Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodes: Why am I Booed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Goodes is booed I believe because he is aboriginal - successful - outspoken - pointed out a racist remark and was given australian of the year honours. He unearthed some unsavoury remarks from Eddie and seems to bring out the worst in some.

I don't think he is that dirty a player or as much of a diver or sook as many others who are not booed. He is a good player - a very good player and he is a leader.

Could be a little bit of tall poppy syndrome mixed with some overt or subconscious racism imo.

That just about sums it up, and I don't think for one second it's Goodes' fault.

He is booed more for the fact that he was made Australian of the year based on pointing out a comment a 13 year old girl made.

Rather silly when you think about it, if that's the qualification for maybe our greatest annual honour. That wasn't his fault though, someone else nominated him, and a panel of someone elses chose him.

I don't boo him, but I don't like him, and that's got nothing to do with racism or anything else, he is arrogant, that's my belief, and he is a very sore loser. Don't like that at all.

Did you hear the Witch Caro call that Girl a “Stupid Collingwood Girl” on Footy Classfieds

Agree Matty. I don’t Boo Him but I am not a Fan as he is Arrogant and Sooks when he Loses

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Anyone would think it only happens to him.

Bucks used to cop it, severely at Boobiaco Oval. &%%& me, they boo the sunset at Subi😨

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
Goodes is booed I believe because he is aboriginal - successful - outspoken - pointed out a racist remark and was given australian of the year honours. He unearthed some unsavoury remarks from Eddie and seems to bring out the worst in some.

I don't think he is that dirty a player or as much of a diver or sook as many others who are not booed. He is a good player - a very good player and he is a leader.

Could be a little bit of tall poppy syndrome mixed with some overt or subconscious racism imo.

That just about sums it up, and I don't think for one second it's Goodes' fault.

He is booed more for the fact that he was made Australian of the year based on pointing out a comment a 13 year old girl made.

Rather silly when you think about it, if that's the qualification for maybe our greatest annual honour. That wasn't his fault though, someone else nominated him, and a panel of someone elses chose him.

I don't boo him, but I don't like him, and that's got nothing to do with racism or anything else, he is arrogant, that's my belief, and he is a very sore loser. Don't like that at all.

Did you hear the Witch Caro call that Girl a “Stupid Collingwood Girl” on Footy Classfieds

Agree Matty. I don’t Boo Him but I am not a Fan as he is Arrogant and Sooks when he Loses

You refer to a brilliant female journalist as a witch and seemingly hate one of the finest Aboriginal players ever to have played our game. I presume you also hate land rights and would welcome a return to the white Australia policy. You must despise the multi cultural round and feel sickened by the notion of female goal umpires encroaching on your passion for an all male pure white Australian game without asians or other minorities. The inclusion of Lin Jong into the Footscray side must have had you vomiting all night convulsing at the thought they could play an asian in the game you cherish. What does this make you?

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:03 pm

He cops shit because he is indigenous
He did not demand to be Australian of the Year ( at least it wasnt a politician)
Yes he stages for frees as do a lot of players
<snip - reference to deleted post>

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
So you think this fine Australian of the Year is a flog? What right does a peasant like you have to judge someone as respected as Adam Goodes. Racism is alive and well on here.

Yeah, and you're leading the charge.

Flog.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm

wtf!!! Buckley used to get booed all the time Shocked

Goodes - no need to play the racist card as a smokescreen - stop playing for frees and kneeing into the opposition Rolling Eyes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Of all the people that supposedly represent my culture there are two that I despise as they play the race card at any opportunity. Goodes & Michael Mansell. They are so full of their self importance they have forgotten where they came from.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
So you think this fine Australian of the Year is a flog? What right does a peasant like you have to judge someone as respected as Adam Goodes. Racism is alive and well on here.

you are a flog. that's not based on your race. it's just, you are one.

You Just Figured that out Shocked

lol dave.

players get booed for any number of reasons.

judd gets booed probably for his chicken wing antics.
watson got booed cos of the drug saga.
daisy gets booed for playing for the flogs.

True, MOST players get booed at times, my grandmother, an old Roys fan, used to boo our Lou Richards a lot, she called him an ankle tapper. ! Goodes is too sensitive by half, has it ever, ever hit him that this has nothing to do with his colour or his race ? Its how he plays the game, his footy smarts, his playing for frees, his sniping, his litltle cheating antics on the field, nothing to do with racism. HTFU Goodes, you are making a damn fool of yourself, hell, i recall des tuddenham used to get booed a lot, as did tony shaw. Grow up and grow a set, for chrissakes. Rolling Eyes Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm

so where do they come from Culprit?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

You refer to a brilliant female journalist as a witch and seemingly hate one of the finest Aboriginal players ever to have played our game. I presume you also hate land rights and would welcome a return to the white Australia policy. You must despise the multi cultural round and feel sickened by the notion of female goal umpires encroaching on your passion for an all male pure white Australian game without asians or other minorities. The inclusion of Lin Jong into the Footscray side must have had you vomiting all night convulsing at the thought they could play an asian in the game you cherish. What does this make you?

Shocked That little rant coming from the REAL Hiss ??- the white anglo saxon proud aussie, who fought and died in 12 wars for this Nation, who props up bars in the RSL members and would not allow a female in cooee of the joint ?? all i can say is, where is the real Hiss and why have you taken over his keyboard ?? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Hiss wrote:

Where's the racism????

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

neil wrote:
He cops shit because he is indigenous
He did not demand to be Australian of the Year ( at least it wasnt a politician)
Yes he stages for frees as do a lot of players
<snip - reference to deleted post>

He doesn't get booed because he's indigenous. Opposition supporters have booed players of all ethnicities....

Maybe it's the sliding in with knees, staging for frees, whingeing.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
so where do they come from Culprit?

Mansall is from Tasmania and is a decedent from the Palawa (Tasmanian Aboriginal). Goodes is from Woolaroo in SA. White Father I think Irish from memory and his mother was Indigenous.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Amazing. He's like clockwork Adam Goodes. Indigenous round coming up, so he calls a press conference to foment the idea that he is being racially targeted. You know if he hadn't had a 13 year old kid thrown out of the ground none of this would be happening.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 pm

its not racist, Goodes being booed, if it was, surely Rioli, Jetta and co would have been booed too wouldn't they? Not withstanding Rioli is a Dawks player of course.
I personally think the majority of people just didn't like his behaviour re the 13 yo girl saga.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: