry.
also he better call the blues supporter that was kicked out of the ground from it. the blues supporter was not kicked out for a racist remark.

and goodsy wonders why he gets booed all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: