Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:56 pm
Post subject: Well SaidReply with quote

David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Yes well said. The problem with our Club is we have a huge number of ferals among our supporter base. They get on sites like this and bag one of our greatest ever coaches and show him no gratitude or respect for getting us a Premiership. These people convince me why democracy cannot work. When you give peasants the right to free speech you get feral outcomes. They are peasants for a good reason. Its natures way of making a judgement to where they fit in. We allow ferals to voice views and this is a problem. They should have no rights at all. Non ferals believe MM was a great coach and believe Collingwood owes him a lot.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Here is a Good Laugh:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/statement-from-mick-malthouse

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:57 pm

David wrote:

Was Never a MM Fan even when we won the Flag in 2010

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:02 pm

35forever wrote:
Yep, so glad we get to play them again, coz they're totally f****d now! As if a new coach will get that bag of dregs - most of whom wouldn't get a game with the Frankston U12's - suddenly playing like an AFL side. Jock himself couldn’t do that! The likelihood is that he'll go to another club as an assistant, or just retire and do media. Unfortunately there are too many angry morons around for him to return to Lexus, and what remains of 'his boys'. It's hard to imagine Dale Thomas staying there very long without him, he's devastated at this decision, esp. with injuries having prevented him from getting close to his best. I still have no doubt at all that his best is still ahead, but it's very hard to get full pre-seasons in with injuries cruelling whole seasons. Which is why we won't get much out of Greenwood and Shazza in 2015.

I don't know whether Mick still has a great coach in him, the events of 2010-2012 seem to have changed him as a person and as a coach. He seems a lot more angry these days. Unfortunately you need players to win games, and the problems Carlton have were instigated by decisions made long before Mick came along. They have a couple of very good players, and a couple of very good youngsters, but not enough of either and nothing between. Frankly I don't think they’ve fully recovered from the great salary cap debacle which cost them a few years of being competitive. Not that I think they didn’t deserve it, they're a bit too fond of cheating at Carlton, nearly as much as Geelong! Then they wasted far too much time and energy on "The Kreuzer Cup" which cost them a lot and got them a very ineffective ruckman who has done pretty much nothing, much of it due to injuries.

The idea that sacking a coach this early in the season will change things is frankly ridiculous. They might win this week, as is usually the case after a coach spill, but they are facing Sydney so it would take a mighty effort. Especially as Mick's replacement will be John Barker, Mick's assistant. If I was a Blues fan (which fortunately will NEVER happen) I would be pissed off at this decision, the problem was never the coach. Their problems are higher up the chain, and these are very very hard problems to fix as not many boards sack the board!
Good luck Carlton, I hope your current form continues for many seasons to come!

wow - so many errors not sure where to start…

I will say blind Freddy can tell you Daisy's best is behind him… he is 28 this year - another injury ravaged year and you think his best is yet to come! Have you seen him play lately?

It was also very clear the players had no heart - yes they are crap with a pathetic MM game plan but their tackle counts and endeavour is the reason sometimes you need to get a coach in there who fires up the players or at the very least scares them into playing as hard as they can.

The real focus should be on the players not the coach - bring in a caretaker - if he is a spud- big deal - the scrutiny falls onto the players who want to be there and build something worthwhile. AT least lay some tackles each week and flood the back line or run the ball like crazy for the first qtr then retreat something - anything.

And finally… no… they will not win this week or the week after - Carlton = Wooden Spooners! Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:

fair to say you were the lead cheerleader for his sacking. your "sack mm" comments are stuff of legend. Smile

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:05 pm

David wrote:

not sad at all glorious… he never beat Bux as a coach - brought Daisy over to drain their remaining funds… brought the club to its knees - what would you want a flag or finals for that mob of cheats? This is beautiful and it has endeared him to me more Twisted Evil

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Mick Malthouse is the new Ken Bruce. He. has. gone. completely. mad! Laughing
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:09 pm

oh yeah and sent eddie and a few other better players to other clubs… and of course sent many of their supporters over to the soccer for good Smile
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm

I'll tell you one thing that Mick was right about. That lying bastard Trigg the CEO of Carlton. Mick claims Trigg and the Crows had stitched up the signing of Betts 18 months before he left. Surely that would constitute some sort of breach. How can we believe Trigg who was the pinhead that masterminded the Tippett deal to Sydney and was suspended by the AFL for his involvement. How fitting that Carlton couldn't hire this dodgy man quick enough.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:

fair to say you were the lead cheerleader for his sacking. your "sack mm" comments are stuff of legend. Smile

At Least I am Consistent Wink

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 pm

should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Twisted Evil

Haha, you're bloody kidding! He now gets the rest of the year off while being paid $192k per week!!! Plus he'll be on whichever media outlet he chooses in a couple of weeks earning even more! Somehow don't think he'll get much love at the CES!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Does anyone agree with me that MM's main point in all this crap with the scum initially was to somehow "get back" at Collingwood for some perceived bad treatment after HE had walked away from a transition deal HE had earlier fully agreed to? VERY hard to feel sad for a bloke who purposely put himself in a position where he was on a hiding to nothing. He has to take full responsibility for his own actions and the resultant fall from grace just to get his own back at Collingwood. Bloody fool MM, that’s what you are.

Damn right there Lazza, absolutely, he went there to screw us over, to win a flag with our most hated rivals, to get revenge on eddie and the board, and the club, his motive was pure revenge, sour old bugger. Well now, what goes around,c omes around, both for him and that vile organisation of liars, cheats, crims and shisters. The karma bus got the old bloke good n proper, thought he walked into a premiership team, he turned them into a basket case, good n proper, got rid of betts, waite and garlett. Laughing No fool like an old fool, and the great news is the scum will be down and out for many years, with their utter shit list and peahearst like murphy and gibbs, and judas judd is nearly cooked too.

Frankly, im surprised someone like frankie hasnt put up there motto "they know what were cooking "on here yet, or those other ludicrous mottos they had over the last few seasons, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I see the spelling and grammar hasn’t improved much! He went there just for revenge, did he? Nothing to do with the fact that only a couple of teams needed a coach and Carlton were the ones who made him an offer? Just revenge and spite? Nothing to do with getting near 200K per week??? Just revenge... OK then.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Wow, Malty was on a $10M contract?! No wonder he didn't want to quit...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15   

Jump to: